“No Complaints” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 135 hotels in Cannes
London, United Kingdom
“No Complaints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Upon checking in we were immediately upgraded to a superior room which was appreciated. The bed was a super king and the room a good size. There was also a balcony which got the afternoon sun.
The location is fantastic - less than a minute's walk to the beach/croisette. A good selection at breakfast (pastries/croissants/fruit/cereal/yogurt/bacon, eggs etc) and helpful staff.
Our room was on the second floor, and although there was no noise from the street, we did get woken from the room upstairs, the walls are quite thin - this is the only negative point.
Overall, very good value hotel and will be staying there for our trip next year.

On a seperate note regarding Cannes, we hired a moped for approx 45 euro for the day and drove along the coastline to Monaco stopping off at Juan Le Pins, Antibes & Nice. I thoroughly recommend this if you dont want to hire a car. Another tip is to book the Cannesexpress shuttle bus to and from the airport - only 20 euro each way! Very reliable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Voyageur_expedia, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Dir Madam,

I paid particular attention to the comment you kindly report on Trip Advisor, following your stay in the Hotel Gray d’Albion.
Your positive remarks will encourage my teams to continue towards the quality that we have to ensure all year round to our guests.
I also thank you for your “travelling tricks”, which will surely help internet users on the cheap means of transport to come to Cannes.
Thank you to have chosen Lucien Barrière hotels and more particularly our establishment

Sincerely Yours.

537 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I have visited Cannes many times over the past 30 years and have stayed at many hotels including the Carleton,Majestic and Splendid.
I recently arrived in Cannes without a reservation and was dismayed to find that many of my favorite hotels were sold out.I was treated with total disrespect and ignorance by a front desk clerk at the Slendid when i inquired about room availibility and would not stay there again if it was for free.
Thankfully due to a chance dparture,we were able to secure 2 rooms at the hotel,Gray D'Albion.
when I presented to the front desk,I was warmly greeted by Magali who offered me 2 rooms with breakfast and was most gracious and accomodating.
We had just travelled from the french alpine region and were exhausted.
The Hotel gray d'Albion was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!
Very well situated in the heart of the Croisette.Rooms and amenities were outstanding and the breakfast was superb.
I woul definately return and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Voyageur_expedia, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

My team and I thank you for having taken some minutes of your time to report your satisfaction on the site TripAdvisor, following your stay in the Hotel Gray d' Albion.

Be sure that I really appreciate this gesture, your mail can only encourage my team to continue towards improvement and quality and I shall not miss to pass them your appreciations.

Thank you to have chosen Lucien Barriere hotels and more particularly our resort

Sincerely Yours.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Upon check in we were gratefully upgraded to a superior room. The room was bright and modern. The beach facilities were also of high standard, with newspapers and dining available on site. Even though the wireless is pricey, one can use it in the hotel as well as on the beach, obviously it would be nice to have it included, but the wide range of usage makes it bearable. the concierge service was very good, making reservations at top restaurants without hassle. Lovely stay and definitely recommendable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Voyageur_expedia, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Dear Jujush,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on the Tripadvisor site, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your letter pushes us to continue our efforts as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s efforts contribute to make our guests’stay pleasant, even if we still have some efforts to do on some of our prices (wireless should be free in our hotel at the end of the year)

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Gray d’Albion,
I remain,

Yours faithfully.

François Portiglia
Managing Director
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

The service at Gray d' Albion was impeccable, the room was spacious with a great bed and very confortable pillows. Although the toilet was a bit too small, it did not matter as I was on my own. The location is superb. Near the beach, great shopping and restaurants, as well as within walking distances to Cannes most famous tourist attractions.
The hotel's restaurant '38' is of great service and high quality food. Internet access is not included in the room rates, which I think is a real pitty for the standard of this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Voyageur_expedia, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Dear SaladaVer,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on the TripAdvisor site, and tell you that I do really appreciate the time you spent to send your comments.

