“Holiday Green, Frejus” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Frejus

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Frejus
Directions
Frejus, France
SHEFFIELD
“Holiday Green, Frejus”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

We have just returned from a 6 night stay at Holiday Green with Eurocamp. We did have a good time; but not due to the campsite or the staff. The weather was fantastic and the location of the campsite is great placed for sight seeing.
The caravan we stayed in was on a pitch with 5 other caravans and on gravel, no grass. The inside of the caravan was ok, but on the floor I kept finding dog hairs! When I mentioned it to the Eurocamp reps she said, oh yes, the previous people did have a big dog; so obviously not cleaned. The reps are lovely people, but do not have a clue.
The campsite is ok, but the large pool and small children's pool are not large enough for the number of guests staying on the campsite. The sunlongers need to be booked / paid for, on a daily / weekly basis and when the people who have booked them aren't there for a day, you can't use them, because they are booked out!? Also, when you enter the pool there is a large sign showing that footwear cannot be worn in the pool area. Everyone seemed to follow this rule and we left our shoes; unfortunately my husband had bought a new pair of leather flip flops and when we returned from the pool, they had been pinched. When we reported this to the reception, (who didn't appear to care) they told us to tell the swimming pool security, who quite frankly, didn't really care, they really couldn't be bothered with it (we should have taken them with us, I felt they were saying; eventhough there was a great big sign telling us to leave them there!) Also, my son left his sun hat on a peg and
yes, you guest it, it had vanished the next day and when we mentioned it to the staff, no one seemed to care. I think that was the worsed thing, that you've paid to go on holiday and no-one at this site really cares whether you have a good time or not; they are too busy doing their own thing......with one exception, the restaurant staff, they seemed very helpful. We would definately return to the South of France, but not to Holiday Green.

Hastings
“Rita and Peter @ Regency Holidays, Holiday Green, Frejus”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

I had the misfortune to stay in one of Regency Holidays Caravans this year and I would like to pass on my experience to anyone contemplating booking with this 'Cowboy and Cowgirl duo'

It all started when we arrived at their 'Reception Shack' attached to their caravan and had to wait for nearly 2 hours in the scorching sunshine only to be told when they did arrive that they had us booked in the following day and our caravan was unavailable but they could accomodate us for an extra 50 Euros. We had no option but to pay the money but the caravan they took us to was the one we had seen picture of and they made us stay in the same caravan for all our stay,which left us feeling a little cheated but Rita took the money from my wife.

The caravan they put us in was dirty and the cupboards and the fridge still had food in them, a sign to us that the caravan had not been cleaned. When I complained the next day they said it was because we had arrived early before they could clean the caravan and that the people who had stayed in it before us had only just left that day, which was a complete lie because people staying in the caravan opposite toldus that the caravan had been empty for 6 days.

I asked Peter about the caravan being dirty and about what the people opposite had said and he replied with they are liars and are probably friends of the tour operators around the corner who hate us, I had no idea what he was going on about and decided to just drop it and try and get on with our holiday.

We stayed for almost 9 days in total and I was glad to see the back of Regency Holidays and Rita and Peter after numerous problems with the dirty caravan and having to wait nearly 2 days for a gas bottle changed one time, again when I complained he said there are showers on the site and he was doing a taxi run, whatever that meant I had no idea and to be honest I was glad to see the back of them both.

Please have a rethink if you have booked with this double act otherwise you maybe very disappointed.

Cheshunt, Hertfordshire
“Excellent sunshine family holiday destination in South of France”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Have visited this area twice in successive years, staying on two different campsites in the area to the North of Frejus, off the raod towards Bagnols en Foret (will attempt to write separate reviews on the sites themselves if I can locate them on here!).

You will need a car to get the best out of Frejus and the St Raphael area, although there are buses, these are infrequent, and taxi's are expensive. Excellent train service from St Raphael station to Cannes, Nice, Monaco. In fact we travelled entirely by train from London to St Raphael this year, booked through RailEurope's website. Cheaper than flying, there were 6 of us, and you get to enjoy the French countryside down from Paris/Lille, and the coastal scenes as you travel along from Marseille to St Raphael. We hired a car at St Raphael station - we found Avis to be the cheapest on-line and pre-booked and pre-paid for our 7 seater Renault Scenic. Europcar are also located at the railway station.

