“Amazing in every way” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 136 Hotels in Cannes
Vancouver, BC, Canada
“Amazing in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I love this hotel. My daughter and I checked in the day before the opening of Cannes Film Festival, when the hotel was very busy. We were there for two nights. The staff at the front desk were gracious and treated us as well as the actress who was checking in beside us. The standard room was gorgeous, and I loved the turn down service. The public spaces in this hotel are very elegant. This is a truly memorable place to stay.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed with our children. The room was spacious. We had the Cannes sea view right in front of us. There were swimmers, but for us it was too windy. The restaurant service and food was excellent. They have children's menu. Children food looked amazing as well. The open buffet breakfast kept us happily at the hotel so long that our plans for the day were continuously delayed. We had the wonderful kir royals after dinner out on the porch under the stars either sea breeze. I recommend highly to everyone.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Raphael D, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Carlton Cannes, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Neslihank,
Thank you for staying with us and for posting those few nice lines.
We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed the comfort of your room with its beautiful view over the Mediterranean sea and our culinary offers, without forgetting the children's menu.
We are honoured to see that we can count you as one of our ambassadors, as you would highly recommend the InterContinental Carlton Cannes for a stay in Cannes and we do hope you and your family will visit us again very soon.

Best regards,

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The Intercontinental was a last-minute change of plans as it was available with IHG points. I definitely felt a little bit out of place - much like flying first class when you're used to coach. Just the same, I'm not unsophisticated, so I was expecting slightly better from the esteemed property the Carlton undoubtedly is. I should mention that I stayed on the night before the Monaco Grand Prix, which also coincided with the Cannes Film Festival, so the staff may have been under a bit of pressure, but such is the nature of working at this place, I would hope, that they'd be able to deal. Not quite.

I'm a Platinum IHG member and have been one for about a year now. This usually carries a few minor perks: a room upgrade, if available, bonus points upon check-in (even if redeeming points for the stay), whatever. None of this is a deal-breaker, but you do get used to it (after all, one acquires status for a reason - mainly that I tend to like IHG properties enough to stay at them often enough). So when a lovely but clearly overwhelmed (and green - she had "Trainee" on her jacket) receptionist mentioned my status and handed me an envelope with a recognition letter but neglected to say anything about an upgrade, points, etc., I just let it slide. She did escort me to my room (which I didn't expect nor really needed, but if it's customary, so be it) and asked if I'd rather have the two double beds switched into a single King. I've never heard of that being done, but said yes, as that would have surely made for a better night of sleep. Although, in fairness, I should have just helped her out and asked to be moved to a different room, perhaps thereby securing the upgrade I was never offered (the hotel, as it happens, had availability - the simple fact that my room cost almost 900 Euro cash but was available on points generally would imply they were undersold). All the same, when I came back from a walk around midnight, my bed was still the same, which, to be honest, did not make for a comfortable night of sleep. When I saw that, I did what I usually don't, which is call the front desk and remind them of my status and inquire whether or not there should have at least been a welcome bonus. Apparently, I was told, my room was switched at the last minute (great...) and that was misplaced. So, ten minutes later, four nectarines and a bottled water are brought into the room with much fanfare, which was actually heartily appreciated.

The room itself was fairly basic for a 5-star room. I'll be honest, I'm not impressed easily by antique (or antique-looking) furniture, golden trim or the fact that I am writing this review from a 3-star Kyriad in Mulhouse that has a nicer flat-screen TV than the Carlton. Nor am I amused by a wi-fi system that doesn't hold a password well and requires you to re-log in (I seem to be noticing a trend with famous 5-star hotels, as the Bellagio in Vegas does the very same thing). Appearances aside, the room was basic enough that if you remove the shiny bits, it could be mistaken for a Holiday Inn's. That's not a bad thing in itself, just not anything special. I get that the attraction of the hotel is in its other areas, but perhaps all of the attention should NOT have been on the outside. After all, inside is where people sleep. The bathroom was nothing short of spectacular, though, with a deep tub, great water pressure and all the amenities one could wish for.

