“relaxing location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino

You added Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino to your Saves list
Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   605 av du General de Gaulle | BP50049, 06210 Mandelieu-la-Napoule, France   |
Special Offer
Escape & Save by Pullman
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bruges, Belgium
“relaxing location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Big rooms with terrace even the rooms non sea-
view have pleasent surrounding vieuw off river and golf. Only negatief about the hotel is the space around the pool area and sun beds extremely close together . Spent 6 days in Cannes, big spender city but shop and eat around and you will enyou . for every budget possible but you have to find your way. We went also to Grass the parfum city THAT WAS ZERO! Skip that one! Go for coastel road up to St-Rafael. Amazing vieuws. And if you want a beach private with beds and parasols and very good service go to La Plage 5 min from the hotel you can also eat there in the evening its also rest. Very nice.

Room Tip: Room nr 331
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
H1168RM, Directeur général at Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear guest,
It’s with pleasure that I read the review you wrote on Tripadvisor. We are happy to know that you had a good time in our establishment. We hope to see you soon and will be very pleased to welcoming you.
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Spent 4 nights at the Pullman Cannes Mandelieu last week - booked a deal with Voyage Prive for a Deluxe Sea-View room (lovely big room/big twin beds/great view and all amenities you need), with Breakfast (loads of different choices - although they took forever to clear plates away!), use of the Cabana Club (would definitely want this again as the other beds were extremely close together and people would constantly be walking by). You have to pay for the CC if you don't get it in your deal. Lovely little protected coveThe hotel is a short walk from the little village where there is a train station that will take you in to Cannes in about 12 minutes for a little over 2 euros one way instead of about 30 euros for a cab. Pleasant staff, good pool, casino if you feel like it (we didn't!)

Room Tip: Go for 4th floor and above if you can. All sides have a decent view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay in our hotel Pullman on Tripadvisor. It’s very pleasant to see that you’ve been satisfied by our property.
I look forward to welcoming you soon at the Pullman Cannes Mandelieu
Durham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Lovely hotel in a nice location right by the beach.The rooms are bright and airy with the most comfortable of beds - larger than kingsize.The pool and beach area's are quiet and relaxing.Its a 10 minute walk to La Napoule Station from where its only 8 mins to Cannes.4 euro for return fare.
Plenty of places to dine out around The Port and Station area's although price's are a little steep,bottle of coke 5 euro a pint of beer 10 and a bottle of house wine 20.On the whole a great hotel in a good location to which I will definately return

Room Tip: No problem with noise if you keep your doors closed as the aircon works well and the rooms are sound...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy to know that you really appreciated your stay in our hotel.
We hope to see you soon and will be very pleased to welcome you again,
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Everything about The Pullman has all the marks of a good hotel. Good attentive staff. Excellent front desk. Good size rooms and great views. A restaurant which produces good food (although not always consistent), so that it's not always necessary to hunt for outside restaurants. A clean and good size swimming pool. Plenty of room to soak up the sun but put a towel down early for your preffered sun loungers.
Good outside bar and menu but sometimes under staffed. Probably one of the best views and position of any hotel in the South of France.
We parked our hire car on the road ouside the hotel. The charge for valet parking is 12 euroes per day.
The one BIG problem that this hotel has is that they have seminars and conferences and private functions. To my mind this is not condusive to a relaxing mix staying in an expensive hotel. We understand that times are difficult and it is necessary to maximise turnover but is it a hotel or a conferrence centre with rooms? The design and the build of the hotel means that several of the areas are shared by paying guests and various seminar / conference groups.
This doesnt apparently cause a problem in high season, July and most of August.. but we were really affected for three nights and to a lesser extent during the day... out of the seven days we stayed at the end of August/early Setember.... by a group of approx hundred people for a four or five day seminar.
We had to call a meeting with the manager one morning who in fairness dealt with the lack of control of the previous nights, after our meeting.
It is a good place to stay but DO check what is happening ie events etc during your required dates/stay, so that you do not have the problems that we had.

Room Tip: Try not to have a room above or near the rear door of the hotel to the pool and outside bar as every...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The Pullman hotel is in a good spot. The advert on Expedia said the hotel room we were booking overlooked the golf course - not the case a car park and very busy road. Which is noisy all night. The pool is great and beach nice although busy. Breakfast on the first night was a joke - we arrived at 9.30ish the resturant was a mess all tables full go plates and debris. Clearly understaffed. The following morning much better. Room is ok - the hotel has Benin refurbished of sorts. A rough paint job but it is clean. The room had no hotel guide in it which was a bit frustrating at times. All in all a good location for an ok hotel. Saving grace was amazing weather and some super resturants in walking distance.

Room Tip: Sea view as high up as you can,
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jean-François C, Directeur général at Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We have taken into account your remark concerning the service at the breakfast.

