“What a Restaurant & What An Education!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oliviera

Oliviera
8 bis rue du Collet, 06300 Nice, France (Old Town / Vieux Nice)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 1,414 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Old Town / Vieux Nice
England
“What a Restaurant & What An Education!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Would never have even found this restaurant/bistro without the excellent reviews and maps on TripAdvisor but it was well worth the search. The food was just exquisite and the olive oils served worked so perfectly with each course. It was a real education to learn so much about the different flavours of Olive Oil and why they suit all the various dishes. Believe me they did complement each other so well.

The owner Nadiu was truly enthusiastic and passionate about his olive oils and the food provided by his family and staff. He spent as much time as we required educating my wife and I. It was interesting to compare notes as to how well different beers complement food and this is equally a passion of mine.

If you are making a list of your "must visit" restaurants in Nice or in The Cote D'Azur than this is at the very top! Let Nadiu educate you also! Thanks to you all at Oliviera for a wonderful and totally original lunchtime experience.

Nadim B, Gérant at Oliviera, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Many clients have called Oliviera "Olive Oil 101".
"Hand-picked oils", that's our moto and it is what makes our experience different.
Thank you, and you are welcome.

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Atmosphere, joy and good food in the universe of olive oils”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The food is really good. The eggplant mousse is incredibly intense and the salat is really a green salad .... and very varied. And the canneloni as main course is powerful. But the main reason to go there is perhaps for the atmosphere and the host Nadims incredibly lively interest in olive oil in all its forms, and you can taste them and understand all the varieties. It's just fascinating. Nadim and his wife creates a room of quality.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Nadim B, Gérant at Oliviera, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
I am (almost) sure you were influenced by my Raadvad!
Brisbane Australia
“Best we had in Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My daughters & I ate here after reading glowing reviews on trip advisor. The setting is nice, its reasonably priced and the food is very good but what really sets it apart is the host. He is a true restauranteur who truly cares about his food & patrons. A very enjoyable evening and I'll certainly return next time I get to Nice

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nadim B, Gérant at Oliviera, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
I'd sound hollow without the products... and the cook!
Miami, Florida
“So glad we found this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently enjoyed dinner here with three friends. We were delighted with the reception we got, the food we received, the olive oils, but particularly the host. He even brought us more bread to make sure we finished every last bit of oil on our first course plate. The eggplant starter was fantastic. His explanations of the dishes in beautiful English made it easy to choose. He was wearing an I Love New York shirt, and told us he had lived in NY for a year.
When we left he and his wife made us feel like we had been dining with a friend in their home. A
highlight of our trip.

Nadim B, Gérant at Oliviera, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Oh! my worn out I Love NY tish?
Those were the days, my friend...
York
“Favourite restaurant in Nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I found Nadim by chance in Nice almost 10 years ago when I was in the city writing a travel review. I do love to go back: Oliviera is still my favourite place to eat in Nice. Nadim and his wife are ever hospitable and gracious.
If you enjoy Vegetarian food this place is a Godsend!
Top Tip: email Nadim before you leave home to make a reservation. You simply cannot get in without pre-booking, as Oliviera's fame has spread worldwide.

• Visited September 2012
Nadim B, Gérant at Oliviera, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Nothing, cullinary, is better than hand picked vegetables with a great olive oil!
This surely turns me into a vegetarian when the crops are out.