“Unprofessional” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 608 restaurants in Cannes
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse, Bistro, Wine Bar
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: New Restaurant and Wines Bar near Of Croisette in Cannes !!!LE RESTAURANT GRILL & WINES SERA FERME DU DIMANCHE 23 AU MERCREDI 26 INCLUS MERCI DE VOTRE COMPREHENSION. ET NOUS SERONS OUVERT LE DIMANCHE 30 DECEMBRE AINSI QUE LE DIMANCHE 6 JANVIER.
“Unprofessional”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We booked for a sunday lunch online for February, and after going thru the procedure, entering the code etc.. it was confirmed. When we arrived at the restaurant, we were surprised to find a note on the door, it was closed for 4 days.

Its bad enough to not be professional enough to update their booking system, but I sent them a followup email, no response. Would have thought an apology was in order.

Beware

84% Recommend
France
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We wanted a nice restaurant to meet friends who were visiting from the UK and had heard good things of this restaurant. From the moment of phoning to book the staff were charming and efficient. Very friendly on our arrival and the decor is very comfortable - quite modern. We went for the "menu du jour" which is good value (16 euro for 2 courses or 19 euro for 3). As someone said the speciality, as you would expect from the name, is meat and 3 of us had the steak which I'm told was terrific, however I had the fish which was absolutely delicious. We were guests so I didn't see the price of the wines but I understand that the list is extensive with a good selection of local wines. The clientele, apart from us, was all local French, which is usually a good sign! The service was great and friendly and we would certainly return ourselves and recomend it to both visitors and locals.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Simply the best meal I've ever had!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

From being seated to being welcomed back in the future, what an amazing experience. The Duck Salad for Starters and Veal for Main Course were second to none ... The staff were very warm and welcoming and accommodated our lack of speaking French fluently. I shall most certainly recommend this restaurant to all family and friends!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“WOW !!!!! The Best of Cannes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

After reading all the reviews on here, I could not believe that I would want to rate this place 6 stars. The Food, The Service. The Atmosphere. The Staff. Wow........ I wish I could have stayed there forever. I almost didn't want to leave. Everyone who comes to Cannes, France has to make this a must see and must experience French spot.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cannes
“What's the hype ?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went to this restaurant that is rated no. 1 in Cannes because of all the reviews. We have lived here for 6 yrs and we are always willing to try something new. The service is good, the restaurant is cosy but we were not impressed with the food. I guess the speciality is if you have meat due to the name. Average dish for a meat dish is like 40 Euros and up....We had Crab meat salad and squid salad to start. Main course was scallops and a sort of bouillabaise (fish assorted soup). It was ok....The portions was generous, the service was with a genuine smile. Plus a bottle a wine our bill was 150 Euros. We thought it was expensive...especially that we didn't have dessert. We lived in Brazil, Switzerland, Miami, New York and San Francisco so I guess our expectations for food is higher.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere