“Good basic Italian with good service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Good basic Italian with good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Just picked this place as we walked through main square. All had pizzas and they were first class, probably best in many years. With beer, wine, french fries and salad we had no complaints. The pizzas were a little late but we were not concerned. However, since they had already served the fries and salads they took it upon themselves to provide additonal side dishes when the pizzas arrived. This was a great gesture. We enjoyed the visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Liverpool
“Cheap, quick eats.....popular with families”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I agree with other reviews - its not that bad but if you have visited other restuarants in Antibes such as Aubergine and La Marmite then its below par but service is quick and prices are fair.

For people in the UK - its like visiting a Toby Carvery - family favourites at affordable prices and its busy enough with families and couples.

My motivation for going - last day of holiday, money running out - wanted somethign fairly cheap. I ordered pasta with pesto (€11) and my sister ordered Salmon (€17). It wasnt goign to blow us away but I knew that so I cant say I was disappointed.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas, United States
“If you enjoy food.....don't eat here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Steak was like a leather shoe...."sauce au poivre" was like a watered down milk with a few pepper corns thrown in. Unfortunately, because we were too late for lunch/too early for dinner, our options were limited. Sadly, starving would have been a better option.

Seems like it should be a good choice because the terrace is lovely. Right in the Place National, it is surrounded by little shops and cafes. Don't walk...RUN FROM THIS RESTAURANT as if your life depended on it! I'm still afraid I may have scars for life after this meal.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
“In spite of TA reviews, food is ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We were in hurry and most of the places were closed between 2 and 3 pm. So we decided to eat in first place which we'll see.

I thought, that it'll be expensive and not tasty. And I took complex lunch for 21€. Cources are large and tasty, I couldn't believe that I can't eat it completely (they are really big).

Service is polite, fast and nice. Waiters are young and funny.

So,... That place is not as bad as TA says. Hope you'll enjoy it.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Wendover, United Kingdom
“Don't waste your time or money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

There are so many wonderful places to eat in Antibes, I can't believe we were stupid enough to end up here. In our defence we were very tired and hungry and needed lunch quickly. It was definitely not quick. It was not good and it was not good value either. Touristy rubbish.

Visited September 2011