“A slice of Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“A slice of Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Overlooking the mountain village of Eze, Auberge de la Croix du Pape exists quietly as if placed there by some divine act. Really? so idyllic? Ok, listen up. I will start by saying the staff of this restaurant seemed as if they not only liked their jobs, but truly make it their passion by making you feel warm and welcomed from the reservation, to the arrival and throughout the meal service and after dinner drink. Keep in mind the food we tried both times we visited was amazing. Presentation, portion and ingredients made this a meal which will never be forgotten. As if this wasn't to warrant such praise, couple that with an atmosphere that seems to place you inside a painting of your favorite moment overlooking the picturesque village of Eze and the Mediterranean coast. As the sun was setting, the warm pastel colors across the sea seemed to give way to the lavenders and greens of the mountainside and surrounding flora which the restaurant overlooks. I can imagine that in a time past, this location would be worthy of where someone may go to let their mind relax, unwind, clear and leave feeling like they had lived within a dream. We left full, happy and serene...and with money left in our pockets. Excellent value!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Singapore, Singapore
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

very nice restaurant with a very nice and friendly staff (even the cat is adorable !!!) the food was really good and excellent value for money. Even at night the view is spectacular. Definitely worth a visit if you want to have to mix good time amd good food.

Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic scenery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

What a location. High above the Cote d'Azur and even overlooking the hilltop village of Eze with the deep blue Med beyond it. And really the food was a match. Spectacular and great value too.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nice, France
“I got a very good deal from Groupon and really enjoyed the food here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

In summer, I bought a coupon of a meal for 2 people at a half discounted price. But we couldn't make it during the stay of my friend. So I spent the coupon twice on my own. I was still welcome there and served as any other customer. That's why I give excellent point for their service.
As a picture means thousands words, I share to you all courses I've tried at this restaurant. In addition to the service, I am very satisfied with the food too. As you can see the food is very well presented. It's really a joy for my eyes. The thing I like the most about the food here is that they prepare your meal with fresh and seasonal vegetables. I could feel the freshness in my mouth. So tasty!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“FRIENDLY welcome, spectacular view and delicious food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had a lovely three course lunch of terrine de canard, cuisse de lapin and vacherin whilst my partner ate parsnip soup and duck. The dishes were imaginatively prepared and complemented by sauces and condiments. A warm appetizer and home-made bread rolls set the scene. The price was very reasonable and the atmosphere was relaxed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere