“Best location in Cannes” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Cannes

You added JW Marriott Cannes to your Saves list
JW Marriott Cannes
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 boulevard de la Croisette, 06414 Cannes, France (Formerly Palais Stephanié)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #40 of 135 Hotels in Cannes
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Guayaquil, Ecuador
“Best location in Cannes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Service was so great that I did wakService was reliable and great.
The day I had to go to Nice to catch my 12.30PM fight to Madrid, I woke up late. I overslept. If I had returned the vehicle I rented, I would have missed my flight. Hotel Concierge and his assistant went beyond duty and offered themselves to return to vehicle, what they did. And I was able to catch my plane.
Rooms are pretty big, nice and comfortable. The only not great thing about the Hotel is the Food. Very regular.
If you are a Tourist, Investigate high season weeks. Price could be 500 Euros for a regular small not ocean view room.
Very recommendable hotel. The best location in Cannes. Better, impossible. A very pleasant stay.
e up late the day I had tyo go to Nice to catch

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Turkish first
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Couldn't ask for a better location than this, in the center of town and across the street from the beach. Service was excellent with staff going out of their way to make sure you were happy. Breakfast was superb and a great view of the beach from the outside patio.
Great beach views from room and also from the rooftop.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed 6 nights here and had a great time! The King bed is absolutely heavenly! Despite the noise from the music festival our sea-view room on the 2nd floor was very quiet. Housekeeping did a good job and our linens etc seemed brand new and turn down service occurred every night. Breakfast outside on the veranda overlooking the beach and La Croisette was what we loved......wish we were still there! The 6th floor rooftop pool needs renovation but was okay to use and had bar service. A little bit of a surprise to us was having to pay for beach loungers.....we thought it was always included but is not. Would love to return here again!!

Room Tip: Seaview is best.
Solihull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My wife and I stayed there for 4 nights (from 21st April 2014). When we arrived, our room wasn't ready even though we had emailed and confirmed the time. Never mind, went for lunch and came back and it was ready. Entrance / Lobby is beautiful and a very nice bar. The outside area to have drinks and breakfast is excellent. Room was very clean. We had issues with the air con on the first day but reception resolved that ASAP.
We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves but not giving 5 stars as for the price you pay, it's not quite 5 star as compared to other J W Marriott's. Nevertheless, it's still a great hotel and I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: We didn't have a great view. Splash a little more cash and get the seaside view. OR a suite !
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Laguna Beach, Ca.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I have stayed at Marriott properties all over the world. I won a Marriott time share in Phuket and generally I have been very pleased with my experience in other Marriott hotels. We checked into this Marriott in Cannes France, and were viciously attacked by bedbugs the 1st and 2nd nights. They claimed they checked the rooms but could not find any, and this was nonsense as the bites were all over my wife and I. Their total response was a cheap 1/2 bottle of Rose and some chocolates and told me to go on my way. I would not stay here again if it was free instead of 420 euro/night. Beware and pick another hotel in Cannes.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kalliopi_Paroussi, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Cannes, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear ashanberg,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on our TripAdvisor webpage.

Please be advised that following your comments, a complete and thorough investigation occurred in the entire room you stayed in by both the Director of Services and pest control company, which revealed high levels of cleanliness and certified no signs of any bed bugs.

To ensure you that the proper control and follow up was made during your absence from your room we sent you a note of explanation together with a small amenity. Please note that this was not meant to be offered as a compensation for the reported incident.

Marriott prides itself for the cleanliness of the Hotels, follows very high standards with regards to hygiene and makes sure that the room environment is as spotless as possible. There are always cases where additional steps can be taken to avoid any flaws occurred, however we are taking all due care to make sure the guest receives the best possible service including living in a very clean room.

We are sorry about the described experience, however all evidence shows that this did not occur in our Hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should there is anything else we could assist you with and I remain for any further clarification you may enquire.

Thank you once again for your comments, and we do hope to have the occasion to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Kalliopi Paroussi
Guest Relations Manager
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

As a platinum elite member, I always gave high expectation to JW Marriott. However, when I stayed in JW Marriott Cannes last week, I found that there was a serious problem.

When we went to breakfast one day, no one leading us to the table, so we choose one to sit. Few minutes later, one stuff came and seems very unhappy about where we sat, she Knock the table and said:"This is for lunch!" Oh please....

I was going to report when I checked out, but the reception didn't ask my stay experience at all. So I didn't brother to tell then. But I did reported it when I received a survey email from Marriott.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mr _K1027,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the JW Marriott Cannes.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the fact that your stay did not meet your expectations and at the same time we would like to thank you for having already contacted us through a private message where we could further discuss this.

Once more we thank you for sharing your experience with us and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the JW Marriott Cannes.

Best Regards,

Kalliopi Paroussi
Guest Relations Manager
Breckenridge, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

From here you can walk to all the cool places in Cannes. We loved the perfumed lobby, staff that is helpful and friendly at all times, wonderful, clean room (with large bathrooms), free Wifi and free breakfast (Marriott Platinum Status) and the location - in the midst of great restaurants, great shopping and with its own private beach. We believe you will love every minute here and cannot imagine a nicer place to stay in Cannes. We extended our stay two nights as we loved everything about this place. Every room has black & white movie star pictures in it - a lovely touch in a "Movie Festival City". The concierge is very knowledgeable and got us to locals places in Antibes and Saint Tropes - not an easy task.

Room Tip: The windows are soundproof, so that you'll sleep in silence even if you have a room facing the o...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Cannes? Share your experiences!