“A little gem in Cannes” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 136 Hotels in Cannes
Jakarta
“A little gem in Cannes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I was in Cannes for the G-20 Meeting in November 2011 and the French government literally closed the shops and main streets near the event took place so it was rather like a dead city. Anyway, a colleague of mine had chosen this hotel for me and I wasn't disappointed at all!

The room was small, but way better than I had expected. The bed was cosy, heat was working just fine and the TV worked just okay. The bathroom looked like it had just been renovated and both hot and cold water were working properly. But the best thing is the Fragonard amenities they provided for us and was generously refilled every day. For me, this shows the hotel management knows what they were doing and how to really spoil their guests, even when the rate is so inexpensive.

There are several garden chairs in the small terrace in front of rooms. Too bad I was there in November but I thought it would be nice to hang there during summer.

The reception staff (if I am not mistaken, his name is John) is really welcoming and friendly. He was also very helpful and willing to donate his time to inform us about the good restaurants and places to go. He was a genuine conversationalist and looked like he actually liked making a conversation with the guests. When we wanted to eat out and it was raining, he lent us some umbrellas and when we came back with take outs, he let us eat together in the lobby and helped us moving some chairs and tables around.

The location is about 10 minutes walk from everything and there is a medium supermarket two blocks away. Overall, I would gladly to recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: If you travel during summer, ask for a room in the lower floor as you can sit around in the terrace...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New York, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

I attended an industry event in Cannes in March, 2011 and had the good fortune of being placed at Ruc Hotel by the event coordinatory. The hotel was perfect for my needs with a clean, quiet room and a very helpful staff. And did I mention inexpensive? while many of my colleagues were running up exhorbitant bills, mine was less than 200 euros/night and i would bet that my overall experience was as good or better than theirs.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

Great little hotel perfect base for Cannes trade events. A little away from the action but that's not a bad thing - its only a five minute walk to the main drag. Room was small but perfectly acceptable and had a sweet outlook across the neighbourhood. Great value. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Tallinn, Estonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Great and very cozy hotel, with small but nice rooms and comfortable beds.
We've got room with french balcony and lovely view to hotel's patio.
All toiletries in bathroom were from local perfumery named Fragonard and the quality was really impressive.
WiFi was missing all the time of our stay, but there was some technical problem which they promised to be fixed.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

This is a wonderful boutique hotel. Great clean rooms, amazing staff and the owner is an 86 year old delight. Merci, Madame!! Everything about this place is perfect. It is nestled in a residential area, but within walking distance to the train station, the beach and all the shops of Cannes. For now on, we will call Ruc Hotel home while we are in Cannes.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

I thought this hotel was better than expected based on the price. It is one of the cheapest 3 star hotels you'll find in Cannes so I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The decor is old-fashioned and not the most appealing but I really don't care what the decor looks like... It doesn't affect my opinion on a hotel. When I first entered the room I thought it looked a little dingy but as I walked around, I found that it was clean. The bed was comfortable and the rooms were tended to every day. The rooms aren't soundproofed but it was never too noisy. It is in a good location. It is only a 5 minute walk to the beach/restaurants/shops but it is not right in the heart of Cannes which makes it less noisy (no clubs around which is nice). I am planning on staying at this hotel again when I return to Cannes this summer. It is great value for the cost.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

We checked in for 4 nights and were honestly shocked the place was actually called A HOTEL! Looks more like a guesthouse since it is tiny and the reception staff were not profesionals. Had a twin room with barely enough space for luggage (good we didn't have much) and dust all over the shelves... It might be a common thing in France, but they use body soap sachets for hair too.. When I called to ask for some shampoo we just got more of the same stuff!:)
However, we did not ask for a room change and were not too bothered about it - You won't spend your time in the hotel after all - there is so much to do and see in Cannes!!!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends

Been to Ruc Hotel? Share your experiences!