To enjoy St Tropez, drive there along the coast road from Frejus, past St Aygulf which has some lovely restaurants directly on its beach.

Sandy beaches at Frejus Port - massive car part, reasonably priced, at the Base Nature a short walk to the beach, or drop kids (with an adult!) and deckchairs etc off at the roundabout immediately at the beach, and then park the car & stroll back!

Shingle beach to one end of St Raphael, but the main beach between St Raphael & Frejus is also sandy - excellent for children although can get crowded in high season with a couple of "private areas" along there in front of beach restaurants - okay for couples or those who can afford to pay the prices to rent sun loungers for the day but for the rest of us make do with cheap fold-up chairs from the local Supermarkets and a parasol.

Excellent shopping along the seafront, the Port at Frejus is well worth a visit - especially during the evening - there is a water park, Aqualand, nearby as well as a Lunar Park (funfair!) for the teenagers/thrill seekers which comes alive and alight every night. During the summer months the council put on a free firework display each weekend - either Friday or Saturday night, check locally, and that's worth seeing down at the seafront which starts around 10pm.

Restaurants, bars are plentiful - but all are busy from about 8pm onwards. There is also a McDonalds along the front towards the Casino end of St Raphael for those of you with kids who refuse to eat anything but what they know!!

Not the cheapest resort in the world, but very clean, guaranteed sunshine July/August, gently shelving water into the sea making it perfect for younger kids, and plenty of places to visit along the coast. St Tropez and Monaco are the places to go to see how those with real money live ... but don't feel obliged to dress up, you'll be just at home in shorts & t-shirts with flip-flops, which is far more practical than stumbling along in 6" heels - but worth watching those women (and men!) who do totter along the harbour fronts for sheer entertainment value alone!

North East England
“Really lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Visited Frejus and stayed in the Yelloh! Village Domaine du Colombier (with Thomson al Fresco) about 2miles out of the town centre. Frejus is divided into 2 distinct area - the old town and the new, with a good 30 minute walk from the old town to the port / new town. Beautifully presented old town, with cobbled streets and old Roman landmarks which are well worth a visit. The beach is great - lots along this coast are pebbles, but this is sandy and very clean. There is a good selection of activities for kids, although the zoo is a bit iffy!
Frejus straggles into Saint Rapphael, and there doesn't seem to be any real disctinction where one ends and the other starts.
Would love to return to this area.

northern ireland
“La Baume - Eurocamp”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

We travelled to La Baume campsite with Eurocamp in June 09. Please be careful when booking this campsite as i did not research it enough.

We have 3 children age 4, 2 and 1 and this site was pathetic. My 4 year old went to the kids club 1 day and was not surprised he did not want to go back. The eurocamp kids club staff were terrible, they had no personalities and what any child would like to make a silly hat out of a cardboard box is not what i would call fun.

They have a lot of pools but all the pools at the top of the campsite (where the supermarket) are not geared towards toddlers. Anyone who calls a kids pool one where you have to lift your kids in and out of (approx 1ft) is not acceptable. Just a round pool where neither my 19month old or 2 and a half could get into by themselves and the rest of the pools surrounding this silly kids pool were all deep swimming pools.

For my kids there was a much better pool at the other end of the campsite and the kids could step into it by themselves and it was a large shallow area with two small little slides. No sunloungers at any of these pools. No entertainment at night was disappointing.

Eurocamp staff were there if you ran out of gas or any problems but apart from that you do not see them. Mobile home was very clean and had everything in it that you needed. the only problem with this holiday was my kids were very bored. i imagined it being like butlins in a sunny climate. far from it i will be going back to butlins next year.

Best thing about this park was it was close to the nicest beach. St Algulf beach.. 3 euro to park and it is close by approx 10 by car.

This would probably be a great park if your kids are good swimmers and they want to spend all day in the pool. fantastic slides in these (my husband and myself could enjoy them). Another thing i had read quite a few comments about the strict pool attendants. I saw one person overlooking all the pools at one time so i would not feel safe wtih that.

Food at the cafe boring but ok, was sick of pizza by the time i came home. Restaurant very expensive. Supermarket ok reasonable but better to go to the casino supermarket a few miles down the road.

Overall i was disappointed due to my kids being bored and ourselves too, nothing to do in the campsite.

Been to Frejus? Share your experiences!