“Amazing View - Good location” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Les Terrasses d'Eze
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1138 Route de La Turbie, 06360 Eze, France   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Eze
Chicago, illinois
“Amazing View - Good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The Hotel is very well located and the view (from any room) is really beautiful. The location is really good as well - it is good to be a little away from Eze-village itself. The room was comfortable. The amenities and room equipments, on the other hand, do not justify the hotel 4 stars. The restaurant of the hotel is also medium - the personnel was very helpful. The price can be justified by the view, but not by the comfort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my wife. Room was large and had balcony overlooking the MED. The views were wonderful. Facilities at hotel were fine - infinity pool, fitness area, free wifi.
Breakfast was served on terrace and was usual hotel buffet. Would recommend for the view alone otherwise nothing stands out.

Monaco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Do not book here! The view is the only good bit. The rooms are old and tired. I booked a superior room for myself and my girlfriend. It was a good job i wasnt trying to impress her. The price was 189 euros with no breakfast. There was a separate toilet (no ventilation) with a door that didnt close. The bathroom got flooded every time you had a shower.

The staff were rude and couldnt care less. The telephone in the room was smashed and the TV didnt work. The balconies were communal so people could wander and peer into your rooms.

We foolishly chose the eat in the restaurant! We were showm to a dirty table full of food crumbs. The menu was limited and not good value. They ran out of draught beer and you could not get a drink even as a resident after 12 midnight. There was a wedding on and all the staff were engaged there. You were not allowed acces to the terrace or pool area which the girl on reception omitted to mention at the time of booking. There was no room service at all.

We requested a taxi on Sunday morning as it took 45 mins, and the staff just shrugged. There was no management on the premises all weekend.

However, the worst bit were rats running around the premises. This needs condeming!

Room Tip: avoid at all costs
Ploiesti, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

That was a beauty in the eighties, but now, they just have the view.
It's far too expensive for what they offer (a perfect panorama indeed…)

This establishment was shining in the '70s-'80s, probably, but now, "four stars" are too many... Needs a lot of investment otherwise accommodation prices are unreasonably and unjustifiably high. They definitely have to do much better with red-green lights from parking access; you wait way too much on red light and nothing is happening (no incoming cars for more than 15 min.!). Swimming pool - dirty in all bottom corners. On the terrace - lots of loose tiles. Mould fungus around the air-condition grating. Curtain - torn apart. Didn't check bar & restaurant as I noticed their prices: 20 euros each for breakfast; 6 euros for a coffee! As I said: the hotel is falling apart and needs lots of repairs/updates (strange TV with no flat screen!). So in this 80’s environment (not as a theme but as negligence or they are just skinflints) food prices are bizarre.

Room Tip: Check your room (literally!) before accepting.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

So where do you start..
Its not really in EZE its a 30 min walk on a tight road without side walks, and lots of buses that would love to run you over.
The hotel is very tired, the carpet is from the 60, not many of the lights work, the elevators are a horror show that are best to be avoided at all costs.
More? The A/C did not work, the hot water was cold, the internet is a joke, and the real best is the 20E breakfast! The breakfast is a selection of burnt pastries leftovers from a good hotel, meat that is swarming with WASPS!!! and coffee that is not drinkable.
OK the view is great, but that's all that the hotel has going for it.
This hotel needs to go out of business and be redone by a new company.
If you are cheap you will stay here and regret it.
If you are not cheap you would have to be mentally impaired to stay here.

Room Tip: dont bother staying here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Whilst the carpets and room furnishings could do with an upgrade, this modern hotel sits perched on a cliff 5 minutes drive to the stunning Eze Village. Rooms are clean, very comfortable large beds, good bathroom and a nice pool area with infinity pool and wonderful views of the Mediterranean below. At half price it was excellent value for money when compared with other hotels on the Riviera.

