The Carlton lives on it's past reputation as the 'palace of the stars'. It has a beautiful view on La Croisette...if you have a good room. We were offered a room which was quite small for the two of us and smelt very strongly of enamel paint. Staff were happy to show us two other rooms, one smaller and one absolutely tiny...none with a view. We were eventually given a much larger room which was comfortable although slightly faded - having not been renovated. The staff at the hotel were exceptionally pleasant and helpful which was a surprise given that often in France 'le client ne'st pas roi'. The big downside of this hotel was the lack of choice of restaurant. The breakfast/tea/bar area is not very attractive especially in the evening when it is flooded with rather garish blue light and not at all intimate. There are a few rather strange pictures referring to movies on the wall but that aside, no sense of the history of this once beautiful building. During the day the choice of light food is small and terribly expensive with starters priced at an exorbitant 30-odd Euros. At night the dining room is rather unwelcoming and very expensive but the food is good. The dining room comes to life at breakfast in the morning, which on a sunny day has a sparkling and exceptional view onto the Croisette and the sea - and one can drink coffee while imagining the stars enjoying their croissants beside you. With a bit of imagination, a bar on the roof, a better choice of restaurants and some good renovation, this hotel could be fabulous. Warning: bring vast quantities of credit cards and euros with you.....
La Croisette is lined with top designer shops and very expensive restaurants and in order not to break the bank eating anywhere here it is a good idea to walk up to rue d'Antibes where there are plenty of little bistros off the side streets. For a more fun experience, catch the bus (1 Euro each) to Antibes and explore the little cobbled streets and boutiques in the old town...
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Carlton Cannes Hotel
- Intercontinental Carlton Cannes Hotel Cannes
- Intercontinental Cannes
- Carlton Cannes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The places of tomorrow have a history!Built in 1911, inaugurated in 1913 and ideally located on the famous "La Croisette" Boulevard, close to the Cannes Palais des Festivals and the shopping district, the InterContinental Carlton Cannes is facing the Mediterranean Sea and offers breathtaking views over the Bay of Cannes. Welcoming prestigious guests for a century, the InterContinental Carlton Cannes features 343 rooms, including 39 renovated suites, 2 restaurants (one of them is the Beach restaurant, seasonal), 2 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Otel, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Carlton Cannes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.