“Great As usual” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 135 hotels in Cannes
uk
“Great As usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2008

Our 8Th return visit, Top of the three on intercontinentals Loyalty programme got excelent room upgrade to front of the house with excelent sea view and Balcony. Staff remembered us and welcomed us back by name particularly the beach boys who found us good positions on the beach. as RA level got breakfast included for my wife for free. Even so the single price of 35 euroes does include as much and varied as you can eat.
Only downside, the chamber maids are becoming increasling persistant in there hints foor tips which with us results with nothing, pity as we would otherwise have been fairly generous.

• Liked — Grand
  • Disliked — nothing
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

808 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fairfax Station, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2008

We stayed at the Carlton for three days and enjoyed it very much. I booked through Yeego and got a terrific rate. Our room was absolutely beautiful, with a view of the sea from our small balcony. Breakfast was included and what a fantastic buffet it was - sit outside on the terrace. The hotel's location is perfect as you are smack dab in the middle of things. You can walk to the old town, and the beach is right across the street.

I saw some reviews that said the hotel looked tired, etc., but we saw absolutely no signs of that fact. Rather, this is a first rate property and if you are looking for the best - this is it.

• Liked — Beautiful room and location
  • Disliked — No pool
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

My wife and I have just spent 4 nights at the Carlton ending on 19th September. I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews but have to say that all in all it was a better than average experience. The hotel is located beautifully with its own private beach (which makes up for lack of pool in my view). It is a sumptious building although I have to agree it is showing some signs of wear and tear this was more than made up for in the quality of service I received. The room was spacious, clean and was all I could have asked for - I think it was a a level up from the standard offering but not a suite or executive room.
The bathroom was large with excellent toiletries provided, something very much appreciated by my wife.
We ate from Room Service a couple of evenings for dinner and a couple of mornings for breakfast. I agree this was pricey but the quality and choice was impressive and included such touches as an english newspaper of our choise and fresh flowers.
Some of the public corridors on each floor could do with decorating but overall I have no complaints either about the hotel or the staff. I would go back to the Carlton - after I have saved up enough money.

• Liked — the atmosphere
  • Disliked — Some public areas in need of facelift
Derbyshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

The good bits - a beautiful and very grand hotel in an excellent location, with very friendly and helpful check in staff. Clean rooms and an amazing selection for breakfast. Excellent valet parking facility and very helpful door staff.
The bad bits - Extrememly expensive, rooms were clean and bright but small and felt cramped. The staff in the restauant although polite when asked, you needed to keep reminding them for things and asking reapeatedly, which you dont expect from a high end hotel such as this.
Would recommend the hotel to anyone as I enjoyed the experience and the stay, although I would say to get a cheap deal on the internet as at full price it is very expensive for the service received.

• Stayed July 2007
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2008

I have just returned from 10 days at the Carlton after having a fantastic stay. I was a bit worried after reading some poor reviews but this was not my experience at all. The hotel is beautiful and the room we stayed in was fantastic.
The staff were extremely polite and helpful and added to the enjoyment of our stay. The breakfast was also excellent and regularly replenished - even another magnum of champagne was opened 10 minutes before service was due to finish.
The beach is also excellent with very friendly staff: Olivier was particularly good - when he realised we like our loungers together rather than with the table in between he would run over to the loungers and re-arrange them before we got there.
I agree the food and drinks are quite expensive, but you can choose to eat and drink elsewhere if you want to.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Berlin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

I don't agree with all the bad reviews that the Carlton is getting. Don't expect super modern facilities and over designed bathrooms, this is an old fashion glamor hotel.
I stayed there a year ago during the Film Festival and although the hotel was totally busy, the service was still great and the room was perfect.
The views are absolutely breathtaking and the hotel of "To Catch a Thief" is still one of the most luxurious and fabulous spots in all Côte d’Azur.

• Liked — everything...!
  • Disliked — the weather wasn't as good as expected :)
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

There is no question that the hotel is aesthetically pleasing from the exterior and the lobby. However, that is where my positive experience ended. Despite being a royal ambassador member of IC's priority club, the hotel only offered a meaningless room upgrade. The so call "upgraded room" was absolutely tiny with a small bed, no view and more mold than I have ever seen in a hotel. The room was also very dated, had a small tv and failed to insulate from the noise up stairs. Requests for a change of rooms were simply ignored. Each time I inquired, I was told someone would get back to me but that never occurred.

I was very dissapointed with the quality of the room and service. I have stayed in at least 30 IC's and never been as let down by the brand I was during this stay. To add insult to injury, the rates were exorbinent this time of year. I would definitelty not return. I do understand a renovation is planned, but without improving the service I could not see it being worthwhile.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to InterContinental Carlton Cannes? Share your experiences!