“5 Star Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 40 Restaurants in Biot
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“5 Star Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Five adults are on 14.5.2013 at 8pm - recommend booking as this is a popular place. We came 2 years ago when staying in Biot. We walked this time but there is a very nearby car park. Staff are great and happy to speak English and explain the menu thoroughly and they certainly did not seem bored with it. There are 3 fixed priced menus to choose from and we went rim-range at 33 Euro which includes service. The choices are varied. The food is Michelin grade and in London where we come from you would have to wait a month to get a reservation for this quality of food at this price. They were even kind enough to warn our daughter that a rae steak would be warm but more or less rare which was a thoughtful touch. None of us could fault anything. If you had to criticise then the service is quick which will suit our USA friends but they had no problem waiting 10 mins or so before serving dessert. I also though it odd there was no music even though speakers could be seen. I don't think dining gets much better than this and this restaurant must be first or second in this locality. Enjoy!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Leeds, United Kingdom
“character restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Apart from very tricky parking & best to visit in cooler months, the atmosphere of this cellar restaurant makes it a pleasing venue. A bit loud if full but good rustic food.

“Michelin quality, fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Food, service, presentation superb! Faultless, it was Michelin star quality at a very affordable price!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Antibes, France
“Still good, but it would be nice if they could change the menu from time to time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I reviewed La Pierre à Four a while back after one of my first visits there and gave it 5 stars. I had found the food to be interesting, delicious and well-presented.

Two years on, and as we live close by, we have been to La Pierre à Four on numerous occasions. We went again a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say I was a little disappointed. The menus have been exactly the same since we started going there, and I have now tried just about everything on them. The handmade cheese selection, which originally excited me with its originality, remains unchanged too. What had once been a culinary adventure for me had now become, I hate to say it, but a little boring.

I still enjoyed a very nice meal on our last visit, but I feel that the chefs have so much more to offer. On our last visit, I felt that the service was lacking enthusiasm, and I imagine this is also to do with the fact that the staff are just a bit tired of serving the same dishes night after night, with nothing new and exciting to offer. If I, as the punter, have lost interest in the food, I can only imagine how the guys who cook and serve it every day must feel.

If you haven't been, you must, as the food is lovely, and on your first visit, you will surely feel the same sense of enthusiasm that I first had when I went there. But as a note to the owners, please consider shaking things up a bit from time to time so that I can feel as excited about my next visit to you as I would about my next trip to the nearby L’Ecole des Filles.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cairns, Australia
“Good food, bit pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I had an excellent brioche with foie gras and the best snails I've had in France for entrée plus a nice fillet of fish with rice and veges for main. The sauce with the main was great but apart from that it was really nothing special and given that the menu was €30 (cheapest available) I felt a bit ripped off. I would check out other places in Antibes or Nice, depending on where you are, rather than come here again but it's a nice restaurant with good food so if price isn't an issue for you then sure I would recommend it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere