“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Josse

You added Hotel Josse to your Saves list
Hotel Josse
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8, Bd James Wyllie, 6160 Juan-les-Pins, Antibes, France   |
Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Juan-les-Pins
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Absolutely fantastic hotel. Newly refurbished this hotel has thought of everything right down to a make up mirror in the bathroom - well done. Bed was very comfortable, huge room nicely decorated with superb lighting. Every member of staff is helpful and can't do enough for you. Breakfast was excellent with fresh organge, croissants and bread rolls. On the edge of Old Antibes and accross the road from the beach, central to everything. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: First floor room had balcony. Good for a late night drink and people watching
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Isle of Lewis, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

If you want attentive service when you arrive and possibly the most chic lady serving breakfast in Antibes together with large and powerful showers, comfy beds and very pleasant rooms in a hotel within easy walking distance of Antibes centre then this hotel is a good choice. By Antibes standards the hotel provides very affordable, modern (almost aseptic) comfort. I had a very quiet standard room and my travelling companions had the more luxurious balcony room. For a stay of a few nights I would recommend the latter as a good option.

Room Tip: Opt for a balcony if you can. It's worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Monpazier, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just south of the centre of Antibes, Hotel Josse has recently been completely refurbished and is now spotless if a little cold. Ocean side rooms have fabulous views over the bay to distant snow-covered Alpine mountains (in August!) and good size balconies for breakfasts and late night glass of wine. Friendly helpful staff and (for 12 euros a night) extremely secure garage parking for 2 or 3 cars. This would be perfect for owners of classic cars coming for one of the many classic rallies on the Cote d'Azur. Breakfast is ridiculously over-priced - but fortunately the fantastic Cafe L'Ilete is only 75 metres away. Rooms have small fridge for milk/wine. Minimarket 50 metres away.

Room Tip: Sea view worth the extra - good size balconies
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I dream of 5 plus hotels but my wallet thinks otherwise. Hotel Josse therefore is the more affordable option for me (for now!!) The hotel is small, completely renovated into clean white, blue and silver colours. I would be lying if I said my room was big but normally I don't spend much holiday time in my room. This year however I was in France during the heatwave so I was delighted to hide in the very well air-conditioned hotel. The beach is across the road - towels, umbrellas etc available to purchase in a shop near the hotel. I did miss the fact that you don't get beds/umbrellas as part of the hotel but that's just my preference. I didn't opt for breakfast, instead going to a little boulangerie nearby for coffee, croissants. There are lots of good restaurants nearby, and of course loads to do in Antibes which is maximum 10 mins walk away. One nice little touch - I got a sinus infection over there and got nasal sprays, decongestants in the chemist. Anyway after the staff cleaned my room they left a big box of tissues beside my bed. They must have noticed the medication or mound of tissues in the bin.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

It was a last minute decision to spend a night in Antibes and was attracted to the fact that this hotel is newly renovated and right by the beaches. My room was unfortunately on the street level so I had no balcony or view but it was alright for one night. I definitely recommend you ask for a room with a balcony. The renovations have left the hotel in very good shape, clean and fresh. The room was spacious and the bed was really comfortable. The location is excellent, facing the beach, close to the bus stop, and a nice 20 minute walk to Juan les pins where I went out at night. The receptionist was friendly and assured me the walk is totally safe for a girl on her own - and it was.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room with a balcony, avoid the street level ones if you can.
Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Firstly, we were not supposed to stay here as we were booked at another hotel in the main square in Antibes. But they were overbooked and placed us at Hotel Josse and covered the remaining costs and continental breakfast throughout our stay. I always read reviews on Trip Advisor esp before I book, but we were already on route on our travels. Once we arrived, we were blown away!

Hotel Josse is literally across the street from the beach, but not in Juan les Pins. Regardless, it's across the beach, which we badly needed after a rainy and cold summer in London and Ireland. The hotel is completely renovated with white exterior and interior decor and with splashes of blue accents. Our room was spotlessly clean, bed and pillows were comfy, sheets were also clean, and they even provided complimentary Evian water in the fridge. The continental breakfast was basic and good - croissants, pain au chocs, bread, freshly squeezed orange juice, coffee, boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, and fruits. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

We will surely be regulars at this hotel. It's close to old town, a 15 min walk to Juan les Pins, and as mentioned earlier, across the beach! You can't beat it!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I note in the title of this review I say "Antibes" to let the reader know that the location is actually in Antibes and not Juan Les Pins. And now, for the review...
I've been looking for another place to stay on the Cote D'azur that is not pretentious nor expensive, has parking available, a decent breakfast, and walking distance to many restaurants and attractions. Well, Hotel Josse meets most of those bullet points. It has just (May 2012) been completely refurbished and all the rooms are new and fresh. The A/C works wonderfully (for us Americans), free WiFi, and the fridge in my room was a bonus. Beds are comfy, and the rooms are well lit and quiet. If you're there in the summer, there are two beaches very close by - the first is right across the street, the other is a short (200 meter) walk. Parking is acceptable; you might have to park in the pay lot across the street if you can't find a free spot, but it is only 3 euro for the day.
Breakfast is fairly typical for the region - boiled eggs, yogurt, coffee, croissants/breads, fruits, and coffee. It was included in my rate, but if you want a fuller breakfast then walk in to Antibes and there are many places where you can get an full English breakfast.
Which brings me to location. The hotel is near restaurants, but downtown old Antibes is only a 10 minute walk. There are scores of restaurant, and (in my opinion) some of the best on the coast are in Antibes. Also plenty of night life, especially at the port. Markets are not far away either, should you want to stock the fridge with water, wine, or other munchies.
There's no exercise room or swimming pool in the hotel, but if you're a runner or walker, some of the best scenery in the area is right outside your door and you can walk or run around the Cap D'Antibes. If it sounds like I'm happy and impressed, it's because I am. I hope Hotel Josse keeps up the quality of the property and their excellent staff. I know I'll be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Josse? Share your experiences!