“Really nice hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Cannes Riviera & Spa

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Cannes Riviera & Spa to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Cannes Riviera & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16, Boulevard d'Alsace, 06400 Cannes, France (Formerly Quality Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
25% Rabatt *
Ranked #52 of 136 Hotels in Cannes
Lisbon, Portugal
“Really nice hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have stayed fo one night and this hotel is really good! The room is modern and comfortable, the rooftop poll offer a really nice sea and mountain views. The breakfast was really good! The inter net was free and fast, and the Staff really welcoming! I recommend!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My partner and I returned from this hotel on Saturday 6th October. We had a wonderful experience, the staff were extremely welcoming and the lady at breakfast couldn't do enough for you. We stayed in room 631 which was lovely and quiet and overlooked the terrace. The room was spotless and had everything you could want. I think some of the reviews have been very unfair as personally we could not fault the service or the hotel in any way. The hotel is in an ideal position for getting about. We caught the train most days to explore the different areas. Although you have to go through an underpass it is well used, well lit and it was being painted when we were there. I can understand that a lone female may feel a little worried but there are cameras there as well. One of the tips I had read which was useful was to ask for a coffee making tray. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and can not thank the staff enough.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Larnaka, Cyprus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had the worse behavior from the receptionist when we had complained for the triple room we had booked for me, my husband and our 17 year old daughter which actually was a tiny double room that they had tried unsuccesfully to fit a third bed, a camp bed which it did not even fit straight in the room and on top of that they had to change it twice since both were broken before we even use them. The stubit receptionist after saying in english that she could not do anything or change the room she continued talking in french and ignored us completely. She even cursed my husband in french when we insisted to have a bigger room. We had asked repeatedly to see the manager but they always said he was out. Somebody should teach them some manners. Also the breakfast is veryyy poor. NEVER AGAIN to this hotel!!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
cannesriviera, Receptionist at BEST WESTERN Cannes Riviera & Spa, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Madam,

A criticism is acceptable when honest and genuinely critical, that is to say critical of something for sound and unbiased reasons. Your husband warned us and said that he would write an online review unless we would grant him a special discount. We refused and are thus not very surprised to receive a complaint from you today.

You came here in Cannes and stayed with a Cypriot group. As we have explained you here at your arrival, we do not have any triple room in our hotel. A roll-away bed may be proposed for children under 12 willing to share the parent’s room. Your travel agent knew this, recognised his fault, and found for you a solution. He booked an alternative hotel for both the driver and the guide in order to give you their rooms since our hotel was fully booked. This solution was found at the initiative of the driver, who apologised on your behalf for your aggressive behavior. We would like to point out that your attitude has shocked other travelers and regret a few of them complained at the reception.

Furthermore, we have noticed that you have posted another review on the 24th of September for a hotel in Genoa mentioning the same problem as you have experienced here in Cannes. As you put it yourself, you “shouted” and have acted just the same. We do not doubt you would blackmail them into offering you something as you have tried here in Cannes.

You may contact your travel agent if you have questions with your original reservation but there is obviously nothing more we can do for you.

Best regards from Cannes,

Pierre / Reception
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

decent price (about 100eur/night in August) for a 4 stars in that region. price is lower than other 4 stars in the region (probably because its position on the back on the scene), but its just 3-4 minutes from everything. Location near the station (TGV and RER) was an advantage for me.

room was small but who cares when in Cannes.

AC works well, room was quite as well.

Fast WIFI

Room Tip: consider your transportation means when picking up an hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We spent a week in this hotel and were satisfied in general. I am quite sensitive to noises at night, but I was not bothered by the trains. The view from our room, however, was directly to the station and the road above. At least we had an immediate information about the traffic outside :)
Unless others, we found out immediately how to cross the station :)

The breakfast was very good, we always had a very active lady there, who did not allow us to make coffee or juice for ourselves :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I reserved for 2 nights. The sencond day after I had my breakfast at 11 Am I went to the beach and when came back. My suitcases were at the reception and the front desk told me I had to pay for Late check out. THey didn't realize that still had my reservation for the next they. And when I saw my suitcase and such a mess inside it.. I freaked out!!!! They took off all my stuffs (including my underwear) from the closet and put into my suitcase asking me to apologize them. URghhh!!!! I asked to talk to the manager and he kept saying the manager was out of the hotel, but HE WAS THE MANAGER! He was laughing at me... Stupid Guy! I wanted to call the police but because I'm not french I decided to complain about the situation and they gave me a upgrade room like the presidential room. I don't think it was worth it. I won't returne there because of the worse service despite the young and nice lady from the staff at breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
cannesriviera, Reception at BEST WESTERN Cannes Riviera & Spa, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear Madam,

We are surprised by your commentaries. You have been in contact both with us and Best Western International regarding this situation. The agency that has booked for you made a mistake and had reserved two seperate bookings under your name with a week interval between receipt of the two bookings. The names on the reservations were spelled differently and the voucher you gave at check-in did not mention that second night.

You have been given explanations by Best Western International and have been offered a gift card and as you mention it an upgrade in one of our Suites.

We are really sorry that you still hold us responsible for this situation and look forward to accommodating you here in Cannes in better conditions.

Best regards from Cannes,

Pierre / Reception
Estoril, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I am a travel agent in Portugal and was attending a trade show in Cannes, the price was very good and the hotel was a great surprise.
Location: rigth outside the train stop, some construction going on at the moment but no noise in the hotel. 2 minutes walking from Rue des Antibes (central portion of it) and 5 minutes walking to Palais des Festivals so very convenient.
Room: was on the 5th floor. Small but with everything you need, very comfortable bed, working desk (very small one), free Wi Fi that works very well. Very well kept;
Bathroom: small but fully equiped with bathtub and very well maintained also. Not many amenities;
Breakfast: very complete and savoury, they try to make one or two special things each day which also helps keeping it very good;
Service: really nice people everywhere, from front desk to breakfast. 5* here!
General: great affordable option, keep up the good work!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Cannes Riviera & Spa? Share your experiences!