“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 136 Hotels in Cannes
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Leave your car at home because the traffic is terrible and take the train. An easy walk from the station. They do have underground parking for a fee and make sure you have a small car. The location of the hotel is excellent. You can walk to everything or take the bus. Right behind the Carlton. Check in was easy, staff was sufficient. Although we were only two, we took a larger apartment with separate bedroom. (Don't like sleeping on a pull out couch) It was very comfortable and gave us the space we needed. Kitchen was fine and Internet access was only 10 euro for the week. Balcony was great. The pool was small but worked for everyone and was nice and clean. You have to clean the apartment when you leave or you can pay the 55 - 70 euro to have them clean it. We cleaned it better then we received it and it passed their inspection. Check out was easy but make sure you add some time to it because they have to inspect the room prior to checking out. The young man named Hicham checked us out and was very friendly and helpful with directions. I would stay again but I would take the train next time.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor with view of garden and pool. No noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bournemouth UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

After we booked we were very worried due to some very negative and stupid comments. Unless you are expecting something very special for your money the place is well worth a visit. I think like everyone else, we loved the location. The hotel/apartments are very modern even though they are small. The staff were absolutely fantastic and we really appreciated their help. The pool area and spa area were great and we would definitely return.
Small things we didn't like were the beds and the shower facility. However they would not prevent us going again.

Room Tip: If you prefer privacy, book the 'City Side'
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed at Resideal for 4 nights in August 2012. I waited 2 weeks before writing this review as I wanted to be balanced & as fair as possible. Unfortunately once I relive my experience the horrible memories come flooding back. So best to get this over with and put the experience behind me. Firstly this is an apartment block posing as a 4**** something else. The studio apt sleeps 2. The sofa is a single bed with a pull out single underneath. this masquerades as a double bed. When something is two things, then its never perfect, its time for compromise. As a sofa it is crap.To use it as a sofa you have to put everything away. This is a real drag on a short break. Also No accommodation services so you must do everything yourself. keep the place clean and tidy. The vacuum and sweeping brush,if you want them, are in a press at the end of a long corridor. This is far from a premium residence. Its apartment living at premium prices..A rip off joint !!!When I handed over my cr card to guarantee 200€ in case of damages, I was told to clean my room on departure and bring all the dirty linen and towels to a basket in reception. I was told in no uncertain terms if it was not clean I would be charged 55€. The manner I was spoken to irked me no end. The room was small, acceptable for the amount of time we were going to be in it. On the 1st night, thursday, a dreadful smell of sewage came from the bathroom, I complained, I wanted it fixed, of course by Friday 5pm nothing was done. I demanded to be moved or else I was leaving. (I was hoping they had no empty rooms) but alas they found one,. On checking out the MADAM advised me that she would be inspecting my room before I got my deposit back, she also produced a large grey cloth for me to wash the floor, I kindly declined her generous offer, she was genuinely disappointed.By God she did inspect. I did glance down to look at her feet, (when she wasn't looking) had she cloven feet or was she wearing jackboots, I am too old to remain good humoured to be treated like this.This place is run like a prison. My rating one star Three stars if it had a professional operator it has potential.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

It took me a long time to decided on a property in Cannes for the summer holiday. After reading the reviews on the Resideal i was a bit confused as they are so mixed. So i hope this review can help all of you decide on a good property for a great price.

Area
The hotel is located just behind the Carlton in a gated secure garden from the property. It's 10 mins walk from the train station and located within walking distance to all the places you want to go in Cannes.

Stay
This property has serviced apartments, it's not a hotel but a "residence", however it does have some great hotel like facilities like an outdoor pool, sauna and hot tubs.

The apartments are well designed, have balconies and are very modern and clean. The room has a kitchen with 2 hot plates, microwave, dishwasher, fridge etc etc. Upon check in they like to take a swipe of your card for 200 euro (autorisation) in case you break anything during your stay. You have a choice of loads of different supermarkets in town or of course go shopping on the markets in town so you can cook some great dinners in the apartments. Beds are comfortable but the studio we stayed in had a sofa-roll out bed. it's fine to sleep on but they end up being 2 separate single beds next to each other, so if you like a double bed get a 1 bed apartment instead.

