“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Mougins
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Recently stayed here and it is absolutely 5 star luxury, exceptionally clean, the staff were amazing, the facilities were superb. My husband and I stayed here and didn't want to leave the hotel it was so good the pools were so relaxing and although the hotel was fully booked it felt so quiet, highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

346 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have just returned this afternoon from this beautiful hotel and wanted to post my comments! Myself and a rather large group of friends had the pleasure of being invited here by a dear friend to celebrate her birthday, our 3 night stay was quite simply incredible, the bedroom was spacious and comfortable and the pillows were the best I have ever slept on. The food was so deserving of its Michelin star reputation and the staff were professional, friendly and welcoming at the same time. A special mention must go to the staff at La Pergola pool bar, especially Rosie who looked after us with such efficiency and enthusiasm and I look forward to a return visit in the very near future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have just spent a fabulous weekend at 'Le Mas' with family and friends. The food was excellent and everything we ate from poolside snacks to breakfast and evening meal was exceptional. We watched the sun go down by the beautiful pool with stunning views across to Grasse. Our room was beautifully decorated with heaps of character (a far cry from some sterile hotel rooms we sometimes stay in) I have already given the address to some of our friends and can't recommend it highly enough.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

First, I will say the restaurant was excellent. Some of the best food I have ever had. The hotel is nice, but not necessarily top notch. The appointments in the rooms were a bit worn and our room had wicker furniture. It simply wasn't very comfortable. As a previous reviewer noted, this hotel would be good for "cocooning." Unfortunately, our mindset was more touristy and driving in and out of the Mougins area was a bit challenging, especially for an American not used to French alleys. The pool was very nice. My spa treatment was mediocre at best. The masseuse was clearly not trained very well.

So, in summary, it is a great place to unplug and enjoy the great views from the hotel grounds and walk around the corner to the old village shops and restaurants. However, it was not so good for tourists wanting to experience more of the French Riviera.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
marksilver94, Owner at Le Mas Candille, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your comments. I would like to respond specifically to the negatives, firstly your room. We are undertaking a rolling program of room upgrades, as all the rooms have different styles , and although all the rooms have recently had new carpets and mattresses, some rooms have yet to receive new furniture, so apologies if you were uncomfortable.

I will pass your comments onto the spa manager regarding your treatment, it will help enormously if you could email me which treatment you had.

Thank you again for the positives and the negatives, it can only help us improve.

regards

mark silver

marksilver@lemascandille.com
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was a nice hotel but not near anything. We had a limited area where we could walk for food. There were no shops within walking distance. The furniture in the room was rickety and uncomfortable. The beds were fine. We had problems with the TV and air conditioner but they did address this problem by changing our rooms. The restaurant was amazing and the service at the hotel and restaurant outstanding.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
marksilver94, Owner at Le Mas Candille, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Sir

Thank you for your comments, i am sorry there were some negatives to your stay with us.
I am slightly puzzled by your comments regarding shops. Five minutes walk from our gates there is the old village of mougins, and ten minutes walk the other way there is the commercial centre of Mougins.

Thank you also for the positive comments regarding our restaurant and staff

Regards

Mark Silver. Marksilver@lemascandille.com
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

My fiancee and I went to the Mas Candille with Relais & Chateaux pack. It included one 5-course dinner at the restaurant and the night at the hotel. Both of us had a great time. The food was perfect, service was great as well. Great time at the swimming pool area and rooms are very comfortable. We loved it!

• Stayed May 2013
marksilver94, Owner at Le Mas Candille, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, I am very pleased that you had a great time,

regards

Mark Silver

marksilver@lemascandille.com
Mougins, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Didn't know whether to put this at "hotels" or "restaurants". I choose for "hotels", despite the fact we didn't stay for the night as we have the pleasure to live just one mile away from the place.

Because of the magnificent views and the perfect and quiet surroundings this is a place I often take business acquaintances to have lunch.

But the review is about "cocooning", which basically is an arrangement that includes one hour spa treatment, a lunch and the right to use during the whole day other facilities normally reserved for hotel guests like jacuzzi, a fitness place, several small swimming pools, all surrounded by beautifully maintained gardens.

As for the spa treatment: very good. And what a relief not being asked which products they used I want to buy.

As for the lunch: this is served at restaurant "La Pergolas", which is very close to the main swimming pool with a stunning view over Mougins and Grasse. After very good entrees my partner had caramelised white tuna and found it divine. As for me, I'm not a lunch guy, so I asked if I could take a snack instead of the main dish: I had a beef tartare which was by far the most original I encountered in this area and it tasted great as well.

Service at both the spa, but especially at the restaurant, was excellent.

So if you're around in the area and want to relax for a day consider some "cocooning" at Mas Candille. We also can recommend the cooking lessons (if they still do them) but that's tough as you go out with the chef to buy the fresh products VERY early in the morning ;-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Mas Candille? Share your experiences!