“WORTH A VISIT” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“WORTH A VISIT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

At least this a restaurant that has some atmosphere and beats the dreary synthetic restaurants in Monaco. The staff were very commercial, but polite, yes there are some very expensive dishes on the menu, however if you tip toe around it you can select some dishes that are reasonable ! I'm afraid the South of France is now ludicrous when it comes to prices unlike some years ago when you could find the odd sensibly priced restaurant, so don't expect to eat anywhere without the bill coming to E60 minimum per head.
I'm sure this restaurant has its good days and bad ones, the hours its open probably determines this, staff are only human and on a busy day they must leave irritable and exhausted !
Its worth a visit for the ambience alone !

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chislehurst, United Kingdom
“READ THE OTHER REVIEWS....WE IGNORED UNFORTUNATELY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We unfortunately ignored the reviews as the concierge in our 5* star hotel made a recommendation. The food was the worst I have ever had in my life. Firstly it arrived within 5 minutes (prior to wine arriving) ....this was supposed to be freshly grilled prawns, lasagne, pizza and a chicken ceaser salad. The prawns tasted of ammonia, the lasagne was stone cold in the middle, the pizza swimming in fat and the salad ok. We sent the lasagne back and watched the "chef" reheat it in the microwave. I didn't complain as I am not the complaining type but when the waiter asked why I had left my prawns I explained they tasted "off". He explained its because they were cooked in a wood oven. This annoyed me as I have travelled the world and eaten in lots of restaurants both good and bad. I said he should perhaps try them himself....he knew better. The lasagne returned swimming in fat, my other daughter left the pizza and the salad remained half eaten. I have stayed in many top quality hotels around the world ....good, bad and indifferent and never felt compelled to write a review but this restaurant has forced me to warn others. The head waiter kind of expected it and we watched the other complaints around the restaurant. Please take heed of mine and the other bad reviews on tripadvisor and don't ruin your evening. We returned to the hotel for a club sandwich and did point out to the concierge I was disappointed they recommended this restaurant as there was too much evidence to the contrary.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Luxembourg
“a TERRIBLE combination of bad food, bad service and high prices!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went for dinner because the place was busy and it looked presentable - that's were the postives end !
Following our order we had to remind the waiter several times to bring our drinks. Finally 2, out of 5, drinks arrived. After another couple of reminders drinks number 3 and 4 arrived. More reminders; drink 5 arrived. Then the food. According to my 14 year old daughter "the worst lasagne ever". Some tasteless "meat mash" with one layer of pasta and greasy melted cheese on top. Child number 2 was not much happier. A sad looking pizza swimming in fat. Most take-away pizza places do much better (for much less!). The advertised 'meat cut of the day for 2' (allegedly finest Irish beef) turned out to be tough like a shoe sole and had lots of fat. This was accompanied by undercooked creamed potatoes and some unidentifiable greenish mousse that must have been prepared sometime earlier because it had developed a skin. In response to our complaint the waiter said he was sorry and called the head waiter who also stated he was sorry and delivered the bill. € 202 !
Conclusion: DON'T GO THERE !

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Moscow, Russia
“Service without afternoon break”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

One of the brasseries located in the port. It serves without the afternoon break from 12 PM till 12 AM . We visited it three times because we always want to eat during the time when other places were closed for lunch break. Located in the port there is nothing special you can wait for. The dish of the day is all the same: beaf or fish. We were nicely surprrised with the dessert that we were offerred. We chose coffee gourmet - variaty of desserts to taste.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fun place to go... see and be seen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Like this crazy high flying place, lots of go, lots of phzazz... a place to see and be seen. Not bad food either.

Visited April 2013