If you r looking for a romantic vacation with a true French medieval experience of cozy charming rooms, breathtaking views, cobblestone streets and away from corrupted and noisy streets of Nice- this is the place.
We would go back there in a heartbeat.
Amazing breakfast on a veranda with a view of the sea and the valley. Rooms filled with light in medieval decor, like on a cloud beds! Everything that we looked for!
Nice is 10 minutes by car, unless you r stuck in a traffic jam( usual for the summer time), but we would not want to stay in Nice, even on the Promenade des Anglais- steps away from the beaches.
Here you were far frOm the beach ( not a walking distance)- but we came to France to enjoy France and not the beach. ( although we ended up on the beach every day we were there)
Highly recommend if you r looking for a romantic unforgettable full of positive memories place.
Service was not that great, including with giving us directions to places where to go- it felt like we were bothering everyone with requests to give us directions or print them out- and it took forever to get the staff help us with it..Internet connection was poor and we had to again- "bother" staff to search for directions and/ or other vacation needs- due to inability doing it on time at the hotel- we had to do it in person at the venue later- very inconvenient.
and there were no iron in the room- very weird...
But the above is not to complain- as the stay at te hotel was one of the best experiences ( not counting the staff attitude and Internet not working) this is just for the owners/ managers to improve to its best.
A warning: narrow streets- just leave your car at the parking as the hotel staff recommends- here the staff were amazing in helping us bringing our belongings and driving us to and from the parking lot( although you can easily walk, if without the luggage). Gregory was very helpful in making sure we got to our car and brought our bags from our car upon arrival! Super friendly:)
AGAIN: highly recommend! At the top of the list of hotels We have been to. True French fairy tale:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk into a true French Fairytale, by entering the doors to this magnificent and romantic Castle from the 13th century, situated on the French Riviera overlooking the Mediterranean Sea...Enjoy staying in one of our 26 rooms and suites uniquely decorated rooms with local antiques and if you love reading why not relax, read or play chess in our cozy library, where you will find a cannonball from the Waterloo battle beneath the portrait of Napoleon, made when he sat in the prison in Nice. For breakfast indulge in our home made specialties and local produce, whilst enjoying the extraordinary view. Explore and go on a guided tour around the village on its medieval cobbled streets… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Fastbooking and Splendia so you can book your Chateau Le Cagnard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Cagnard Hotel Cagnes-Sur-Mer
- Le Cagnard Cagnes Sur Mer