“4 night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 136 Hotels in Cannes
London, United Kingdom
“4 night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We came to stay at villa garbo after hearing excellent reviews on here.

I must say the service was excellent, the staff very attentive. And the whole place very clean.

We had a place on the ground floor and it was really big. I was surprised by the high ceilings and spec of it all. Really enjoyed the kitchen. Didn't use it a lot but having to ability to fill the fridge up with cold drinks was such a bonus.

Having stayed at the Carlton before in the standard rooms we felt a change to see what else was available and this was definitely better. In terms of the breakfast and the general value for money.

Our friends were all at the Martinez this year and the only thing we found a bit annoying was the walk form the front. It's not far maybe 350 metres or so, but when your drunk at night making your way back it was a bit of a chore. Still we knew this before hand and it wasn't too much a problem.

Honestly if you are thinking about taking a stay at the villa garbo I wouldn't hesitate in doing so. It's secure from passers by and only having 11 rooms in it it's very quiet.

If your budget can stretch to a garden suite at the Martinez though I'd stay there.

Excellent in all and we would recommend to anyone in all fairness. Really friendly and not budget or standard at all. Far better than the standard rooms at the Carlton in my experience.

Having the supermarket next door also a big help, if you have a family then I would suggest also staying here. Really is ideal. Just depends on what you desire and your budget.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We spent 4 nights in a lovely suite.
Delightful staff who can't do enough for you.
Very good breakfast on the terrace in glorious Cannes sunshine before heading out for days on the beach and touring. Early evening 'open bar' is an added delightful touch.

Stayed July 2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Having stayed at the Martinez and Intercontinental several times with work,I was pleasantly surprised to find this little gem - same price as the big hotels but great service and all the small touches

Room Tip: we had a great suite on the ground floor with loads of room and really benefited from the kitchen fo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Preston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We also have just returned from a weeks stay at the Villa Garbo. Alison, the previous reviewer was there at the same time as myself, my wife and son and to be honest has wrote everything I would have done. We are going back next year and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. Absolutely fantastic place and people and we miss them all as though they are our family.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ChristineWELTER, Propriétaire at Villa Garbo, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you very much for your great comment. We are so happy to see customers coming back and feeling as part of the family . As owners of Villa Garbo, our main goal is that our clients feel welcome like friends at home . It seems that this is the feeling you had staying with us.
Hotel business is not only about accomodation, breakfasts, design but more than anything about relationships and hospitality.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in Cannes at Villa Garbo, your second home ,

Very kind regards
Christine WELTER
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have just arrived back from a weeks holiday at Villa Garbo and from the moment we arrived to the moment we left it was just beautiful. Valerie (hotel manager) was totally committed to making our holiday perfect, and together with her team (Anna and Anastasia) they achieved perfection. Throughout the booking process, to arrival, meeting and greeting, the room, the decoration, the breakfast, the drinks reception each evening..... everything was so special. BUT not just in a flash hotel type of way ... Villa Garbo becomes your home, your little sanctuary, a place to completely relax, unwind and have fun in luxurious and beautiful surroundings. Valerie's restaurant recommendations were all top notch (without the top notch price tag!). Breakfast was delicious, the drinks reception in the eve was a lovely treat and the whole villa is spotless. Short walk to the main shopping street, the beach, the supermarket, the train station and so many cafe bars and restaurants. It truly is a unique holiday experience (I cried when I left ... it was that good!) and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting cannes.

Room Tip: Spend a little more and stay in a suite if you can afford it .... well worth the money
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Milan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

From first contact to check out we were treated like family. This small boutique hotel was very comfortable, spacious rooms (we had a suite) and very helpful staff, especially Valerie & Anna. The room had all the amenities required for vacation or business. It is only a short stroll from the boardwalk of Cannes and located in the centre of shops and restaurants. Very safe location for walking around day or night. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and look forward to a return visit. It was a pleasure to have such personalized care, there was even home baking one morning for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I travel to Cannes for a week-long business trip and have had the good fortune to stay at Villa Garbo in October of 2013 and again in April 2014. Valerie the manager and Guy the owner took great care to make Villa Garbo a refuge for me after a long day in business meetings. Every day that I walked in the absolutely lovely, living-room like entrance of the hotel, I could feel my whole body relax. A couple of evenings I took advantage of the cocktail hour and had a really nice glass of rose in front of the magnificent fireplace, counting my lucky stars that my work brings me to such a beautiful spot. But the reason I was moved to write was to tell a very specific story about their extraordinary service....when I left the Garbo, I took a train with a friend up to Paris. The next day, Friday evening at 6 pm, I discovered I'd left my passport back in the room safe at the Garbo...I was scheduled to fly out on Sunday morning at 10. As panic began to set in when I realized I'd missed the DHL deadline and the US Embassy couldn't help until Monday, Valerie and Christine worked to find a solution that wouldn't cost a small fortune. In the end, an employee from the hotel agreed to fly to Paris and bring me my passport for far less than the price of a courier service, which saved me spending the rest of my vacation taking the train there and back. I can't imagine another hotel offering this kindness, I am immensely grateful and have already planned my next stay at Villa Garbo!

Room Tip: Had the suite with the terrace - a beautiful place to set and read or share a bottle of wine
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Villa Garbo? Share your experiences!