“Hotel is OK, but no minibar, nor refridgerator in the room” 3 of 5 stars

Novotel Cannes Montfleury
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Avenue Beausejour, 06400 Cannes, France   |
Ranked #54 of 136 Hotels in Cannes
Lochristi, Belgium
“Hotel is OK, but no minibar, nor refridgerator in the room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last week, with a family of 5 - our 3 children were in a connecting room, this was very useful and practical. The rooms are a bit small but OK. The bathroom is OK, but every time you take a shower... the floor gets wet... The double beds are horrible... My husband and I did not sleep very well in this bed. First of all it is too narrow and secondly, it is not stable. When one person moves for instance from his back to his side... the other person wakes up because the movement in the matrass/bed... The kids had single beds and these were fine. Please urgently invest in new double beds.... Furthermore we did not like it at all that we could not have a cold drink in the room. The minibar was blocked due to a computerproblem, we were told. It would be much better to have a nice small empty refridgerator in the room, so that people can buy there own cold drinks and store them in their room. Especially with children in the room, this is often needed. The shuttle bus situation is really not OK. Very often people book it and don't show up for their ride, and then others who want to book it are turned down. It would be better to have a dedicated chauffeur (during the high season) who is driving upon demand... It was frustrating to see bus driving up and down with two persons... while we were turned downed just minutes before because it was 'fully' booked. It is also not easy to take a taxi with 5 persons (taxi take only max. 4 persons). so the navette is really needed for families....
The breakfast and food is nice, and the staff is really friendly.
Overall we had an OK stay in Cannes, but we will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Eric R, Directeur général at Novotel Cannes Montfleury, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for answering our questionnaire. I appreciate the time you took to share the problems you encountered during your stay.
Firstly, please allow me to say how sorry I am that these issues affected your satisfaction during your stay in my hotel.
About the minibar we rather condemn them, they’re not producing any cold due to a bad connection and unfortunately new minibars won't be delivering before end of September. So we put fresh drinks and snack in the lobby at disposal or room service.
The shuttle bus is free and at disposal and there are 3 drivers during summer time.
I remain at your disposal for any information you may need
Frederic WENDT
Front office manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Despite the bad location which is really very far from the beach. but the price of the hotel is really very high compared to the dated rooms and lack of modern touches on the whole hotel!

The only advantges are the free parking and good breakfast buffet.

Defenetely , will not reccomend this hotel at all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Eric R, Directeur général at Novotel Cannes Montfleury, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
The Novotel Cannes Montfleury is the only hotel proposing a free parking in Cannes and on our website the hotel is not located on the beach but at 10 minutes walk from the beach.
We have a free shuttle that brings our guest to La Croisette in less then 6 minutes.
Your comments about the room were taken into account and will be incorporated into the next investment program for the renovation of the hotel.
Hoping that you will grant us a second chance to serve you as it should.
Frédéric WENDT
Chef de réception
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is my second time to stay at this hotel, and it might be actually the last one. I was shocked that there weren't any renovations, as the hotel and the rooms are in need of renovation asap.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, breakfast buffet is rich, although I must say that the eggs tasted horrible, but it wasn't an issue as there was a lot to offer.

We haven't used the swimming pool at all as we wanted to go to the beach every day.

