“Great experience of an Irish Pub outside Ireland” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ma Nolan's, Cannes

Ma Nolan's, Cannes
6 rue Buttura, Cannes, France (Formerly Ma Nolan's Irish Pub, Cannes)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #148 of 656 Restaurants in Cannes
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Fish & Chips
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Galway, Ireland
“Great experience of an Irish Pub outside Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Ma Nolan's encapsulates everything that is good about the modern Irish pub and which one rarely finds in ' Irish pubs' outside of Ireland. The decor is modern and understated, yet warm and comfortable. The service is efficient and friendly with obvious commitment from all staff members. The hands-on leadership style and friendliness of the manager Dave Fitzpatrick ensure a positive and professional atmosphere. The food is excellent in both quality and value and there is enough variety to cater for most tastes. Good quality wifi adds to the experience of customer care.We holiday frequently in Cannes and we look forward to many future visits to an oasis of friendliness , service and good humour.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Beautiful Irish Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I spent 5 of my 6 day Holliday here with my friend, we were delighted to stumble upon this most beautiful bar with modern decor & outdoor seating. Ma Nolans really is in a class of its own when it comes to the bar scene in Cannes, I visited most of them and trust me none come even close!! The attention to detail in this bar is outstanding, the service too is fantastic. We got to spend time with the Bar Manager David on 2 occasions and on one occasion he joined us for a drink. The staff here are mostly genuine, hardworking as it is very busy but if they have time they will have no hesitation to recommend other places to dine, shop, visit etc
We truely enjoyed our visit to this place & to their sister bars in Vieux nice & the Port but this was my favourite, the menu was simple yet tasty & the prices on alcohol was priced accordingly, not to expensive I might add? After all you are in Cannes!! Watch out for the happy hours daily & grab yourself a deal!!
Keep up the great work ethic & best wishes to Thady ( Owner) on his next Ma Nolan venture!!

Colima, Mexico
“perfect!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I took some business associates for a few cocktails .
Truly a warm atmosphere which quickly brushed away the cold Cannes vibes we felt.
the booths are quaint and comfy, perfect to watch a match i would imagine.
As a business professional i was impressed with the gentleman Shane, the bar man who made sure all of my business associates and clients were at ease and attended to.
If he was back in New York, a head hunter would have snatched him up in minutes.
Just as if stepping into a local pub in ireland. Overflowing with Irish hospitality
I would be eager to return and give their lunch or dinner menu a try.
long story short .. my associates and i closed the deal, and everyone went home happy.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bern, Switzerland
“An Irish spot in Cannes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

A great little pub in the heart of Cannes. Ma Nolan's offers great food and pub atmosphere at reasonable prices - as reasonable anything can be in Cannes. The staff is nice, though they seemed a bit stressed during lunch rush. Fortunately I was not in a hurry, and both both drinks and food arrived quick enough.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Durham, North Carolina
“Expectant but disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I have visited Ma Nolans in Nice several times and had a great time both during the day and at night so I was really looking forward to going to the newest of the chain in Cannes. It took us quite a while to find it. Locals didn't seem to know where it is. Once there we ordered drinks from a very friendly young irish girl who was very attentive. Drinks are quite pricey unless it's happy hour (5 til 8) which makes them affordable. Went back on quiz night and again had good service from the young irish girl however we struggled to hear any of the questions and felt a bit out of place as the clientele was mainly young people. The really disappointing thing was the attitude of the bar manager toward the staff. They were clearly understaffed. It took about 20 minutes to get served even when standing at the bar. The manager was not bothered about reprehending the staff in full hearing of the customers. He appeared to be quite aggresive and intimidating toward them. I wouldn't work for him. Very sad as I was so looking forward to our visit only to be let down. A couple of the staff were really nice and I would love them to transfer to Ma Nolans in Nice for when I return next summer.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rua67, Owner at Ma Nolan's, Cannes, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Hi Angela,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review of our pub in Cannes.

I am confused about your comments about our drinks being quite pricey! Our drinks are the same price across all 3 pubs and those prices are very competitive in Nice and are even more competitive in Cannes. We have the lowest prices for a pub of our genre in Cannes.

Our clientele is anyone from 18 to 80 and we love them all.

We are aware that some people struggle to hear the hosts during the quiz, due to excitable clients or the strong Irish accents of our quiz masters and for this reason all the questions for our quiz are displayed on the screens around the pub in English and French.

I would like to apologise for the slow service. On the night in question we were busier than expected.

I'm surprised about your comments on the manager that night as our team in Cannes (management and staff) have a great rapport and the ambience in the team is excellent.

Regards,