The cleaning is excluded of the rates you see online, expect to pay 55 euro's for a studio to be cleaned on check out, it's a little more for the larger units i believe.

The rooms are very functional and have great AC, Internet costed 10 euro for the week so very reasonable.

The pool and the other leisure facilities where great, well maintained and clean, the times of opening where the only downside as the sauna/hot tubs where open from 2pm to 8pm.

Overall a great property, nice staff, good location, so as long as you know the above you will have a great stay and enjoy Cannes!

Room Tip: take a pool facing room on the high floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
São Paulo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I've seen many bizarre things at hotels, but that was the oddest one. My husband and I booked a double room at Resideal. Well, everywhere in the world, a double room means a queen bed (or king) or 2 single beds put together, but not in this place. The "double" bed was actually one single bed and one folding bed put together! can you believe that? and this is allegedly a 4 star hotel! We went to the front desk and they explained to us that all double rooms in the hotel were like that and if we really wanted a real double bed we would have to get a suite (obviously there was a difference in the price). We had to accept that not only because of the awful bed but also because the room smelled like someone had smoked there for days (the hotel says its all non-smoking, but even the front desk attendent agreed that our room had a smell).
It's also important to stress that there are almost no services at this residence - no room service, no beach service, even to get a towel to go to the pool is a hard task. I asked for a plastic shower cap - they didn't have it. I asked for other pillows, because ours were as hard and thick as possible - they didn't have. The only two good things I can say about this place is that it's location in great (just behind Carlton, at La Croisette) and pool/ sauna are very nice.
anyway, not the best place you can spend your money

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Cannes, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I really would not recommend this hotel, they charge you to change towels and clean the room. Its nowhere near a 4 star. The only thing it has going for it is location.
The staff are also very unhelpful and rude.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2007

If I won a free holiday here I would refuse it ... this was quite simply the worst place I have stayed ever .. I booked through Budget travel Ireland ... looked like a good location and being a 4 star should have been decent enough ... well it is in a good location in fairness .. literaly just behind the carlton hotel and has lovely gardens and a view of the sea from outside hotel ... but that is it .. reception reminded me of my local very very run down swimming pool .. like something from very old russia ... horrible staff so horrible I actually forgot their role ... but the part that I can never forgive them or budget travel for was the room ....

it was in the basement ... it was dark ... cold .... tiny single beds . . ( more like somethign you would see on a ship) up against the wall .. horrible old blankets ... it was literally disgusting ... balcony was lower than ground level .. never got any light .... I will never forget my disappointment as I was on holiday with my son and I really wanted it to be nice for him ... I felt like I had let him down ... I had got him so excited and then to be put in this horrible dungeon ... decor awful ... I cried for first few nights ...because of the type of holiday we were on we always came home about 9 o clock .. so wasn't as if I could just go out and just sleep there ... it was not even comfortable for reading ... for anything ... there was a TV but just French ...

Also it rained the first week .. all week so there was no comfort here at all ...no services I aware of ..

Also, had to pay extra for sheets ... towels .. and cleaning . please . !! ...

there is really good value in Cannes now so do not stay in this hell hole ...

Maybe some of the high rise rooms are better .. but just make sure you not in this waiting room for purgatory..

I CAN NEVER GET THOSE 2 WEEKS BACK .. AND NOW MY SON A BIT OLD TO HOLIDAY WITH ME ..

Just don't stay here ... don't have my regrets ...

By the way it is a good example of why never to go anywhere with travel agents .. they only get the worst rooms .. they really do not give a damn if you satisfied ... and Budget Travel should be ashamed of themselves ... everyone saves hard for a holiday after working hard all year and not one person should ever feel short changed or disappointed ...

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Every Single Thing
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Resideal Premium Cannes? Share your experiences!