Room Tip: Higher floors have best views.
Dunshaughlin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Myself and my husband stayed here for 4 nights. We arrived on the 21st of August to celebrate my husband’s 30th birthday. We booked a superior room, which cost us 161.50euro per night without breakfast. The hotel was easy to find, but getting into the car park was a completely different story. There was a very annoying light system and a one way traffic system in place to get in and out of the car park- most of the time this didn't even work.
We had to go back into reception each time and ask the receptionist to change the light manually.
Funnily enough, our first impression of the place was really positive. The hotel lobby looked really spacious and modern. The receptionist on check in was lovely, but that was about it. Our room was situated on level 1.To get there we had to use a lift that looked like it had never even been serviced. The hallways were so dark, as if they were trying to hide something and the damp smell in the hallway was awful! We stayed in room number 112, and if this was their version of a superior room, I would hate to see the standard rooms. Although the room was clean, you could still see old stains on the couch and on the carpet. See attached photos.
The toilet and bidet were in a really small area and the walls and pipes were clearly ancient.I have to mansion that from our balcony we had an amazing view and I really loved it. The swimming pool area was nice, but again there were signs of uncleanliness as there were bunches of hair all around the pool. It obviously was not cleaned on a regular basis either. Also there was not enough pool towels for the amount of guests. Sometimes they let you wait an hour, so it's better to bring your own one. We had wonderful service from one waitress at the pool- it looked like she was the only one that did care about guests and knew how to do cocktails and drinks. I'm really sorry, but I don't remember her name. When she wasn't there, service turned into a disaster. You should see how one of the trainee barman made my Mojito!! He Squashed the ice in a dirty cloth and then picked it up with his hands and put it into the glass! This is not something you want to see in a 4 star hotel!!!
The tennis courts were in complete ruins, looked like they had been closed for years!
On our second day we wanted to go to the swimming pool so we put all our valuable stuff into the safe (wallets, passports, and a camera with 2 different lenses). Normally people would think this is the safest place in the hotel. Unfortunately though when we tried to open the safe again it didn't work. We called reception to inform them about it. Fair enough, they sent somebody straight away to solve the problem. She couldn't do it so we had to wait for her manager to start her shift to see if she could do anything about it. We waited until around 11 for her to come only to discover she couldn't open the safe either. We were very upset because we wanted to drive the French Riviera and take some pictures on the day in question. Finally a decision was made and they called a guy who opened the safe with some kind of electric saw. The sparks from the drill stuck to both of the camera lenses and ruined them completely! The hole he cut turned out to be too small, and when he tried to take the camera out he accidentally broke the LCD screen too!! The sharp edges from the safe ruined the camera completely then too. My wallet and passport had a few burn signs too. The camera and the two lenses were worth about 900euro and now they were ruined. See pictures also. They took the camera from us and gave it to some 'expert' to check the damage. I think her name was Sarah- the manager who was dealing with us, she said she would get back to us as soon as she finds out what he says. Guess what- the next day she was off, and there were no managers on duty in the whole hotel!! I had to deal with the reception staff, with some guy who informed me that the expert said only the two lenses were damaged by the hotel and that the LCD screen was broken before we had even put it in the safe.. which was not true!! I thought I was going to cry! They break the camera and now they are telling us that we are liars?! You can’t imagine how upset we were when they told us that they were only going to refund us 300euro for the lenses! Our stay in this hotel turned out to be a nightmare. Instead of driving around the area and having some fun, we had to stay and fight with them to get some money back. When I asked one of the receptionists to see the general manager, she said 'big boss' is not here now and wasn't sure when he would be in! I felt like nobody cared about what had happened to us, and they acted as if they were just waiting for us to leave! I think I went to reception at least 5 times that day hoping that a manager would turn up to work and help me. I have to say the girls on reception were lovely, but beware of a guy called Cyril- he was the most ignorant man I have ever met. Every time I asked him something he would flutter his eyes at me and make me feel like I did something wrong! Eventually he connected me with Avram, not sure what his job title was, but he was the only person who actually listened to what I had to say. I told him that if the situation was not sorted by the evening that I was going to get the police involved. Thankfully, I didn't have to because he came back a few hours later saying that they were going to refund me the money for the whole stay. We decided to take it... we had enough fighting for the 3 days and to be honest didn't see the point any more.
Now... I have 650euro to spend on a new camera, even though I doubt I will get a Sony camera and two lenses for that sort of money. The other problem was, that we were still only in the middle of our holiday, except minus a camera and minus good humours too!!!! For the rest of the holiday we had to take pictures on our iPhones.
The incident had left me and my husband deeply hurt and upset and left an unnecessary strain to what was meant to be the perfect holiday. The holiday was a trip home to meet family we haven’t seen in years as we live in Ireland and the expense and effort we put into this holiday had lead with no memories to share and relive. Due to carelessness and an unprofessionally run hotel I am sure your empathies can only go so far but you will never even begin to fully understand the distress and regret you have called.

I am a senior receptionist at a hotel in Ireland so I completely understand the quality of excellent customer care and also understand the implications a negative review has on a company. I also understand how in this decade Trip advisor has been an important tool for all holiday makers as they base their impressions on word of mouth, as well as the promises of a hotel. Therefore unless a resolution can be made I seek not other option but to express my opinions as well as complete disrespect and carelessness for their guests property.
People value the safety of storing personal and valuable belongings in a safe on holidays but you’re incompetent actions to open the safe is completely unacceptable.

Room Tip: Better choose different hotel to avoid the disappointment
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Les Terrasses d'Eze? Share your experiences!