Had I not known the room had such an exorbitant "real money" price tag attached to it, had it NOT been one of the most famous hotels in the world (which carries certain expectations when it comes to attention to detail) and had a security guard not stopped me from accessing the hotel as I returned from my walk, practically demanding that I show him my key, this review would have been a bit more positive. As it is - all told, I'm not that impressed.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Raphael D, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Carlton Cannes, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Highlanderfil,

First of all, we thank you very much for your loyalty to IHG and for taking the time to detail your review following your recent stay at the Intercontinental Carlton Cannes
We regret to learn about the inconvenience you have experienced and are deeply sorry that you did not receive an exceptional level of service.
We are also sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations in terms of accommodation.
Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, we do extend it with sincerity.
You are correct with the fact that the Film Festival and Monaco Grand Prix are special moments of strong activity for Cannes and its hotels, but a lower level of service is certainly not acceptable and this is obviously not the image we wish you to retain of your experience at the Carlton.
We strive to improve and enhance our guests's experiences every day and take into consideration all kind of feedbacks, both positive and negative, so be assured that we will share your comments with our management, in order to correct all mentioned and detailed points.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon in order to make you leave a more enriching experience.

Sincerely Yours

Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have frequented this hotel for over a quarter of a century and the balance is very positive. Most of this is of course due to the location and the complexion of the historical building, however the service was also quite good overall.
This year I only got to use the bar, as I have been in Cannes for just one day. As usually, the service was good, if for a price. It was also nice to get a decent gin and tonic, which is so unusual in France. The Club sandwich, on the other hand, was definitely not Carlton level: room for improvement there. This bar is in need for a special touch, like it happened a few years ago, when free soupes and canapés were always in service with a standard order.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Dear wwalterrome,,

Thank you for your loyalty to the InterContinental Carlton Cannes and for posting your comment regarding your last visit at our Bar.
Please be aware that your remarks are valuable to us and we will take them into consideration to improve our guest needs and expectations.
We hope you will get the opportunity to come back and visit us again soon.

Sincerely Yours

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

positive: location, bedroom, staff, breakfast, decoration, services, etc etc etc... or better said: EVERYTHING..!
It is a pity that is so expensive but I think it is more than worth. I had a very nice experience since I had a room upgrade and it was really nice..!
There is only one thing I did not appreciate so much: Wifi is NOT for free and it is quite expensive.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
CarltonCannes, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Carlton Cannes, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Tripadder82,
Thank you for being our guest and for your comments on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Staying in our property is not cheap indeed, however, the level of our prices is in the same range as the other 5 stars hotels in the area.
We have well noted your remark about the Wifi and will transmit it to our management. Please be assured that your comments are valuable to us, we take them into consideration to improve our guest needs and expectations.
Best regards,

Dallas, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Carlton is a large, grand hotel with exceptional service. The biggest downside is a lack of coffeemakers in the rooms. "Take away" coffee at the hotel restaurant was 8 Euros and the lowest-priced continental breakfast for delivery to the room was 42 Euros! Wifi is 25 Euros unless you are part of the Intercontinental hotel program (so your costs can skyrocket quickly). The Carlton is close to the "end" of the busy part of the Croisette, so it's quieter than being closer to the Palais, which I consider the "center" of the city; but the Palais is an easy walk. Every single staff member here was polite and first-rate, even though we showed up wheeling our own luggage after walking from the train station. They treat everyone wonderfully. The rooms are large with small balconies. Clean. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Raphael D, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Carlton Cannes, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Client,
We thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is a great pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay despite some disappointment you had to experience.
Please be kindly advised that coffee makers are available in some rooms but they can be delivered on request in each room.
Your warm comments about our teams will most certainly motivate them even more to keep providing all of our guests with an attentive and professional service.
Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcoming you very soon.
Guest Relations Manager
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here as a treat a few years ago with family. You have to choose the Carlton if you're going to Cannes. Your jaw will drop when you walk into reception and its gets better when you enter the magnificent rooms. It is pricey, but worth looking out for an offer. You won't regret the experience. Cannes itself is beautiful with a wonderful prom to walk along and take in the sites and believe me there are some!

Room Tip: Amazing hotel