“Modernized hotel with great beds and good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino

Save Saved
You added Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino to your Saves list
Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   605 av du General de Gaulle | BP50049, 06210 Mandelieu-la-Napoule, France   |
Special Offer
-50% for the 2nd night
Oslo, Norway
“Modernized hotel with great beds and good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is a modernized hotel with good rooms with very nice beds and bathrooms. The hotel has its own private beach and swimmingpool. It also features its own casino if you want to throw your money away. On the downside the location of the hotel requires that you rent a car to get a around. Furthermore the service in the reception is classic French - no smiles. Book this hotel if you just want to relax for a couple of days.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jean-François C, Directeur général at Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Leifarneb,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are sorry for the service at the reception, usually, our team is very cheerful.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

The pluses are the price and the privacy/intimacy on the ocean. You'd struggle to find one that is directly on the ocean with a private beach and deck/pool in the area. It is also close enough to Cannes for an easy taxi ride (10-15 minutes) but far enough away to avoid the craziness of Cannes (especially during the film festival.) The rooms are clean, reasonably appointed, and most have wonderful ocean views. The food in the restaurant is "okay", but you are walking distance from culinary delights in restaurants near the marina in Mandelieu. It only really suffers if you compare to the finest hotels in Cannes (Carlton, Majestic) against which the Pullman doesn't hold a candle. But ... it also won't break your bank account. Nice compromise.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a high floor ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jean-François C, Directeur général at Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Stephen H

Thank you for taking the time to wright about your stay at the Pullman Royal Casino.
We are pleased to know you enjoyed the location of the hotel with it's direct acces to the beach and wonderfull sea view rooms.
This situation "foots in the sea" is really exceptional on the Cote d'Azur and is much acclaimed by our guests.
As well, you uplight the fact that we are not a Croisette finest Hotel but a 4 star hotel with reasonnable price wich really makes the difference.
We hope to have the pleasure to receive you again very soon

Kind regards.

Frankfurt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Had an oveanview deluxe room. Great view but the hotel lacks a bit atmosphere. Breakfast wasn't really worth the money. Enjoyed a walk along the beach and river , right towards the yacht harbour. Seemed to have nice, reasonably priced restaurants there.

Room Tip: take an oveanview room. It is worth it
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jean-François C, Directeur général at Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear RKrieger,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay at the Pullman Cannes Mandelieu. We are plaesed that you appreciate your stay with us and the location of our hotel.
We are very surprised for the breakfast because we offer you a wide variety of quality products and standing products. At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
We truly hope to welcome you back soon.

King regards.

Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Hotels actually in Cannes cost a fortune, this one is reasonable because of location. That said I do actually like it.
Rooms are a good size, beds and shower good. Mine did have some pealing paint and cigarette butts left on the balcony.
Wifi everywhere.
Restaurant is decent but the bar is a little stark.
There is a casino onsite.
Decent pool and deck and a private small beech with sheltered small bay.
If you have a car good option for exploring the area and there is enough onsite to keep you and kids occupied.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jean-François C, Directeur général at Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear ArcfireSG,

We thank you for your comments further your stay at the Pullman Cannes Mandelieu. We are sorry for the cigarrette on the balcony. I informed the house keeping. Please rest assured that it was an exceptional fact and normaly eveything is checked by our team. We really appreciate your sharing your concerns and we strive to provide a superior service experience.
We truly hope to welcome you back soon.

Cannes, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I came to Cannes just for a quick 5 day break and booked it all spontaneously. The hotel was good, I'm not saying it was amazing or poor, it done the job I wanted it to do.

Firstly, the hotel is not IN Cannes, it's about 4.5 miles away in Mandelieu-La-Napoule (I know it says it in the name...) so this hotel is not ideal if you do not have a car. The travel links into Cannes directly are quite poor, there isn't a bus that runs directly into Cannes either. You could get a train but it's a 10 minute walk in the opposite direction and the trains aren't great in France. If you want to experience the walk (long walk....I done it with my cases) along the sea front, it's great but just make sure you take a drink, there are beach 'huts' that sell refreshments along the way but they are pretty pricey. A taxi from Cannes to the hotel costs about €20/25 which, if you want to go for a very decent meal/night out then this is loose change.

The breakfast wasn't bad, large range to choose from including cereal, meats, cheese, hot food, fruit, bread, baguettes and a very large range of jams/spreads. Service is good, ensuring you have all the tea and coffee you desire. You can sit poolside with your breakfast/dinner, whichever you're eating and the view is across the 'private beach' of the hotel.

Speaking of the 'private beach' that is advertised, the stretch of sand is inexistant, and there's no sandy connection to the actual sandy stretch in the photo's of Cannes/Mandelieu. This small stretch is perfect for the summer months when you don't want to go far to sunbathe but it will get very busy. There are sunloungers on the patio next to the sea which is nice.

