“Comfortable, spacious room in a gorgeous setting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Les Strelitzias

You added Les Strelitzias to your Saves list
Les Strelitzias
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Rue Pierre-Commanay, 06160 Juan-les-Pins, Antibes, France   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #8 of 53 Hotels in Juan-les-Pins
Aix-en-Provence, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
“Comfortable, spacious room in a gorgeous setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Spacious room; generous parking; excellent buffet breakfast.... a very nice accomodation and easy access to the jazz festival. The grounds and gardens were beautiful. The staff was helpful.... it was a very pleasant stay! It is unusual to stay in accomodations of this quality in this area of France. We were very pleased with our one-night here.

Room Tip: a room overlooking the pretty gardens
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brentwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Within 10mins walk of good public beaches. Yet set back in a quiet spot behind local park. We had a good deal on a superior room facing the hotel's nice garden courtyard. Very spacious well appointed modern room with loads of hanging and drawer space. Excellent en suite and very good size. Full buffet breakfast was a hefty price at 15eu but they also served fruit juice, tea/coffee and 3 mini croissants for 6eu which we enjoyed. Good choice of dinner menus and compared well with prices in the town. Menus in French but just be bold and ask- we found staff helpful. Staff were cheerful, friendly, efficient and helpful. Certainly on my shortlist for returning.
Location also handy for good local and regional buses along the coast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking garden/courtyard. Choose superior room for spaciousness if you can get a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

What do you expect from a hotel? For me basic needs are a clean room,staff which is nice and helpful enough to give you the basics to navigate around and a good location. This hotel lacks all three! I can easily tell you to avoid it like a plague! Also having been to many hotels in France, this is the only one where I experienced the cliche "They don't treat you OK unless you are French" feeling. Understand that I am trying to be as fair as possible and assume that several things happened to me are actually my bad luck. Still the fundamental problems with this hotel remain, hence the 1 star.
First things first, the reception is the exact opposite of friendly and helpful. They are plain rude! We had 2 rooms and arrived at the hotel around 12:30. Knowing that it is early, we sat and tried to relax. Reception told us that the rooms will be ready in 1-2 hours. Guess what, they weren't ready even after 3 hours! After several times going to the reception (because they don't come to you, they just ignore you!), finally at 3:30 one room was ready. And the second room was ready at 4:30!!! When i complained about this, they told me that they were fully booked and the housekeep was doing her best! Obviously they are understaffed. This can be observed clearly when you check the cleanliness of the room which is a disaster by my standards!
The hotel is not close to the beach by any means, the area has no vacation/ beach feeling and actually quite residential. So keep that in mind too. Also, they don't have any standard to their rooms, I know this since I booked 2 rooms for exactly the same price. However, the bathrooms were completely different, one having the advertised brown-orange modern setting (D05) while the other has very dated and quite ugly hammam-like setting(D01). I had no idea why! Plus the wardrobe spaces were different in size. So don't expect any standard from this hotel, it is just a gamble! And definetely don't expect what you see on the photos! All furniture were old and stained in the rooms plus my sheets had horrible stains on them. I got rid of the stained sheets to be able to get in the bed!
Horrible receptionists are the reason why I never said anything about all the problems with the rooms. I knew i would't get anything in return other than becoming even more frustrated.
I really cannot think of anything good about this hotel and I waited 1 week to write down for this review so I am cooled down. This is the first time TripAdvisor completely let me down so I am pretty sure some reviews are ingenuine about this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
strelitzias, Gérant at Les Strelitzias, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Madam,.

We have been concerned by your comments and we would like to clear up a few points :

Regarding the delay for your check-in, we are sorry that you have been waiting too long.
It is true that rooms are announced to be ready at 3pm, but the day of your arrival was a very busy day, hotel was full and our guests have the possibility to check out till 12am.
In order to make your waiting more comfortable, we offer you a complimentary drink .

As for the cleanness of the room, our housekeeper checks every room before the reception is allowed to give it.
If a problem occurred in your room, knowing it, the reception would have made its best to solve the issue.
Nevertheless, we do apologize if our usual care has exceptionally failed.

We pride ourselves to welcome all our guests, from all nationalities, with the helpfulness
and efficiency that come with our profession, as all the genuine customer reviews mentioned on trip advisor.

Yours sincerely
Mr Bracq / Hotel manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed here for business during the Cannes Film Festival as I wanted somewhere reasonably priced but within easy commuting distance of Cannes. I booked via expedia and pre-paid the full amount (although it's worth pointing out that there may be an additional cleaning charge for an apartment if you don't leave it clean, which I didn't realise until afterwards).

The reception was extremely pleasant and professional. The apartment I was given was huge, with two terraces and a fully-fitted kitchen, although I didn't really have the benefit from it as I was mainly using the apartment as somewhere simply to sleep. It was a refreshing change to have FREE Wi-fi (which incidentally was very fast throughout the entire apartment).

There was lots of information in the apartment and food and drink was available in the restaurant and bar, although to be honest I didn't use these facilities; there are a couple of small mini-markets close by the apartment and I stocked up on basic provisions for breakfast which was very cost-effective (the breakfast at the complex looked reasonably pricey and I note that other reviewers said that it was quite expensive for what you get).

It was around a 10-minute walk to the railway station from the apartment and, apart from that, I didn't really see much of Juan les Pins. The apartment was very quiet and peaceful and I'd strongly recommend it if you want somewhere quiet, spacious and well-located. I didn't see much of the staff, but check-in and check-out was very smooth and pleasant.

I definitely intend to return!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Munster, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

A really great Hotel, which served the 3 of us (couple +6 years old child) as basecamp for our Côte d'Azur trip. We booked a (big) Family room and can really recommend it. The Hotel lies a bit apart from the centre, but just a few minutes walk of a beach. If you are travelling with a car, it's just great, with safe and not that expensive parking beneath the Hotel. We found the breakfast Price quite high and therefore didn't try it, but everything else was really great - our son says it was the most cool Hotel of the 4 during our trip through France and he is right. :-)

Room Tip: We have had a nice and spacious Family room on the 5th floor with park view, a big balcony and it wa...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Lisburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Just spent another wonderful week in one of the Apartments here. Had our meals in the restaurant 3 nights the food was fabulous and the staff where very help full and friendly. The apartment was spotless. As was every were else

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The hotel was good value for the money. We stayed for 5 nights and used it as a base to make day trips to Cannes, Nice, St. Tropez and Monte Carlo. Receptionists were helpful every time we asked questions about the area. It is close to the beach, about a 5 minute walk. We opted not to eat breakfast in the hotel; instead, there was a patisserie near by where we bought excellent croissants, pain chocolat, etc. And, the room came with a mini refrigerator where we stored orange juice, yogurt, beverages, etc. We would stay in this hotel again if we are ever in the area again.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Les Strelitzias? Share your experiences!