“Small hotel with one parking space!” 3 of 5 stars

You added Cannes Garden Hotel to your Saves list
Cannes Garden Hotel
112 rue d'Antibes, 7 rue Molieres, 06400 Cannes, France   |
Ranked #122 of 135 Hotels in Cannes
“Small hotel with one parking space!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Reception area is a mess with a very poor cluttered breakfast area. So called balcony area was tiny with nowhere to sit and the glass doors were cracked. Despite having booked some 6 weeks before and payment taken, our reservation had been "lost" according to the lady and she offered a 25% rebate as there was not a suitable room that matched our booking. I refused this and said that I wanted a full rebate and would make my own arrangements. Within 2 minutes a room of the specification had been made available!
The room was clean but barely adequate. We refused breakfast at an additional charge as the space was horrible.
Finally, despite being a Sunday with free street parking we spent 15 minutes looking for somewhere to no avail and ended up having to pay the equivalent of £35 for overnight parking in an adjacent hotel underground car park.

We loved Cannes though and the hotel was situated close to all amenities.

Room Tip: Check out parking if travelling by car!
Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was staying in this hotel for about a week. It was for the Cannes Lion festival of creativity. They had allotted me this hotel, and as everyone does so did i.. looked at it online to see how the place was. I read all the 9 reviews posted before mine and was very scared.
So when i reached there i entered with negative expectations. But, to my surprise the place was NOT BAD! The location is awesome!! its right on the shopping street which is buzzing with people throughout the day. Its close to Palais de Festival, the beach and the station.
I had a single room without balcony. It was very small (so small that i could bump into myself) but enough space for a slim person like me ;) The room and the bathroom was spick and span. The breakfast was a little disappointment but there are lots of places around from where you can get crepes or pancakes. The staff was very friendly and helpful. All in all A Pleasant Surprise :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Hertfordshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Stayed here recently for a conference - thankfully I didn't have to spend more than a few hours a night in the room. - it is possibly the worst hotel that I have ever had the miss fortune to stay in ( and I have stayed in a few bad ones ).
Yes its on the main shopping street and yes its a few minutes walk from the seafront - but that is it - the rooms are poorly furnished and not that clean / the bed are as hard as rock and the bathrooms are old and the tiles cracked - no food or drink facilities ( apart from a vending machine ) - no night staff - no ineternet access - overall I wouldn't give it 1 star let alone the 2 / 3 its suposed to be.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

I have not been back to check but in March 2008 if I remember rightly, at the start of the exhibition/conference season I was shown to a newly painted (and smelt like it) bedroom - the bathroom was as knackered as the previous year . . . I unpacked and went out to dinner. (No night staff)
On getting into bed I found that the sheets were dirty - complete with pubic hair - euuugh and as I found out in the morning I has shared my slumber with bed bugs (which took the best part of a year to heal the bites).
Yes they changed the bedding but the complacency with which the Dutch owners handled these things was unbelievable . . . No apology, and I had stayed there for 4+ years Never again for moi !, not worth the risk.
Oh, and window open all night because of the smell of paint - why don't they think of doing these things at the end of a season ? !

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

The biggest disapointment in my holidays was the Cannes Garden Hotel. I had been told through booking.com that this was a 3 star hotel. It was not (it even had 2 stars on their sign outside). They had good rooms with a balcony and facing the garden, but this was not for me. I was placed in the back of the hotel in a dark and sad room. When I complained I was told that this was what I had payed for and it was their only available room. And since it had been payed for in advance I was stuck. They also say they have safe deposit boxes in the rooms, but I could't find anything looking like a safe place to but the belongings i didn't want to loose. I also had to ask them to change the linens on the bed after staying 4 nights. The reply was that they had not gone into my room to clean it because they thought I was sleeping all day. I was shocked since I had left the room early every morning...who want to stay in a dirty and dark room all day? The only good thing to say about this hotel after my visit is the location. Perfectly placed between the beach and the shopping/restaurant area. But for 70 euros a night I think I would have been better off in an another hotel. Its better to be happy in a 2 star hotel than in a "so called" 3 star hotel with all the disapointments.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Turku, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

Garden Hotel is a very decent budget option in the heart of Cannes if you manage to book it at a good rate. Our rate was 63 eur/night for a double room and we were very pleased with our short stay. It is a no thrills place with average size rooms and good size bathrooms. Airconditioner worked perfectly and there was also a lovely little balcony facing the small garden in front of hotel. Our room was facing a quite street (rue Molieres) and there are also good blinds on the window, therefore the quality of sleep was good. Personel was very friendly and helpful. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel, but they do offer one. Location was great. Rue d'Antibes is the main shopping street, plenty of bars and restaurants nearby and approx 7 min walk to the sea front. There is also a free Wi-Fi available. I have nothing to complaint about, accept maybe the rather thin walls.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Cannes Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!