I didn't need to have much involvement with the staff, but when I did the service was good. I wanted to arrange hiring a bike, and one of the concierge rang a local company which is about a 10 minute walk away (a very nice walk) but when I arrived the shop was closed and there was no sign of life. If you want to hire a bike make sure, if you're not going straight away, they ring ahead and make sure somebody's actually there!
Room service was nice, good food, obviously a little pricey but it was nice for a treat. The chambermaid's were very friendly and done a very good job of cleaning and sprucing up the room.

As expected, your soap and towels are 'refilled' daily. You recieve both a bottle of sparking and still water which is replaced daily and they make sure that you have the same amount of coffee and tea that you had when you arrived.

Storage space for the room is very, very good. 4 large wardrobes, 1 with the wall safe in and a very deep drawer. The safe is one of those rubbish ones that can be opened with 4 0's so I would strongly advise, if you are going on a day trip to leave your valuables at the reception desk.
The balcony needs some TLC, in respects of a quick paint, that would be beneficial to the hotel to do that every couple of months or so.

The hotel is located in very close proximity to Cannes airport, very very few major airlines fly into here but you do sometimes get a lot of noise from the propellor planes or private jets flying over.

I popped to the 'local' supermaket, Casino, which was about a 15/20 minute walk away, the place is called 'Centre Commercial Géant' which has a McDonald's there too. I bought some milk and some drinks to pop into the fridge, which is something I would recommend as there are no small local shops in the nearby vicinity.

A very comfortable bed. The hairdryer isn't brilliant but it got me by. There is a great table that comes in the room that was the perfect height for me to sit on the foldable bed to do some work on my laptop.

A last, small tip is I would request them sending a mug up for you if you drink tea/coffee in the room as you only get small paper cups, which gets replaced daily; they were very good about this.

Room Tip: Both the sea and golf views are nice. If you have a golf room you may get the view down the canal wi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Jean-François C, Directeur général at Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Mr Baird,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at the Pullman Cannes Mandelieu.
We are pleased to know that you appreciated the services in the hotel.
As you said, the hotel is not in Cannes, but only 5 minutes by car or 15 by bus.
For your information, a new bus line has opened and starts directly in front of the hotel and brings you to Cannes center.
As I told you upon your check out, the winter makes the sea very rough sometimes and generally takes over our beach, that was the case during your stay.
Summertime, you can enjoy our sun beds around our swimming pool and beach directly from the hotel as you can see on the photos.
Nevertheless, despite these few remarks, we are pleased you will keep a good souvenir from you stay with us, regarding breakfast, room service, the hotel situation, our chamber maids and of course the general comfort in the room.

We hope to have the pleasure to receive you very soon at The Pullman Cannes Mandelieu.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stay regulary at this hotel because it has great rooms with nice views, and you can rent boats nearby to discover the great landscape from the sea.
The pool and little beach area is in summer times totally overcrowded.
So if you look for a place from where to discover other areas it is perfect, but if it is to stay over the day just in the hotel and drive to Cannes for dinner, then there are better places to find.

• Stayed August 2013
Marie V, Responsable relations clients at Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Maxis78,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and most particularly our hotel's location. The French Riviera is the « place to be » in summer and there is a lot of people everywhere. Let me advice you to come on June or September if you prefer to relax by the pool with more quietness.
Look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I fell in love with the hotel when I saw some of the pictures in a catalogue, so we decided to stay there for 10 days in July.
When I first saw my room I was very happy because it looked just like in the pictures that I had seen.
The view was perfect, I could see the pool and the ocean from my balcony. My mum had another room (less expensive) and her view wasn't the same. She could only see the ocean (not the part of the beach belonging to the hotel).
Anyway I think that the bed was very comfortable and I really liked the bathroom because it looked modern and had everything I could ask for (shower & bathtub).
The wardrobe was big enough to fit all of my clothes in there and the laptop fit into the safe, nothing to complain about.

The food at the hotel was very good. I loved the hamburgers and the pasta! The only bad thing about the whole thing is that it's pretty expensive, but looking at the room prices it should be clear that it isn't exactly a cheap hotel. So the food is expensive but it also tastes VERY good so I don't regret spending my money on it.

The service was excellent, one day after arriving at the hotel, there was a little reception for the new guest. Some people who work at the hotel (managers of different things etc.) were there to talk to the guests, ask if everything was alright with they're rooms etc. They also offered free champagne and snacks during this reception.

The pool isn't very big but as it's only a few metres away from the beach that's not a big problem. I also really liked that there is a partitioning between the pool and the deck chairs.

Arriving in South France, we had rented a car, so we could easily drive to Cannes (15 min. from Madelieu) or other nice places (St. Raphael, Monaco). There is a big supermarket in Mandelieu which is always good in case you run out of shampoo, want to buy a new book or anything else.

I would definitely recommend the hotel and I'm also planning to go there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Marie V, Responsable relations clients at Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear VeroXx,
Thank you for your comments in details about your stay at the Pullman Cannes Mandelieu. We are very pleased that it was a good experience for you and your mother. It always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and it serves as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We very much appreciate your recommendation to our hotel.
We hope to welcome you back soon.
Yours sincerely,
Marie Voyer

Been to Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino? Share your experiences!