“Good hotel at a Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Gray d'Albion
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   38, rue des Serbes, 06408 Cannes, France   |
Ranked #12 of 136 Hotels in Cannes
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good hotel at a Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The hotel is situated on a street between Rue d'Antibes, which is the main shopping street, and La Croisette, which is the beach-side boulevard. This way, both the shops and the beach are only 2min away.
The interior of the hotel is nice, more classical than modern. We were offered a free upgrade upon checking in, that was nice. Our room was equipped with a balcony which was great for some relaxation after a day of sightseeing. The beds were fantastic and should offer a great night sleep. Staff is friendly and well trained.

One negative though: the hotel offers complimentary use of its private beach, however only ACCESS to the beach is complimentary. Chairs and sunscreen will still have to be paid for. We were not informed of this and got a small surprise when checking out because of this.

Room Tip: Go for the superior double to get a nice balcony/terrace. Rue de Serbes-side is great, due to beauti...
Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Amsterdam-duo,

Thank you very much for your full review and positive feedback.
My team and I are certainly motivated by your compliments and this encourages us to achieve even higher standards of service.
There is nothing more rewarding to us than your satisfaction except having the pleasure of welcoming you again…
Best regards

François PORTIGLIA,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel has a very good location close to the beach and close to the main shopping street. It is located just a few minutes walk from the festival palace if you are in Cannes for the film festival. The hotel has also its own section on the beach where you can rent a sun bed and have your lunch. Rather pricey though, but the beach is very nice and the service is great.

I had a superior room and it was spacious, clean and welcoming. Cleaning everyday together with a turn down service made it most comfortable. There were a choice of pillows and a very nice blanket and very comfortable mattress, best I ever had in a hotel. The bathroom had bathrobes (two different sizes), slippers, and complimentary toiletries. The room also had an balcony with two chairs and a table and it was very nice to sit outside and enjoy the warmth of the spring air.
The breakfast was good, but not fantastic. It seemed a bit disorganized. The selection was fine, but things where not placed were you would expect them, so the selection seemed less than it actually was. The service at the tables is good, you will be offered a choice of various coffee or tea.

There were free wifi in all of the hotel, rooms included.

I would recommend the hotel for anyone wanting to visit Cannes. I was there on a business trip but will return with my girl friends and likely my family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear manoni,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction after your stay, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.
Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your letter pushes us to continue our efforts as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s efforts contribute to make our guests’stay pleasant.
Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family and friends again next at the Gray d’Albion,

Yours faithfully.

İstanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed in Hotel Gray d'Albion for 6 nights in April 2013.Our double supeior room on the 4th floor was renovated ,comfortable with a nice balcony overlooking the garden and a nice new bathroom.The rooms and the hotel have excellent staff and services:the rooms are very very well cleaned,rechecked and beds turned down again in the evening...the breakfast is very very good,with again a very comptetent and smiling staff,and the conscierge service really a great help.We had excellent advice and support .
Thelocation is excellent (a few steps to the Croisette and on the corner of the best shopping area Rue d'Antibes)

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view room on the upper floors
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Faron 83,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d’Albion Hotel, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.
Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your letter pushes my team and myself to continue our efforts, as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s work contribute to make our stay pleasant.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Gray d’Albion Hotel,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel we booked through a third party agent with a great deal and a fantastic introduction to this hotel. The location could NOT have been better, slap bang in the middle of Cannes, nut the staff is sooo friendly and the hotel is extremely cosy. Well done!
small niggles, my wife complained about the lighting for doing make-up, BUT we haven't complained to the hotel so they couldn't have attempted to rectify it, thinking about it now, I should have.
You won't go wrong with this hotel
Good luck on your choice

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Jan R,

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your letter pushes my team and myself to continue our efforts, as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s work contribute to make our stay pleasant (despite you problem with the make-up lighting we have already fixed)

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This well-run and convenient Hotel in central Cannes manages to combine a luxury feel with a friendly and welcoming aspect. We very much enjoyed our stay here and we were made to feel very welcome. The rooms had nice terraces and were comfortable, the breakfasts outstandingly good (with particular thanks to Rene who made us smile every day) and we enjoyed the beach! Yes there were a few minor niggles (room decor could be better) but this is a great hotel and we would go back as soon as possible!

Room Tip: We were on the sixth floor and the rooms were quiet with large teraces/balconies
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Peter M,

This message to inform you that I carefully read your yesterday's comment you wrote on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d’Albion Hotel this month.
We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotel, and I’mhappy to read that the service you were given at the Gray d’Albion has been up to your expectations.
I want you to know that we consider your comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach the irreproachable level of service that you are expected.

Hoping we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Bruges, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Classic 4-star hotel that lived up to our expectations. We had a spacious standard room with nicely renovated bathroom. The room had al the comfort we were looking for and was equipped with all basic facilities. Service was great, all the staff from reception and bar were really courteous. Only minor was that the staff from the breakfast room, namely the woman, were not friendly at all and it seemed that there worked there against there will. However the men in the breakfast room were really friendy especially Réné!
Would certainly come back and recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sofie S,

Waterford, Waterford, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Bit of a late review but we stayed here for the Cannes Lions festival in June.Staff were very nice.The lobby was beautiful and so was the bar.The room was exceptional and the view was great.The free wifi was a massive bonus, and was very fast.Beds so comfy and amazing view.One thing though, the price of drinks from the bar and the mini bar.But, in Cannes it's what to expect.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Jordan C,

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again for the next Cannes Lions Festival at the Gray d’Albion Hotel,
I remain

François PORTIGLIA,

Been to Hotel Gray d'Albion? Share your experiences!