“make a u-turn” 1 of 5 stars

1, rue Moliere, Nice, France
06 16 36 33 22
Improve this listing
Reserve with
La Route du Miam is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,421 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Nice, France
“make a u-turn”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Try not to fall for the feigned eccentricities and the madcap bonhomie. We had two enormous plates of greasy potatoes with giant slabs of tasteless foie gras with even further foie gras discovered under piles of damp duck. We had a bottle of red wine recommended by the hostess. We hardly touched our food. By way of apology there followed a number of glasses of a port-like wine from a bottle without a label. That was quite a nice drink but the the final tally was €116 for two of us. I should admit that I sort of had a good time but don't recommend it.

Visited August 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Incline Village, Nevada
“This is one of if not the best dinner experience i have had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I have been to a lot of nice restaurants all over the world and this place is one of my favorite. They only have five dishes and four of them are duck so if you don't like duck or fois gras then this place might not be for you. The owners are great and my wife and i really enjoyed sitting with them and talking. i would go back every time i went to Nice.

• Visited October 2011
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Authentic French Cuisine and Hospitality at it's best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

My wife and I ate here on Saturday night whilst on a weekend break. We had read the great reviews and decided it sounded too good to miss. We were not disappointed the food and service were fantastic. The restaurant is small so make sure you book to avoid missing this great experience. The owner and chef Jean-Michel cooks rustic French food using recipes that have been passed down through generations of his family. My wife had duck with foie gras and I had steak with foie gras, the taste was fantastic. Marie the owners wife made us feel very welcome and was very helpful. If you appreciate fantastic French food and wine you have found the right place!

• Visited September 2011
the Netherlands
“Overrated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

True Gascoigne Cuisine. Gooseliver and duck in enormous portions. Never seen a plate being presented so unattractively. Small restaurant, not appealing. Very limited menu. Do not expect the best restaurant of Nice here. Hosts are friendly, but a bit strange, to say the least. The lady is hyperactive and quite imposing. They use good ingredients, but it's not refined, at all! Price just does not reflect the quality and atmosphere here.
True disappointment.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Incredible food and amazing atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I regret not finding this wonderful restaurant closer to the beginning of my trip so I could have gone back more! My meal at La Route du Miam was scrumptious... I STILL dream about it today. The duck was tender and full of flavour and the foie gras was to die for. My mouth is salivating just thinking about it!

Marie and Jean-Michel are two very kind and outstanding people. Marie's service and Jean-Michel's cooking are second to none. As previous posts have said, the portions are extremely generous -- you will leave full and completely satisfied.

If you are in Nice you MUST go to this restaurant, you'll be sorry if you don't!

• Visited July 2011