We hope to see you soon and will be very happy to welcome you again,

Jean- François CHAPEL
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Everything about The Pullman has all the marks of a good hotel. Good attentive staff. Excellent front desk. Good size rooms and great views. A restaurant which produces good food (although not always consistent), so that it's not always necessary to hunt for outside restaurants. A clean and good size swimming pool. Plenty of room to soak up the sun but put a towel down early for your prefered sun lounger.
The one BIG problem that this hotel has is that they have seminars and conferences and private functions. To my mind this is not condusive to a relaxing mix staying in an expensive hotel. We understand that times are difficult and it is necessary to maximise turnover but is it a hotel or a conference centre with rooms? The design and the build of the hotel means that several of the areas are shared by paying guests and various seminar / conference groups.
This does not apparently cause a problem in high season, July and most of August.. but we were really affected for three nights and to a lesser extent during the day... out of the seven days we stayed at the end of August/early September.... by a group of approx hundred people for a four or five day seminar.
We had to call a meeting with the manager one morning who, in fairness, dealt with the lack of control of the previous nights, after our meeting.

Room Tip: Check before you go about events that may occur while you are staying. The windows/glazing are not s...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a such accurate review about our hotel.
I am pleased that you appreciate the property.
I am sorry about the inconvenience caused by the seminar during you stay. We use to welcome many seminars and in 95% of the cases everything goes smoothly. Unfortunatly the behavior of some seminars attendees cannot be forecasted.
I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again during a quieter period of the year.

Nyiregyhaza, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I found myself, in a very round about way, staying at this hotel back in November of 2010. Took me long enough to write the review, I know...but I guess you can chuck it up to too much traveling ever since then.

The hotel was remarkable. The "ooh-la-la-iest" hotel at which I've ever stayed, and I was the guest of a guest, so my stay was free. On that point, I can't really say if my "Euro" was well spent, but if I'd had as many Euros as they were charging, then I would say yes. However, when I happened to find out the price of the room in which we were staying it said it was over 600 euro a night: Sacrebleu! is right.

To be fair, we were in a double room: Meaning it was a suite that was joined with another suite. Perhaps it wasn't even a suite, but from my simple gypsy-like perspective, it seemed a suite to me. Let's put it this way: The Best Western for me - in Europe anyway - is a real special treat. And about as high in price as I'm willing to spend per night on a hotel. So coming to this place was like staying at Buckingham Palace.

The view was incredible, one of the most enchanting things about the hotel - but not the only thing. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud hand woven by angels who use marshmallows as their sewing string. The room was beyond comfortable: carpeted floors, long curtains, BIG bathroom with a tub and shower. I think two or three mirrors - one large and two small ones to see all those nasty problem areas of your face in magnified vision. Comfy towels, and they even had cotton bathrobes with the hotel's name branded on it. I think they were around 75 euro if you wanted to buy one.

I even had the opportunity to order room service, and eat the delicious food on the heavenly bed. The TV was plasma (of course!), and there was a bench just before the entrance of the balcony so that you could watch the sea, that much closer to the sliding glass door of the room. The swimming pool was incredible lit up at night, and had it not been November - I would have jumped in the moment I arrived at the hotel.

Upon arrival, each guest received a free glass of champagne. But then after that it was business as usual down at the bar - 10 Euro minimum per drink. They had a casino downstairs, and the people who were supervising up front were very nice and had a good sense of humor. Some of the staff spoke English, and others spoke Italian - two languages which proved fortunate for me to know, since I don't speak French very well.

I can honestly say though, that THE best hotel breakfast I have ever had anywhere at any hotel or in any country was at this hotel. They had everything your little American heart could desire - and let me tell you, after having been away from the States for as many years as I have been, it was like a dream seeing some of the things they served. A full breakfast, they had anything you could think of: Pancakes, different types of syrup, all kinds of eggs, seafood, vegetables, fruits, cereal, sausages, ham, cheeses, waffles, peanut butter - absolutely everything! I sat in the downstairs breakfast area, although they did have a terrace just outside near the pool, where you had a beautiful view of the sea.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and I would have to say that as far as the rest of the "island" was concerned, they were probably the friendliest people I ran into - so I was very lucky in that regard. Don't hold your breath on the internet though. As fancy as this place is - and it is that - the internet absolutely sucked. They had two computers free for guests in the lobby, and neither of them would connect to any of the sites I needed. I also tried internet at other places and it was scarce and/or didn't work. Also be mindful if going to France, either from the States or a different European country - your SIM card will not work there. You have to buy a new one in order to make calls.

In terms of location - the view was stunning, but the out of the way area that it's in is not so convenient, and if you don't have a car there is really nothing nearby. I was also surprised with how few people spoke English in the town in general.

All in all this hotel is a great place to go if you have the money to stay there. I can't say that all the rooms were as spendy as the one in which I stayed, but it would be cheaper to stay a Motel 8, let's put it that way. ;)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a such accurate review about the Pullman Cannes Mandelieu.
I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you during you future stay with us.

Best regards,

Been to Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino? Share your experiences!