“Great location, comfortable room and courteous staff” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   38, rue des Serbes, 06408 Cannes, France   |
Ranked #11 of 135 Hotels in Cannes
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Santa Barbara
“Great location, comfortable room and courteous staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed just one night but want to come back for a longer stay. The Hotel is in a great location, just a few minutes walk from all the great restaurants, shopping and the spectacular beach. Our room was very modern, clean, comfortable, free wi-fi, and quiet. Parking not provided but close by, breakfast good but expensive, should have chosen reservation with breakfast included, staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms with view are quite a bit more, we chose non-view because we were not planning on staying in o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Dennis I,

Many thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on TripAdvisor, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your comment pushes us to continue our efforts as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s efforts contribute to make our guests’stay enjoyable.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Gray d’Albion Hotel,

General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
rome
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I loved my stay in cannes in september. the hotel is perfectly located between rue'd'antibes and la croisette.
I liked the style and the design of hall and bar
all the staff was very kind. I love hotels and work in hotels so I respect a lot all the efforts that everyone in the hotel puts to make us traveller live a good experience.

I was there for the leadeership forum a meeting of hotels 'general managers and leaders'.
my favouite was the bar manger (blonde and eye glasses) he was super king and could remember my preferences a proper bar manager I wish he could work with me in Rome.
From my room I could see the beautiful suquet and all was good .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear ariannaroscioli,

Simply thank you for such a wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed this experience with us.

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image we wish to give of our hotel, it is certain that your advice pushes us to continue our efforts as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s work contribute to make our guests’stay pleasant, either for business or leisure matter.

I also won't forget to forward this comment to my Bar Manager who will certainly appreciate it.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

After the warm and friendly service we experienced in London, the indifference if the staff at this well-located, some-what tired, hotel was not good beginning for our 2- night stay in Cannes! The standard room was a good size, as was the bathroom. The bed was large and comfortable, the air conditioning worked well and quietly. The on-site parking garage was a big plus. I would not call this a warm and friendly hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Direction_hotels, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Barbara C,

This message to inform you that I carefully read your comment you wrote after your visit at our hotel this week.

We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotel, and I deeply regret the bad experience you had with the warm of the service.

I want you to know that we consider your comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach an irreproachable level of service, which obviously, has not been totaly the case this time.

I personally listed what went wrong with our my Heads of department. Measures have been taken to remedy those failures which again, I deeply regret. Usually, the quality of service of that hotel is held in reputation but, this time, it has not been at its usual level.

However, I hope you will still trust us, remain a guest of our hotel, and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Hoping you will give us a chance to show you that the Gray d'Albion can be up to your expectations,

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have just returned from a wonderful short stay (3 nights) in Cannes at the Gray d'Albion Hotel. The reception desk were beyond helpful in letting us into our superior room on the fourth floor early and letting us check out late to accommodate our flight times. The room itself was very comfortable with a really huge bed and good bathroom facilities including robes. Also with a very good sized balcony overlooking the gardens, so it was very quiet. The breakfast also exceeded expectations with a very good selection of hot and cold foods. The hotel is not on the beach front, but has it's own private beach with lovely staff and is in a great location between the Croisette and the Rue d'Antibes. Highly recommended with great attention to detail.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Rachel37M,

Many thanks to you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d’Albion Hotel, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your positive comments pushes my team and myself to continue our efforts, as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s work contribute to make your stay pleasant.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights on a business conference. The Hotel has a excellent central location on a side street off the main sea front.
The Hotel is showing signs of been a little tired and need of upgrading, however the Hotel is still acceceptable but it is not a deluxe Hotel.
The staff on the front desk and Housekeeping are friendly.
The bedrooms are a good size and the bed very comfortable, I slept better than at home!
They have signs and notes for everything in the room, this looked cheap and untidy.
Breakfast room service trays were still on the corridors at 6pm in the evening.
Rooms have nice balconies but pigeons are a real problem, I ate my room service breakfast on my balcony and was plagued by many pigeons who flew right onto my balcony and food, even with me sitting there! This should be addressed by Management as they have the same problem in the coutyard of there 38 Restauarnt.
As I said its ok, nothing to really complain about but no wow factors. I am sure there is better in Cannes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Direction_hotels, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear James-TRIP,

This message to inform you that we carefully read your comments you wrote on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d'Albion Hotel last September.
We thank you for your positive remarks about the service you got during the four days you spend at the hotel.

Nevertheless, we also want you to know that we consider our guests’comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach the best value for money and service.

Therfore, I personally listed what went wrong with the head of department concerned by some of your comments you left. Measures have been taken to remedy those failures which I regret. Regarding your remarks concerning the rank of our hotel, we effectively are a 4 stars hotel and not a 5 stars as it seems you expected it.

Yours faithfully

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

The Gray d'Albion is a great place to stay. I had a very comfortable, well equipped and quiet room with a great bed. The team at the hotel was both friendly and very attentive. The possibility to have breakfast outdoors on a quiet terrace added to the experience.

• Stayed September 2012
Direction_hotels, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear rmvandergraaf,

Following your stay at our hotel, you were kind enough to post a comment on TripAdvisor for which we would first like to thank you. Your comments are extremely important as they help us improve our services.

My staff and I have taken note of your positive comments: they are our best reward and they strongly encourage us to uphold the level of excellence you are entitled to expect… Deserving your trust is essential.

We hope to see you again soon in our hotel,

Yours sincerely

Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed there for 1 week in end August 2012.

The location (between La Croisette & Rue d’Antibes) is great but no see view.

Be careful some rooms that look over the courtyard can be a bit dark. Rooms are very well re-designed and clean with comfortable beds. Bathrooms are modern but a bit small (we stayed in a superior room).
The rate is very fair for a 4 stars so well located in Cannes.

The Valet parking is very efficient and costs (only) 26 euros for 24 hours, which for Cannes is not that expensive. (When we stayed at the Carlton 2 years ago, we paid 40 euros for 24 hours.)

The staff is very nice and helpful especially the front desk (Julien).

The only hic was at the Concierge desk that wanted to be helpful for making us dinner reservations. But while speaking to the restaurants he didn’t even mention that he was speaking from Grey D’Albion Hotel so we could have done it ourselves. Indeed when calling a restaurant for a booking on the French Riviera, it’s always well appreciated when the booking is made through a good hotel…

One night we went on their private beach for a special fireworks dinner. The food was ok and the service good and again for a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: The rooms in the courtyard are a bit dark and make sure you will get a renovated room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ray-bech,

Following your stay at our hotel, you were kind enough to send a comment on the TripAdvisor website for which we would first like to thank you. Your comments are extremely important as they provide a motive for continuous improvement.

My staff and I have taken note of your comments regarding your points of satisfaction but also those of unsatisfaction. These will help us to improve our offers and services to reach the level of quality you can expect of our hotel.

Looking forward to having the pleasure of seeing you again soon,

Yours sincerely

General manager

Been to Hotel Gray d'Albion? Share your experiences!