“Delightful Hotel and Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Hermitage Eze
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Large Cornice, 06360 Eze, France   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Eze
Nashville
“Delightful Hotel and Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We booked two rooms (2&3) here on a quick weekend trip through the French Riviera. It is was low season but things were still bustling as the weather was fabulous. Staff was attentive; rooms were charming in a Provencal way. Showers could be tricky but bathrooms were new. Enjoyed dinner and breakfast here (eggs included). We plan to return in April before things get too hectic on the coast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed two nights in the Hermitage in December while road tripping from Madrid to Venice. The hotel is gorgeous! It captures the true essence of the Southern French charm. It's located within the mountains of the Cote D'Azur in the town of Eze. The hotel had parking and breakfast included. The breakfast room was extremely charming with antique furniture and crystal chandeliers that reflected the beautiful winter sun on the walls. Our breakfast at this hotel is one of the most fond memories we have of our trip. The breakfast is typical French, unpretentious and simple but with high quality ingredients such as freshly baked crispy baguette, an assorted selection of cheeses and cold cuts, jams, Nutella, organic yogurts, freshly squeezed orange juice and coffee. They also offer prepared to order eggs. Our room had a huge terrace overlooking the mountains and ocean in the horizon. There was no elevator but there were only two levels so it was not a big deal. The setting is quite intimate and the staff is friendly and welcoming. The hotel is an easy drive to Cannes, Antibes, Saint Tropez, Monaco, St Paul De Vence, Nice etc.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We made a pit stop here whilst heading down the 'Grande Corniche' after a few hours journey from Grasse. We immediately noticed that this was the one place for a considerable distance that seemed to have roadside parking! It is strategically located by the road with a nice sitting area outside. We glanced inside whilst having coffee and as many have mentioned is very quaint with a beautiful interior. The restaurant appeared to be very busy but despite that service was prompt and helpful. I nice fortuitous find for us!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
liverpool merseyside england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My family and friends visited this hotel yesterday, whilst spending an hour up at the Plateau de Justice in Eze. We stumbled upon the hotel having just got off the bus here, and we were so pleased we did. What a gem of a hotel....beautiful gardens, a lovely little pool, a play area for the children which was an immediate hit! and stunning views. But best of all, after paying some extortionate prices for drinks elsewhere in Eze and Nice, was their price list for drinks. 3 euro for a lovely cappucino, and 4 euro for a lovely glass of wine. Having just come from Nice, where the average glass of wine is 6 or7 euro, to pay so much less in such stunning surroundings was a delight. We were served by friendly and professional staff, and received a free tapas of olive tapanade and breads. We did not eat here, but did notice it had a michelin award for dining, so presume the food would be very good. We will definately return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of getting married here on July 21st. We are from Edinburgh and fell in love with Eze when visiting in 2007. We returned for a number of holidays and then decided to plan our wedding there. Looking at other venues in Eze we were starting to think that it was out of our budget but we decided to visit the hermitage and after a meeting with the events planner, Frederica, we were delighted with what they could offer us. Despite only having 22 guests, they allowed us to have a large section of the garden privately and they also allowed us to hire a band, (the fantastic Brightlights band who we would highly recommend), who played till midnight. We had a humanist ceremony in the garden, a beautiful 3 course meal and then we danced the night away. The staff were fantastic, especially Maxime, Francois and Cely.
Thank you so much!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ezehermitage, Assistant de direction at Hotel Hermitage Eze, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Vikkie and John;
First of all thank you for the interest you have shown in our Hôtel.
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion on the internet.
All members of team of the Hermitage hotel were delighted to have contributed to the best day of your life.

Thank you for choosing Eze Hermitage Art Hôtel & Restaurant for your wedding and hope to welcome you next time!

With king Regards;
Maxime and all the staff :-)
here there everywhere
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

the hotel is a very pretty, old stone house with a lush garden, a small swimming pool, small but nice rooms, comfy beds and very good food. (many people come from outside to have lunch/dinner).
the staff is friendly and helpful and the place itself is a good place to stay if you want to explore the coastline.
easy to get everywhere, if you have a car (and avoid the rush hours), but if you must rely on buses, then you really need to have time and patience to wait for them, since most only go once an hour.
two things that could be improved upon are:
a coat of paint on the walls (really brings down the quality of the place and it would be such a simple thing to fix).
but most importantly, either change or train the italian manageress to be more customer friendly. she was not very helpful at all, with simple things that would be no effort for her to be helpful with, and she had a spoilt brat of a little girl who seemed to be allowed to do anything. including hitting the guests and screaming at the pool area. was not impressed with that at all.
otherwise really liked it and would return if in the area again.
(i put average on service beacause of the italian woman, otherwise everyone else was great.
and i loved the location, but you really do need a car to be able to fully enjoy the riviera.)

NB! this was my review, to which the manager wrote the following:
"Dear Miss,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on tripadvisor, and having spent a pleasant stay in our Hotel.
I wish you personally answer because The only negative thing was me ... I remark during your stay the antipathy for my person (or maybe my nationality?) when I greeted you and you ignore my hello.
Now you are writing comments wishing injure me directly, but indirectly dear Miss you made me a lot of compliments for all that you have enjoyed and loved in our house is the result of everyday work for years, I thank you and I 'hope welcome you with us again.
Best Regards"

I am stunned at the audacity of her reply! not only does she obviously have no idea who i am (we had a fairly lengthy conversation upon our arrival, so her saying i didn't say hello is obviously not true!) but then to turn the whole thing around and say that i am racist, is just too much! i guess apologizing for wrongdoing is just not her cup of tea. again, just like she did not apologize when her child hit my friend. not that it hurt of course, but it was done in an extremly rude manner! in my opinion, this is not how you treat your guests.
she is right, i do have an antipathy towards people who are unfriendly with guests, and then try to lie to make others look bad!
i am keeping my review of the hotel as it was, because i did like it. however, i will not return to stay there next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
ezehermitage, Directeur général at Hotel Hermitage Eze, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Mademoiselle,

I reminder well of you in the room on the second floor, with this profession we learn to acknowledge the various guests…

I read your comment and I'll answer the last time because your obstinacy, your insistence to my person exceed a simple comment about a Hotel wrote on Tripadvisor.

From twenty years I'm lucky to do this beautiful work, I get about a thousand customers a month, I'll let you do the total calculation to get an idea ... I understand that I can neither sympathize or delight everyone and I regret but, fortunately the majority of guests are very happy , as evidenced by the various comments.

I regret that my person has caused you so much trouble, I hope you recover.

Kindly Regards
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel is a very nice 3 Star hotel. Service is very good. Good location to explore French and Italian Rivera. Nice size and very clean room for 3 (For France).
A car is a must. Bus stop right next to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Hermitage Eze? Share your experiences!