The Renoir is certainly one of the better options value-for-money wise in Cannes - the local market seems to have a lack of competition or guests are generally prepared to pay lot.
Now to the Renoir itself:
- Nicely refurbished rooms (if you book their trendy ones - they have different room categories);
- friendly reception staff;
- location, although not near "La Croisette", is close enough to the centre to walk everywhere without issues
- prices are okay for Cannes, although still on the expensive side;
- free Wifi included in the rate
- Rest of hotel (in particular lift/staircase) are a bit dated
- location a bit odd next to a major street (but rooms are well isolated soundwise)
- Price couldn't be charged in a different hotel market
- Parking slightly confusing in a public car park
Overall not a bad deal, if you are prepared to live with the little oddities.