“Nice hotel, good value in expensive area!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Pre Catelan

You added Hotel Le Pre Catelan to your Saves list
Hotel Le Pre Catelan
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Avenue des Palmiers | Angle avenue des Lauriers, 06160 Juan-les-Pins, Antibes, France   |
Offers & Announcements
€38 off room rate
Ranked #18 of 54 Hotels in Juan-les-Pins
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Nice hotel, good value in expensive area!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a nice clean quiet small hotel on a nice quiet street of Juan les Pins near Antibes. I stayed there because it was the only decent place I could afford between Nice and Cannes!! And I'm glad I did. The place i quiet but you're a 3 minute block from a busy area with clubs restaurants and a casino. I'm an American so I had never heard of the city and I still don't know how to pronounce it, but Juan les Pins is basically "Antibes Beach" as you are on the other side of the penninsula from Antibes, which is an old old old historic city. You are very close to Cannes with it's nice beaches and hip millionaire scene. The hotel itself is about a 10 minute walk from the metro so if you don't have a car you can still hit all the riviera cities. Nice place, not inexpensive but waaaay less expensive than similar places in the area!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lancashire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I cannot fully understand how this 'hotel' can describe itself as such. I will describe, if I can, the full splendour of dirty rooms, stained sheets and accommodations that appear to only be beaten in their suitability to contain human life by a urine filled Train Station. Now I am happy to contend that I may not be the most designer savvy individual in the world however, I think I know Shabby Chic and the difference between this and just plain shabby. This hotel falls well and truly into the latter.
I stayed here with my Elderly Mother and my Infant Son and after some 12 hours on the Eurostar we were looking forward to some french 'chic' in our accommodations. We were greeted at the 'Hotel' by the reception manager who directed us to our room and then promptly got in his car and left. This left us with little recourse should the rooms be deficient, and BOY OH BOY were they deficient. We were accommodated in what appeared to be a small hut attached to the rear of the hotel. This hut was filled with a large bed that appeared to be stained with some form of human bodily fluids and our charming view of nothing was interrupted by grey net curtains that may have been washed 10 years or so ago. Within 10 mins of arriving in the room my Mother had been bitten twice by some form of incumbent infestation and at this point we decided to leave.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
trevoux, Propriétaire at Hotel Le Pre Catelan, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Madam W.

We usually pay a big attention on the remarks of our customers, they help us to improve the quality of our hotel.

However, in your case, you posted this review following an unfounded complaint sent to a retail website which refused you any refund of your stay.

For information, your room (to be exact a large studio for 3 persons with terrasse) was scrupulously verified before your arrival.This room was again verified before a long stay of other clients (an old lady and her daughter) and after your review. None of the points that you mention were noticed.

The "hut" as you call it is a secondary house of the hotel, classified new standard 3 stars and containing 2 studios and 2 rooms.

You were welcomed at 9:00 pm (without you indicated a late arrival as requested on the retail website) by our front office manager Christophe. He waited to be sure that everything was fine and closed the reception at 9:30 pm as usual. If you had the slightest real problem with your room after Christophe's departure, you had the possibility to join me by telephone by dialing the night reception number or by using the front door bell.
I am myself keeping le Pré Catelan at night for the safety of our customers and it is very easy to reach me. I immediately answer to any call and I am present to answer to any question.
You left your keys on the reception desk without indicating your departure or leaving any instructions. In front of your strange disappearance, we tried in vain to contact you by e-mail and by telephone unsuccessfully.
How should we know the reasons of your absence? Sudden departure? short visit to friends or of another city ?
We thus contacted the retail website to indicate them your disappearance and kept, without any answer from you, your room at your disposal during all the duration planned for your stay.
We even have indicated your strange disappearance to the police, worried by your disappearance

Why have not you contact me? is this really simplier, shielded from a keyboard and from an anonymous screen, to write an opinion rather than to speak to me directly on the spot?

It is a pity you did not contact me while staying at le Pré Catelan. I should have done my very best to help you and to try to give you complete satisfaction.

Didier Trévoux
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is a perfect hotel! Stayed last week with my two teenage sons. Every member of staff is kind and helpful, the room was lovely, the pool and the breakfast are fantastic. It's in an excellent location with an up market store at the bottom of the street. Really, a little slice of paradise. we will return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My new husband and I have just returned home after honeymooning at this quaint little hotel. We could not find fault with it, it is clean, has all ameneties free which we have had to pay extra for in the past ( air conditioning, fridge and safe). The rooms are traditionally decorated, with every one being individual.The breakfast buffet was extensive and freshly prepared, and could be eaten on the garden terrace which was delightful. There was a small pool which was peaceful and uncrowded, and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is at the top of a small avenue and is set in very quiet surroundings, but once you reach the end of the avenue which is a short walk of 50m you have bars, restaurants, shops and supermarkets. Within another 150m you are at the beach. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Just spent 3 days at this marvelous hotel. Found it by chance and was very delighted with Le Pre Catalen hotel. Staff were all very helpful and the hotel was more than I had expected. The room was very spacious, clean and beautifuuly decorated. The bathroom with excellent. The hotel is set just back from the main street which is just a perfect location. The swimming pool and garden area give this hotel a real relaxing and peaceful atmosphere, yet is only a few minutes away from the busy town. I looked at other hotels in Juan Les Pins when I was there and didn't find any which matched Le Pre Catalan. When I go back to Juan Les Pins this will be the hotel I will check into, an absolute gem.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Suffolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

The hotel is very handy for the centre of Juan les Pins, yet located in down a quiet side road. It has its own parking. The hotel has a nice quiet garden where you can sit and have breakfast. It is family run and has a nice feel to it. In lots of ways it is like the small family run hotels you find at English seaside resorts- but at two or three times the price! However, Juan les Pins in the middle of August isn’t cheap and having looked at some other hotels and their prices whilst walking round, I think we made a good choice for the reasons above – close to the centre but quiet and with a good relaxed atmosphere. We hope to be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Ontario Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We were generally very pleased with this hotel. The setting was perfect. The garden was very peaceful and a nice place to retreat to after a few hours in the very busy Juan Les Pins. We did not use the pool as it did seem a little cool . It seemed a bit much to charge 10 euros to use the jacuzzi!! In all my travels we have never had to pay to use one.
The room was fine. Very clean,nicely decorated but I would have preferred a more comfortable mattress as we are used to sleeping on big fluffy mattresses at home and this felt more like a camp cot. However we seem to find this kind of mattress is everywhere in France so maybe is the norm here.
The people at the desk were very welcoming and helpful when we needed to find a Dr.. They gave us great advice on taking the train to visit Monaco rather than drive .
We did not have breakfast at the hotel as it seemed very expensive for the buffet which did not seem to have a big selection for the price. We found a lovely little bakery closeby and ate our fresh croissants there for a lot less money
All in all it was great stay if you are on a budget . Great value and service. We would return and recommend it to family and friends ..

Room Tip: I would upgrade next time to the superior double room in the taller building.