“location location location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 136 Hotels in Cannes
London
“location location location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just returned and overall impressive. Good 4 star hotel no more no less.
Free wifi and a good concierge with friendly staff.
Very nice breakfast buffet and a hostess that remembered by name on 2nd day.
The location is great located one block back from the Croisette and on Re d' Antibes with a multitude of shops and restaurants.
Even has a Car Park underneath which is very cheap.
Rooms are clean, functional and well appointed but a bit "standard" no real local influences.
Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear JemScott,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d’Albion Hotel, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your letter pushes my team and myself to continue our efforts, as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s work contribute to make our stay pleasant.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at the Gray d’Albion Hotel,

I remain,

François PORTIGLIA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Centrally located but not as charming as some of the hotels you get to stay in France, does not have the French touch. Rooms are clean but small and very standard. Breakfast was very average. You could hear the outside sound of the traffic even though I was on the 6th Floor.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear GuluJ,

This message to inform you that I carefully read your yesterday's comment you wrote on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d’Albion Hotel this month.

We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotel, and I’m happy to read that the service you were given at the Gray d’Albion has been up to your expectations, despitre lacks of equipment and soundproofing of our room. This point is usually not mentionned in guest comments but I want you to know that we consider your comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach the irreproachable level of service that you are expected.

Hoping we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again

Dartford, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

A seemingly very pleasant hotel in a good location, with good facilities. We received a warm welcome form the receptionist on arrival, and the restaurant staff at breakfast were welcoming each morning too. All very smart accommodation, and very clean. We did not sample the restaurant for lunch or dinner, nor the bar, so can't comment on those aspects. On our last day the hotel was happy to store our luggage during the day, as we had a late evening flight back to the UK from Nice Airport. They even offered us a room to change in before our journey home if we wished. However, on returning to the hotel late afternoon to collect our bags, things went rapidly downhill. I showed the concierge the ticket the porter had given me for our bags in the morning, and asked if we could use the toilet first. He looked down his nose at us, and, very sniffily, asked if we were guests of the hotel (in spite of having just shown him a ticket for our bags). He treated us as if we were common people who had had the nerve to come into his smart hotel and ask to use his toilets. When I pointed out the situation he rather ungraciously said we could use the toilets on the first floor (you need a swipe card room key to use the ones behind the ground floor bar) You also need a swipe card to be able to use the lifts, so he was expecting us to use the stairs, in spite of my wife having a disability and using a walking stick (which was plain to see) to aid her mobility. When I pointed this out to the concierge, the porter who was also there, offered my wife his staff pass key which allowed us to use the ground floor facilities. Not a pleasant experience with the concierge at all. I spoke to the hotel from home by phone about this the next day, and the genenral manager did phone me back and apologise. He also offered us a free two night stay which I initially accepted, but subsequently declined. I feel I just do not want to go back to that hotel again, where, in spite of any pleasant, smiling, outward appearance the staff may display, I'd be wondering what they really thought of me. A hotel to cross off the list as far as I'm concerned. And my experience in the Gray d'Albion would certainly put me off staying at any other hotels in the Lucien Barriere group.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear 200MikeG, Dear Doctor G,

After our phone conversation of October 2st and the mail I sent to you on the 22nd, please again accept my apologies for the trouble you got with one member of my team on your departure.

Fortunately, the rest of your stay was pleasant as you wrote it on your comment. The invitation I sent you after our talk, that you accepted through a quick reservation two days after receiving my mail, and you cancelled later, was a garantee of our constant engagement for a quality of service worth the image we wish to give of our hotel and I deeply regret that this incident left you with this bad impression, despite all our efforts to avoid it.

General manager
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My 4th time staying here. I travel for business to Cannes and have stayed at The Carlton and The Martinez, supposedly the best hotels in Cannes. If your an average guest and are placed in an average room in those hotels - no big deal at all. GDA is no frills but very comfortable and very French. The rooms are not large but they are comfortable. The balconies make the experience. If you want comfort and location this is a great place to be.

Room Tip: High floor with balcony facing east
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
François P, General Manager at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Passagemaker,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on the TripAdvisor website, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image my team and myself wish to give of our hotel, it is certain that your letter pushes us to continue our work as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s efforts contribute to make our guests’stay pleasant.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Gray d’Albion,

Eynsham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel has a lovely location, but has a lack of hospitality - toiletries are bolted to the wall in the bathrooms, and the the tea and milk in the bedrooms is in powder form. The rose smell in the lobby is overpowering, and bar prices inflated beyond the usual Cannes norm. Needs to try harder.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear EynshamPrincess,

This answer to inform you that I carefully read the comment you wrote ont The TripAdvisor site after your stay at the Gray d'Albion Hotel.

We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotel, and I regret that the the best value for money you were given has not been up to your expectations.

I want you to know that we consider your comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach an irreproachable level of service, the quality of service of my hotel being usually held in good reputation, as our ranking on TripAdvisor can show it with a ranking of 10th over 134 hotels registered in Cannes on the website.

However, I hope you will still trust us, and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again. Be sure that my team and myself are trying harder !

General Manager.
Wetherby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We've stayed at the Gray d'Albion and the Majestic and whilst the Majestic is on the Croisette, the Gray d'Albion is virtually as good as long as your willing to walk 75 yards to the Croisette, however it's about half the price.
Only problem we had was the noise of someone scrapping chairs on the balcony in the middle of the night.The noise seemingly going through walls like a knife through butter.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Paul W,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your advice pushes us to continue our efforts as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s efforts contribute to make our guests’stay pleasant, despite the trouble you got during the night with outside noises which disturbed your sleep.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Gray d’Albion,
I remain,

General manager
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

A nice hotel, nothing special, but we had no complaints. We found a good deal for 5 nights b&b online and booked a superior room but on arrival were upgraded to a comfortable room on the 3rd floor with a balcony overlooking the central garden. It was quiet, everything worked and the bathroom was a good size. Free wi-fi was a bonus. The location is good for the beach, the shops and the station. We found it best to eat down by the port where there a plenty of restaurants. We recommend the short train ride to Antibes which is more picturesque than Cannes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear src1948,

We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotel, and I’m happy to read that the service you were given at the Gray d’Albion has been up to your expectations.

Hoping we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again

François PORTIGLIA

Been to Hotel Gray d'Albion? Share your experiences!