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give (despite the fact that we hadn't fullfill all your expectation - the wirelees internet should be free at the end of the year in our hotel), it is certain that your letter pushes us to continue our efforts as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s efforts contribute to make our guests’stay pleasant.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Gray d’Albion,
Yours faithfully

François PORTIGLIA
Managing Director
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Nice hotel in great location. Room is smaller than expected but still comfortable. Many annoying details to put off though. No swimming pool or fitness centre. Parking is limited and expensive. Pretentious attitude is reflected in poor service and sky-high prices for room service, minibar and beach service at almost €40 a day. Food is not great but there are many good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Voyageur_expedia, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Dear PaulMartins,

This mail to inform you that I carefully read your comments that you sent through TRIPADVISOR after your stay at the GRAY D’ALBION HOTEL.

We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotels, and I deeply regret that the service you were given at the GRAY D’ALBION has not been up to your expectations.

I want you to know that we consider your guests’ comments with importance and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach an irreproachable level of service, which obviously, has not been the case this time for the food and beverage service and the general value for money of your stay.

I personally listed what went wrong with the heads of department concerned. Measures have been taken to remedy those problems which again, I regret. Usually, the quality of service of that hotel is held in high reputation but, this time, it has not been at the level of its reputation, and I wish you could accept our apologies.

However, I hope you will still trust us, remain a guest of our hotel, and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again during the low or mid season which is more affordable. If you do so, don’t hesitate to call me for your next reservation. I will personally take care of your accommodation.

Hoping you will give us a chance to show you that the GRAY D’ALBION can be up to your expectations.

Yours faithfully.

François PORTIGLIA.
Managing Director.
Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

I go regularly to Cannes on business and always stay at the hotel Gray d'Albion. Staff is very helpful, rooms are well appointed, location is perfect. Pricey but good value.

Room Tip: I recommend the rooms overlooking the garden
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

I am a business traveller, and when I arrive, I'm tired, and just need some room service, some internet, and to get to some time-critical work.

Ordering room service here goes as follows:
Call room service. No answer. (7P)
Call room service. No answer. (7:15P)
Call front desk. No answer (7:20P)
Now the phones in the room are dead because they weren't charged prior to my arrival.
Go down to front desk to tell them we need room service (7:30P)
Told that it's not possible because the people at room service aren't answering the phone.
When asked, "so what should I do to get room service?"
Told don't know, maybe try calling them later.

It's now 8:15, and nothing.

This isn't a big deal. And someone else is paying for the room, which is upwards of $500/night. I don't like to complain about silly things, but paying $500 for a "nice" hotel in Cannes with service that *literally* shrug their shoulders at the idea that you would want to order something off the room service menu (a $40 hamburger) is *nowhere you want to stay.*

I've stayed in a lot of other hotels in Cannes, and they understand that people who come here are not necessarily on vacation, but rather, on deadline and appreciative of good service. I look forward to staying in those hotels again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Voyageur_expedia, Directeur général at Hotel Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Dear sl_fpo.,

I was very concerned with your yesterday’s comment, posted on TRIPADVISOR website.

We always pay special attention to our customers’ comments and opinions in order to improve service and reach the impeccable standard you are entitled to expect from a hotel like ours. In consequence, I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that occurred yesterday morning. We constantly endeavour to provide the high-quality service that we consider Lucien BARRIERE hotels represent and profusely regret that this incidence tainted your opinion of our hotel.

Without going into the specific circumstances of your comment, I would like to draw your attention to a few of the points mentioned in your message :

- Since last Sunday, we have met problems with our telephone switch board, reason why you had such difficulties to reach our room-service. This problem should be solved today ;
- I do apologize for the answer given by our front office attendant ; she should have taken your order. I have met my Front Office Manager, and the employee concerned, who obviously couldn’t give me any explanation about her behaviour ;

Once again, accept my sincere apologies, hoping you will give us a chance to show you during the rest of your stay until next Thursday, that the Gray d’Albion Hotel can be up to your expectations.

I remain,

François Portiglia

Been to Hotel Gray d'Albion? Share your experiences!