“Amazing place but VERY expensive!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 97 Hotels in Antibes
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing place but VERY expensive!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I decided to come here to hang by the pool and to have lunch. This place is just amazing!!! The photos don't do justice at all! The service was impeccable, a little snobby but what do you expect for a place who charges $60 for a plate of plain pasta with a tasteless tomato sauce?!? The food was horrible! Who are they kidding?!? My husband and I spent about US$500 for hanging out the entire day! I would have expected more because it is Hotel Du Cap and everything was so expensive! will i go back again? YES!!! i might just get a bottle of French Rosé, a sparkling water and not eat. my hubby and I had a great time and that's what matters :)

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We went to the Hotel du Cap twice over a two-week period; once for coffee in the afternoon, and once for lunch at The Grill. Both visits were wonderful and we wished we could have stayed longer. Yes, pretty much everything is expensive there, but the finer things in life come at a price, and this hotel is well worth it. We will definitely come back on our next trip to the Riviera in December.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Philippe P, Directeur général at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you very much for your comment on Trip Advisor!
We are delighted to read your thoughts about your stay in the Bar and in the Grill and that we have met all your expectations.
For your information, we are closed until mid April; but of course it will be a pleasure to welcome you next season for a lunch, a drink in the Bar or a longer stay...
Kindest Regards.
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have just come back from four days in this very expensive Hotel ! Everything was perfect except you needed to be a locksmith to open your bedroom door, apart from this a perfect luxury break.
I had the cheapest room in the hotel but it was fantastic it was well furnished and exceptionally clean.
I thought the room service continental breakfast could have been improved by including some fresh fruit ,the Croissants were a bit oily and dry and the toast was very thin and cold.
I did not have a car and thought complimentary transportation into the town might have been another welcome idea.
But I am trying hard to find fault here it was a magnificent hotel and one which I hope to return to again as long as the locks are changed!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Philippe P, Directeur général at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest:
May I express my appreciation for taking the time to leave a comment on Trip Advisor after your recent stay at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc.
I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your experience among us and I shall not miss to share your encouraging words with my teams!!!
As regards your key trouble, I thank you for that remark that I already shared with my Executive Housekeeper to find a quick solution. As far as the breakfast concerned, I thank you also for your note; but just be informed that all our breads and pastries are home made every morning by our own baker so the quality is very fresh and we always have good comments from our residents.
We look forward to welcoming you soon in our hotel.
great neck n.y.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Outstanding luxury hotel set back from the sea but with spectacular grounds and very nice but small pool and grill room with amazing views.We decided to go in September as things calm down in that month. There is no ' scene ' or ' Beautiful people ' around but there is serenity, good weather, professional hotel staff and outstanding service.Any room facing the sea is superb, however certain rooms that are on the side of the main building may be close to the road and can be noisy.

Restaurants are very expensive but you are at a 5 star resort and have to expect it.We ate lunches at the grill room overlooking the sea that were outstanding but dinners we left the hotel for the many gourmet places within 10 miles of the hotel.

Of the many luxury hotel that i have stayed all over the world this place sits right on top of the pyramid !

Highly recommended but not in July or August when its crazy expensive and super busy.

Room Tip: a/c units are totally silent, rooms facing directly to the sea are amazing.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is truly a special place. The hotel, grounds inside and out are spectacular. The pool itself maybe worth the visit. The staff is efficient and helpful. Our room which was a classic was fine. Very pretty with nice touches of fresh flowers and an amazing view of the grounds. I wouldn't opt for ANY room that didn't have some view toward the back of the property. However the room and bathroom is small. If you don't like sharing a sink or space with your loved one you will be in trouble. The grill down by the pool is delicious with views to die for. My one complaint and so many places are like this now, is that there is only one restaurant for dinner on site. For a multiple night stay it just doesnt give any variety. All this said, it is gorgeous.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Philippe P, Directeur général at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest:
May I express my gratitude for taking the time to leave a message on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc.
I was very pleased to know that you spent an enjoyable stay among us.
For your information, we have a very few rooms with one single sink in the bathroom - this is a category of room we are glad to have and to offer to some of our guests who are looking for this kind of cosiness.
Concerning our restaurants, we have 2 places to welcome you every day. Our casual restaurant the Grill is open for lunch from April through mid October, and for dinner from June through mid September. The Eden-Roc, our gastronomic one, is open for lunch and dinner from April through mid October.
And of course, if you prefer to stay in your room, you can enjoy our room-service 24/7.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon in our hotel.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for the first time for a few nights in mid-September and loved it. The room was really well-outfitted, with a powerful hairdryer, nice slippers and robes, great sheets, spacious shower/steam room. The grounds and pool are beautiful. We loved the breakfast and lunch; everything was absolutely delicious and high-quality. We had dinner in the grill once and it was also good, just not as "exciting" as breakfast or lunch. Juan-les-Pins and Antibes are easily accessible by taxi. There is also a bus that runs between the hotel and Antibes, but it stops in the early evening.

Everyone on staff was lovely and welcoming. We will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Philippe P, Directeur général at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Guest:
May I express my appreciation for taking the time to leave a message on Trip Advisor.
Indeed, we were genuinely very glad to read that you were delighted with your stay at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc. Your compliments on our property, on the rooms and our 9 acres parc were truly appreciated and your gratifying remarks make our efforts even more worthwhile!
Naturally, we look forward to seeing you soon for an even more pleasant stay.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The hotel is aesthetically pleasing....the common spaces are lovely.....most impressive are the grounds and gardens.....well maintained and leading to the water beyond. There are also several tennis courts nestled within the gardens as well as an adequate fitness center. There are not many hotels that can compare to the style of this.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc? Share your experiences!