“honest review – hits and misses” 3 of 5 stars

You added Cannes Beach Residence to your Saves list
Cannes Beach Residence
11 Ave Pierre Semard, 06150 Cannes, France   |
Ranked #104 of 136 Hotels in Cannes
“honest review – hits and misses”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

the hotel was paid for by a business trip so number one thing is i cant complain much as i didn't spend a dime.

I was there for 1 week. A few decent things: they have fresh towels everyday; the breakfast place was not amazing but its a buffet for 10 Euros. if you stuff your face you can eat beyond the price tag. I tried different cafes around town and easily about or over that amount for something nicer. There are a few markets, corner stores and pastry place near by so you can also prepare your own breakfast in the hotel room. There are buses #1, #2, and #20 a block away that takes you to cannes (hotel de ville stop) that takes about 15 mins. The nicer beach area is actually closer to this part of town instead of the main cannes area. According to locals from Cannes, they recommend beaches near kiosk #16-18. Take notes!

however, if i were to pay the rates in full – i think you could look around for something with better service (holiday purpose). the bathroom smells like urine as there is carpet all over. the glass barely separate the tub and the bathroom (maybe that's french style, not sure). but water spills everywhere! the shower head doesn't hang properly so you have to manually hold it or let it hang real low. There are a lot of flies in the corridor. There isn't a hair dryer in the room or reception (although it is stated clearly on a poster in the elevator) so if you need to dry your hair – bring your own. The receptions are not particularly nice but they are not rude. They are just very matter of facts. Apparently you have to take your trash out at the end of your stay, which you have to check out by 10am.

afterall, i guess this place is considered a budget residence. it is a room with very basic service and basic amenities.

if you stay out till too late in cannes, the cab back to hotel costs $18 from the main bus stops.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Horrible corridors, terrible state of the hotel e.g. The swimming pool, bad lightning, strange people at the resort, awful smell in the way too small bedroom, dirty bathroom, no warm water, toilet did not flush properly, the lamp in the bathroom came almost down, every morning at 5:30 the garbage was picked up just below my appartment.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

It is a long time that I spent my holidays in this residence, but this year I can say that I am not satisfied. The problem is simple ..... like a question "Is this residence a NO SMOKING Residence or not"? If you read all the panels in it (NO SMOKING)..... yes! This year it was the first time for me and my family that we had smokers as neighbours ..... we have asthma ...... and the residence could not solve our problem because everyone smokes on the terrace, so if you are asthmatic you have to stay with the window close all day long and smell the smoke of them ...... is this an holiday?

I wrote about my experience to the Pierre et Vacances and I would like that they will take it into consideration for the future ...... this is my message to them " I would like more attention for people with asthma because if a Residence is declared a NO SMOKING Residence, I would not expect to find my neighbours smoking all day long on the terrace. They damaged my holidays and gave me a lot of pain too (asthma attack during the night)! " Thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Peterborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was utterly dreading going to the hotel, i was the lead on the booking and had decided on the hotel. Reading these reviews i went into panic thinking the group of 9 would blame me for a holiday from hell. What i learnt was people on trip advisor need to get a grip and assess their expectations. anyone going, do not panic, if you've stayed in a bronze caravan at any holiday park in UK then i would say its comparable. Having stayed in many of these i was more than happy. Its situated in a very vibrate and cultural area, not just french, an essensce of spanish, mexican, even abrabic. If you need to do the holiday on a budget then there are many supermarkets and fruit/veg shops and a daily market, bakeries, plus gift shops and bars and resturants, take aways. The beach is lovely, seemed very safe, stunning views of cannes bay. THE tunnel everyone goes on about to get to the beach, No worse than walking under a UK pier or through a british underpass. The buses to the area are regular number 1, 2 and 20, 1 euro a trip. Could have done with more info on better options for travel, i believe there was a week ticket but couldnt find this info. My advise would be to google street view map the area so you can get famililar with the area and find the hotel easier. Train station is 0.5 of a mile away, this has variuos services running through. If you are looking for a perfect, sparkling, brand new apartmenet (gold caravan at Haven type) then pay more and get that, if you want a good holiday, near the beach, ok facilites then there is nothing wrong with this as a base for your holiday, do not let these reviews panic you. Reception VERY helpful and perfect english. Dish washer in the room, you do not get that in a caravan! Always hot water , anytime of day. Lifts could be slow, not a holiday ruiner really is it. Hotel resturant could be slow, but i was in no rush, these are the worse things i could report. I got back one day ago, I am not connected to the hotel, this was the first time my 2 daughters had been abroad and they thought it was awsome!

Room Tip: ask for a room that over looks the pool, might be nosiey if you have doors open all night from peopl...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were ok with our room but it seems it was not the case with everybody. For a short stay in Cannes it was ok. It is properly situated, the staff is ok, the restaurant is ok too.We were ok with our room but it seems it was not the case with everybody. For a short stay in Cannes it was ok. It is properly situated, the staff is ok, the restaurant is ok too.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Dirty, disgusting, broken furniture, toilet a disgrace.... Our booking was completely messed up, we ended up sharing rooms for one night with people we didn´t know and reception didn´t help to sort out the problem. And what is worse....they charged our credit cards for extra rooms when we asked for another appartment! Avoid this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I'm only writing this - belatedly - because things have obviously not improved since our stay there 2 years ago. Some of the positive comments on this site (from first-time posters!) seem downright suspicious to me.

We stayed here 2 years ago and frankly it was disgusting - dirty public areas, broken furniture, overcrowded pool area - the worst Pierre and Vacance I've ever stayed in and we've stayed in 10 different sites over 10 years as a family. I took photographs and sent them to P&V management, but from the current comments they've done nothing to improve it - this property should not be in their brochure, it destroys the reputation of the company.

We only stayed one night (my wife and kids were too upset to stay longer) and were fortunate to get moved to Isola 2000 for the remainder of our holiday (many people were complaining at the reception about the quality of the hotel! but clearly didn't know as we did, that you can ask to move elsewhere to another P&V resort). Isola was lovely - a gorgeous typical P&V apartment with great views in a lovely resort 70km north of Nice in the Alpes - lots of sun and none of the unpleasantness of Cannes Beach Residence. I wrote to P&V after my holiday - with photos - and received a refund of the difference between the Cannes and Isola holiday prices. this resored my faith a bit in the company but they really need to do something serious about this site.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Cannes Beach Residence? Share your experiences!