“A convenient, clean, low-cost, room with a large terrasse!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Canada
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Halevy 8, Nice, France (Jardin Albert 1er)   |
Ranked #179 of 211 Hotels in Nice
London England
“A convenient, clean, low-cost, room with a large terrasse!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

We found this hotel to be a great buy - the room was clean and adequate (European rooms are all small - we had room to move around and our bathroom was a lot bigger than our Paris bathroom!). The French window/doors to the terrasse were lovely. Up on the 3rd floor (roof terrasse) we didn't have any complaints about the noise, it was there but not a problem. This is the HEART of Nice - we didn't expect suburban silence! The room was cleaned daily while we were out, fresh towels daily (a bit thin, but a 2-star doesn't rate 5-star towels!). The staff were friendly and chatty, tolerant of our less-than-perfect but more-than-adequate French. Very good price....we'd go back again - except this year we're staying with friends in their penthouse in Monaco!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Lyon, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2008

"To avoid like the plague" - that was the headline for the only review for that hotel prior to my visit there at September 2008. From my recent experience I would not agree with that much single-sided verdict. The single room I occupied for 2 days was indeed quite small even by 2'stars standards (and the bathroom was really tiny), but cleen and adequately furnished. The air-conditionning system was present and functionning well giving the choice of sleeping with the windows opened or shut. In my case it didn´t matter, cause my window was facing the quiet courtyard, but for the rooms facing the lively Haleya street that could be a factor.
Location of this hotel is indeed perfect. On a pedestrian street with many bars and restaurants, 2 minutes walking distance from the sea, 5 minutes at most from the Old City. The staff? Well, I cannot be a judge here since I didn't require any assistance and my communication with them was limited to the simple "hello! how are you? good!" and like.
To cut it short - Hotel Canada appears to me to be a good place to stay if you want to stay in the best part of Nice for a low price.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Canada? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Canada

Address: Rue Halevy 8, Nice, France
Location: France > Provence > French Riviera - Cote d'Azur > Nice > Jardin Albert 1er
Ranked #179 of 211 Hotels in Nice
Hotel Class:2 star — Hotel Canada 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Canada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Canada Hotel Nice

If you own or manage Hotel Canada, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.