“Perfect evening” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Belles Rives

Save Saved
You added Hotel Belles Rives to your Saves list
Hotel Belles Rives
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33, Boulevard Edouard Baudoin, 06160 Juan-les-Pins, Antibes, France   |
Ranked #7 of 51 hotels in Juan-les-Pins
cannes
“Perfect evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Our groupe of five persons went for dinner on a warm spring night. We had a very nice table on the terrace. The set is just perfect! An amazing view. Little candles were lit and it all felt very romantic.
Personnel very friendly, all of them, which is quite remarkable in France!
The food is very good.
All in all a very nice place to spend a lovely evening, we will be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

242 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
abersoch
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I loved the ground floor of this hotel with its amazing view out on to the terrace and on to the sea.
The staff were helpful and friendly throughout the hotel and restaurants.
I was, however, very disappointed with the bedroom and bathroom. The wallpaper was completely mismatched and the curtain torn. The bathroom layout cramped to say the least.
Belles Rives now charge a daily rate for sunbeds, a mattress for same and beach towels which rather takes the edge off the main reason for visiting.
The dinner menu was not expansive but a short stroll into Juan Les Pins easily provided variety.
Previous visits to the area had seemed reasonable value for money, now it is expensive.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Good value for money with great location. The staff were outstanding and extremely friendly . Nothing was a problem. The staff member who impressed us was Luca the head concierge. We have traveled around the world staying in 5 star hotels and Luca would have to be by far the most resourceful and could not do enough for you concierge. He is well informed not only on the French Riviera but also the Italian Riviera which he gave me the low down taking up 2 a4 pages. If you love to explore villages and eat great food as well as the best places to visit he is the man to ask. The hotel has something for everyone. Couples and families. A great evening ambience on the waters edge is offered unlike other 5 star hotels in Antibes. More livelier and fun. Prices are fair considering the location. I also want to give a mention to the lovely Caudia on the front desk who was a great help to us . We would definitely stay at Belles Rives again.

Room Tip: We got a larger room with a view. Next time a room facing the street as they are much cooler and you...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

The only hotel we have been to more than twice (personal account!) and happily go there again each summer.

The sea views from the bedrooms, the restaurants and jetty are spectacular. You just can't go wrong with the Michelin star awarded restaurant, the fantastic service, great views and if you feel sporty, your own water skiing team who are very warm and friendly, to take you out to sea from the hotel's own jetty.

This is a great place to go all summer round. We've been here at various times during the summer over several years, recently in June 2012.

There is no Pool or Gym but you won't mind... you get instead almost a private beach on the Med which is rare in this part of France and Scott Fitzgerald used this haunt to entertain his guests that his oppulent lifestyle was renowned for, and wrote "The Great Gatsby" here... what more do you want. This a hotel that has it all!

Come here for a long weekend fix and recharge your batteries.

What can I say... keep up the good work and thank's for yet another wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are the only way to go here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

We booked into this hotel for 2 nights but extended our stay to 4. The staff were brilliant, the rooms lovely however on our second nite we had moved rooms. After a day on the beach we went to our room to find the shower broken and the bath plug broken. Mr gilet came out and repaired the shower and the bath plug. It was completed at 6.55, we were meeting at seven friends so we had to leave without shower or bath. The staff had been so helpful we would have let this go even though this is not the standard of a 5star hotel. We stay in many around the world and have never had to report a fault. We arrived back to find the lock on our room broken. This is really not acceptable for a 5 star hotel. We checked out in the morning , again the reception and concierge could not have been more helpfully however the manager made no appearance. In my experience of 5 star hotels I have never had to report such faults, they are dealt with long before the guest arrives! This is a beautiful hotel with amazing staff who appear to be let down by the management.

• Stayed June 2012
French Riviera
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Not sure if this review of the Beach restaurant should be tagged to La Passagère restaurant or to the hotel. However we have been to the La Passagère once this past winter for a champagne diner and did find it excellent price-performance. We were curious to see what the Chef Baudet had on the menu and were quite pleased with the choice.
We discovered that the hotel had a beautiful terrace right on the sea and as we live 10 miles away we thought we would bring family or guests to enjoy the sight and food. Today for my wifes' birthday and our guests I had reserved a table in this 5 star hotel and expected that the beach restaurant would live up to the hotel category. After all guests are paying anywhere between $600 - $1200 a night and are the obvious potential customers. Well totally wrong!
The service is "sweet" like in sweet sixteen: the cute waitresses are in their early twenties but I am not sure they went through the normal schools to work in such an environment. Another TA member called them "amateurish" and I would second that. The food was average and not worth the trip. And here is the shocking part: my mother-in-law and I ordered cameron from the menu.
For those of you who are hesitant on what these are I would describe them as being gigantic shrimps (usually from South Africa) and tasting more like lobster than shrimp. Pricewise the menu indicated 48 € (over $60). We were served .... 5 regular shrimp each! When I called over a "sweetie" to point out the error she went to inquire and came back to say that they no longer had any and hadn't yet changed the menu. We pointed out that it couldn't be the same price but she replied that oh yes, shrimp were priced the same.
I was obviously pretty angry but didn't want to spoil my wifes' birthday lunch. I did take a picture with the intention of filing a complaint with the local government.
Not end of story. We went through lunch and got to the desert. Here came another "sweetie"
with a large tray of pastry and said that to apoligize for the trouble she was offering the pastry.
I declined as I had already exceeded reasonable calory intake and let the 3 ladies be served.
When the waitress left we looked at each other nodding and said well at least they made an effort to correct their wrong doing. No, no, no. When I got the bill I saw that I was being charged for 2 deserts. I called sweetie over knowing what I was going to hear. I am sorry sir I wasn't clear that we were offering ONE desert (to offset the $125 shrimp).
Hello, hello ? Is there any Management around ? are they not included in the $400 tab ?
Obviously we will never return to the Beach restaurant and will not recommend it. As a matter of fact I will post this and go off and file a complaint.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Are you looking for a corner of peace? Go straight to Belles Rives hotel. No doubt on that.
A wonderful sea sight and a very excellent service make of your period ad Belles Rives an unique experience.
And how could I define kindness of staff? Try it by yourself and you'll have something to remember for a long time.
The best ratio quality/price I’ve ever met in my life.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Belles Rives? Share your experiences!