Hotel Martinez is a beautiful hotel in an ideal location. I think the negative reviews must be reacting to the non-sea view rooms. The Sea View Prestige rooms are newly renovated and the decor is absolutely gorgeous! Definitely worth the money. These rooms have amazing bathrooms-- spacious rain showers, luxurious soaking tubs and double sinks. The entry hallways have wonderful built-in closets and cabinetry. The rooms also have small Juliette balconies with spectacular views of the sea.
The staff is very friendly and attentive-- the absolute best I have encountered in my European travels. We were given free drinks in the bar while waiting for our rooms to be ready at check-in; bottles of wine were awaiting us in our rooms; nightly turn-down service provides bottled water; all the staff have been courteous and quick to provide assistance for any/all of our needs. The private beach is fabulous and worth the price. The fitness center has state of the art equipment and is open 24 hours. The hotel serves wonderful smoothies and fresh-squeezed fruit juices. Be prepared to pay a little extra for some things (room service is a little expensive and you must pay for beach chairs); in the case of Hotel Martinez, the experience is worth the additional cost.
The only negative aspects:
* wifi internet is rather slow. However, with this room class the wifi is free-- a major bonus since many hotels charge an upwards of 20 Euro a day for wifi.
* bedding/sheets are a little stiff and could be softer.
Overall, this hotel is virtually perfect as long as you spring for the sea view rooms.
I would definitely return and recommend Hotel Martinez to all travelers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinez Hotel Cannes
- Hotel Martinez Cannes
- Hotel Martinez
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious & comfortable rooms and suites in a classic art déco or contemporary style. Super cuisine with its 3 restaurants including the gourmet La Palme d'Or. Outstanding services with a private sandy beach, outdoor heated pool, SPA Martinez and a fitness center. Musical entertainment all year round ... this what makes Hotel Martinez one of the best hotels in French Riviera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.