a big problem that faced us is that you have to reserve the shuttle when you want to leave during the day or even the evening, as it tends to be fully booked most of the time, then you end up paying 10-15 euros for a taxi to the croisette/beach side. I absolutely recommend that the hotel should consider having two shuttles in peek times at least, or offering the shuttle every 30 minutes instead of 1 hour, even if the concierge drives the shuttle, it is an important service for the guests. Mind you that it is not an easy walk to Rue d'antibes or the closet mini market.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Eric R, Directeur général at Novotel Cannes Montfleury, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
From 137 hotels in Cannes, only two offer a free shuttle service the Novotel Montfleury included. I understand your comments perfectly and I can assure you that we work to ensure that our service becomes perfect. Therefore we increase the frequency of trips according to demand and traffic, on arrival of our customers we ask their mobile number in order to reach them in case of delays.
We are looking forward to welcome you back.
Frédéric WENDT
Front Office Manager
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed in this hotel whilst attending a conference here. With respect to the conference, that took place in the hotel, everything seemed well organised and prepared. One thing that was not very good was the food in the hotel. The breakfasts were amazing, a lot of choice from bakery and pancakes to eggs with bacon. The lunch or dinner however was a completely different story. The lunch at the conference was pretty bad. In my opinion, a side dish such as rice or potatoes should have been provided but never were. The deserts were the only thing that was delicious from the whole lunch menu. With respect to the room, it was clean, spacious and very practical. My room had a view of the hill and it was quite nice. The bathroom was nice, a bit run down though. Air-con worked very well. Iron and tea&coffee making facilities were also available. Comfortable and clean but a bit tired. The hotel is about 10-min walk from the sea. It does have a nice swimming pool and you are provided with a towel upon your arrival. I would recommend this hotel if that was the best one in this price range one could get. I personally would shop around for a hotel with a bit more French character.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Directeur général at Novotel Cannes Montfleury, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Novotel Cannes Montfleury. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Be assured we have forwarded your nice comments to our team.
We are looking forward to welcome you back.
Worthing UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights for a business conference. It's a pleasant hotel with the usual amenities but there are some problems to be aware of>

1) Wifi is terrible. Slow and frequent drop-outs
2) A large building site next door. I appreciate that the hotel has no control over this, but travelers beware that works starts before 9am. It was audible from my room and, of course, the pool area.
3) No minibar in my room - not even a bottle of water to quench that midnight thirst.
4) Pool area bar/staff is poor. I sat at a table - and after 45mins ended up clearing dirty glasses way (from the previous occupants) myself.
5) Lunch was mediocre.

Don't get me wrong, for the price it's a convenient place to stay in Cannes. The walk into town is pleasant and takes no more than 15 minutes. The 'english' bar manager in the lobby bar makes a great cocktail and in general the staff are pleasant and very helpful. The rooms are well appointed (ask for a room overlooking the pool) and clean. For the familiarity factor I'd likely stay again. They just need to work on the little details.

Room Tip: Check status of the building work prior to booking (see my uploaded photo)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Eric R, Directeur général at Novotel Cannes Montfleury, responded to this review, August 29, 2012

1/ Concerning WIFI, our provider have increased the the speed.
2/ Concerning construction site, this project will be completed mid-2013 and will be born one additional free pool, 6 tennis courts and an exotic garden of 6000 m2.
3/ About the minibar we rather condemn them, they’re not producing any cold due to a bad connection and unfortunately new minibars won't be delivering before few weeks. So we put fresh drinks and snack in the lobby at disposal.
4/ Concerning your experience with my staff in restaurant and pool area, your comments have been transmitted to the Food and Beverage Manager.

Be sure that your comments about the staff and their services have been transmitted.

I hope I will welcome you another time at the Novotel Cannes Montfleury.

Eric Rajaud,
Twyford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Never thought I would admit that staying in a Novotel Hotel on business would be anything worth shouting about. Well I have to eat my words. The Montfleury Hotel has everything you need, including excellent leisure faciltities too. Once again, was there on a 3 day business conference, and was excellently run.

Not to far to walk to the main tourist areas, but be prepared for a long walk uphill back to the hotel, but then you will burn of the calories you've just added to the waist line.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room that also overlooks the swimming pool. Fanastic view over the Med and to the...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

We are looking forward to welcome you back for a business trip or for a leisure trip.

Eric Rajaud
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here recently for a sales and marketing conference. The hotel serves both as a business and holiday venue but is a bit lacking for the larger than average business conference.

The wifi was intermittent with no onsite technical support which was our biggest headache but was resolved by our team (well done guys)

The remainder of the hotel is standard Novotel, clean and comfortable if a little sparse. The hotel has a good size pool but it is quite cramped around the sun loungers when busy.

Overall I would rate this hotel a 3 star from my experience, staff friendly and helpful and the site was in a god quiet location.

Eric Rajaud
General Manager Novotel Cannes Montfleury

Been to Novotel Cannes Montfleury? Share your experiences!