My wife and I were on a short business trip in September and hade made a 3 night booking some weeks prior with Golden Tulip Hotel de Paris. When we arrived to book in were amazed to be told that they didn't have a room as the hotel was fully booked. However, we were told they had booked us into their 'sister' establishment, Cannes Riviera Hotel 5 minutes walk away. When we arrived there we found this was a Best Western Hotel and when we queried how it was possible for these two establishments to be connected we found the link was actually brothers one of whom owned The Riviera and the other managing The Hotel de Paris.
The receptionist said he couldn't find a booking in our name but eventually found it amongst a stack of papers. We asked if our booking included breakfast and he confirmed it did. The room was OK but the hotel in general had few facilities and was not somewhere we would have chosen for a three night stay.In fact we had seen it during our hotel research and rejected it. The truth is it's really suited for coach parties probably staying just overnight. Yet this hotel has a 4 star rating! The Hotel information book has almost nothing to say about it's facilities but devotes the greater part to its extensive alcohol list. However, the hotel bar has nothing to commend it and we never saw anybody using it. Probably members of a coach party might as they are not going to be staying there another night. The breakfast was dire, and just the same boring fare every day and not of great quality Just to add insult to injury when we checked out the receptionist said the information about breakfast being included was wrong and we were clocked a futher 90eu on our bill.
We have made our complaints clear to the agent through whom we made the booking and they were helpful and sympathetic. In fact they tried to get the breakfast charge refunded but neither hotel was prepared to oblige. So the agent picked up the tab as a gesture of good will which they were under no obligation to do.
Will we use this hotel again? No and wouldn't have done so in the first place. Our initial judgement ws correct and we certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Cannes Riviera Hotel Cannes
- Best Western Cannes Riviera Hotel
- Best Western Cannes
- Cannes Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Cannes Riviera a 4 stars hotels completly renovated propose to its guest 63 rooms and suites, a whisky Bar, a landscape terrasse for your Buffet Breakfast, a swimming pool on the roof of the Hotel with a panoramic view ont Cannes, a Private Garage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Venere and Fastbooking so you can book your BEST WESTERN CANNES RIVIERA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.