“İdeally located,good service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 135 hotels in Cannes
İstanbul
“İdeally located,good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed in Hotel Gray d'Albion for 6 nights in April 2013.Our double supeior room on the 4th floor was renovated ,comfortable with a nice balcony overlooking the garden and a nice new bathroom.The rooms and the hotel have excellent staff and services:the rooms are very very well cleaned,rechecked and beds turned down again in the evening...the breakfast is very very good,with again a very comptetent and smiling staff,and the conscierge service really a great help.We had excellent advice and support .
Thelocation is excellent (a few steps to the Croisette and on the corner of the best shopping area Rue d'Antibes)

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view room on the upper floors
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Faron 83,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d’Albion Hotel, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.
Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your letter pushes my team and myself to continue our efforts, as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s work contribute to make our stay pleasant.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Gray d’Albion Hotel,

537 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel we booked through a third party agent with a great deal and a fantastic introduction to this hotel. The location could NOT have been better, slap bang in the middle of Cannes, nut the staff is sooo friendly and the hotel is extremely cosy. Well done!
small niggles, my wife complained about the lighting for doing make-up, BUT we haven't complained to the hotel so they couldn't have attempted to rectify it, thinking about it now, I should have.
You won't go wrong with this hotel
Good luck on your choice

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Jan R,

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your letter pushes my team and myself to continue our efforts, as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s work contribute to make our stay pleasant (despite you problem with the make-up lighting we have already fixed)

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This well-run and convenient Hotel in central Cannes manages to combine a luxury feel with a friendly and welcoming aspect. We very much enjoyed our stay here and we were made to feel very welcome. The rooms had nice terraces and were comfortable, the breakfasts outstandingly good (with particular thanks to Rene who made us smile every day) and we enjoyed the beach! Yes there were a few minor niggles (room decor could be better) but this is a great hotel and we would go back as soon as possible!

Room Tip: We were on the sixth floor and the rooms were quiet with large teraces/balconies
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Peter M,

This message to inform you that I carefully read your yesterday's comment you wrote on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d’Albion Hotel this month.
We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotel, and I’mhappy to read that the service you were given at the Gray d’Albion has been up to your expectations.
I want you to know that we consider your comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach the irreproachable level of service that you are expected.

Hoping we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Bruges, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Classic 4-star hotel that lived up to our expectations. We had a spacious standard room with nicely renovated bathroom. The room had al the comfort we were looking for and was equipped with all basic facilities. Service was great, all the staff from reception and bar were really courteous. Only minor was that the staff from the breakfast room, namely the woman, were not friendly at all and it seemed that there worked there against there will. However the men in the breakfast room were really friendy especially Réné!
Would certainly come back and recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sofie S,

Waterford, Waterford, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Bit of a late review but we stayed here for the Cannes Lions festival in June.Staff were very nice.The lobby was beautiful and so was the bar.The room was exceptional and the view was great.The free wifi was a massive bonus, and was very fast.Beds so comfy and amazing view.One thing though, the price of drinks from the bar and the mini bar.But, in Cannes it's what to expect.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Jordan C,

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again for the next Cannes Lions Festival at the Gray d’Albion Hotel,
I remain

Colmar, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

A beautiful location and a friendly atmosphère for a relaxing stay in Cannes.
The room is very confortable but the bathroom should be a littlle more bigger.
Breakfast at the buffet is very good and offers a large choice of products of very good quality.
The all staff is professionnal and very helpful
We enjoyed our one week stay

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the back facing the garden terrace. They are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Danilou68,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on the TripAdvisor website.

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image my team and myself wish to give of our hotel, it is certain that your letter pushes us to continue our work as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s efforts contribute to make our guests’stay pleasant.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Gray d’Albion,

Yours faithfully.

François PORTIGLIA
General manager
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was expecting a bit of luxury and was greatly disappointed when I arrived and was greeted by rude and ineffective staff followed by a disappointing room. Even though I was staying in an executive room it did not feel that way. The bathroom was disappointing but the bed made up for that - it was very luxurious. I enjoyed the privacy of the balcony and the breakfast the most.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear jmhcktt,

After your stay 7 months ago, you have taken time to write a comment about our hotel, and we are very surprise that you took such a delay to give us your negative appreciation.
Nevertheless, we constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotel, and I regret that the service you were given at the Gray d'Albion Hotel has not been up to your expectations. I’m especially sorry because your feeling doesn’t reflect the service and quality of the Gray d’Albion Hotel as our ranking can show it on TripAdvisor website.

I want you to know that we consider your guests’comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach an irreproachable level of service, despite that due to the oldness of your comment, it is always difficult to find responsabilities (about the rudeness and inefficiency of staff members) and to take corrective actions.

Yours faithfully.

François PORTIGLIA
General manager

Been to Hotel Gray d'Albion? Share your experiences!