“I wish this was in San Francisco” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #90 of 654 Restaurants in Cannes
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse, Bistro, Wine Bar
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: New Restaurant and Wines Bar near Of Croisette in Cannes !!!LE RESTAURANT GRILL & WINES SERA FERME DU DIMANCHE 23 AU MERCREDI 26 INCLUS MERCI DE VOTRE COMPREHENSION. ET NOUS SERONS OUVERT LE DIMANCHE 30 DECEMBRE AINSI QUE LE DIMANCHE 6 JANVIER.
San Francisco, California
“I wish this was in San Francisco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Friendly and genuine people - they were incredibly helpful with assisting non-French speakers and so kind overall - everyone had a genuine smile. The BEST foe gras ever. Good wine, the beef tartar was really really really good, and the tagliatelle with scallops was good. Too full for dessert, but I would be a repeat customer possible.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

finland
“Very nice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very good restaurant, they have very wide todays special menu so practically you choose your food from there. We came from the countryside of France to here and It was very nice to speak english with the waitress.

Visited January 2013
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
“Good food consistently”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was on work trip in Cannes, one night on my own, one night with one set of colleague, one night with another. Yes I went there three nights in a row! Not many restaurants I would do that, but the food was good, and all my colleagues were in agreement that it's a great place to eat. I found it with the help of trip advisor, so thought I'd return the favour and write a review.

Food is good, wine is excellent too. Steaks were served the way I like them saignant, (blue), try getting a bad piece of meat to taste good when it's cook like that and it doesn't happen.

The service is relaxed, "slow" would be rude, but you can find yourself waiting in between courses or for drinks, but it's relaxed, dining should be relaxing, having said that it wasn't the best service, the older of the owners was good, but some of the things we ordered - a side of potatoes - took so long to arrive, that we were almost finished when they did. A forgotten order perhaps ? We weren't charged for them, but still.

On the last night we got chatting to a local from Cannes who asked us how we found the place? He had lived in Cannes most of his life and only found it recently, it was now his favourite restaurant, how could we be so lucky to find such a good restaurant when we were only here for a few days. big up for TripAdvisor

It's not cheap, but that again it's Cannes. The food was consistently excellent, the service less so

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“A relaxed French brasserie”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I've just had dinner at this modern brasserie a few minutes' walk from the Palais des Festivals and also read some of the reviews. I would described the service and cooking as typically French in style, and clearly not to everyone's taste. The steaks are blue and the service familiar and relaxed. The prices are on the high side, but portions are large.

As for the interior decor, the giant projection screen in one room of the restaurant is not my cup of tea at all, in contrast to the other room is refined and intimate. You can also eat outside but don't expect a stunning view of the croisette.

There's an argument that once you've been to one brasserie you've been to them all. And judging by some of these reviews some will never go to one again. As I hadn't been to one in ages I was quite content with this one and would recommend you give it a go.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Skien, Norway
“Probably one of my worst restaurant experiences ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We booked the resturant based on the Tripadvisor ratings, but not ever have I been more dissapointed.

The place was nice if you look away (which is hard) from the pig procejtion screen on the wall (just disturbing).
After we got seated it took about 15 minutes before we hade to ask for some water. Another 5 minutes went before we had to ask again for something to drink (apetizer)
The place had obviously too few at work this evening as everything was realy slow, and we had to ask for everything ourselves other than they came to us.

After a while we could finally order. I had the pumpkin soup which was ok, one of my friends had a tuna tartar which was good, and the last one had the mussels. Some of them was good, other clearly cooked to long and was like shewing rubber. The salad that followed had way too much oil as it almost was dripping from the blades.

For main we had the beef on the bone for two, ordered medium rare. I was quite shocked when the waiter (who didn't smile ONCE during the meal) cut the steak in front of us and it was completely raw. They had clearly used to much heat as the meat looked nearly over grilled on the surface and cold on the inside. No slow cooking here obviously. When I touched the meat it was colder than my fingertip. The meat went back, and after we got it the second time it was cooked alright, but it was not tender enough to eat everytihing and some of the meat we had to spit out as it was impossible to chew proparly. For 80 euros you expect so much more!

For dessert we had ice which was ok, but couldnt make up for the terrible main course.

All in all the atmosphere were good, the waiters were to few (is a smile to much to ask for?), and the food was way below average.

Will surely not recommend any others to go here as it is plenty of better places to eat in Cannes.

• Visited April 2013