“Simply good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 97 Hotels in Antibes
Boston
“Simply good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stay here in October for a week.
The classic room was affordable and, yes, did not have any view. But who needs a view if you could just step outside and be on the beach?
Location is second to none: right on the beach, and 10 minutes walk from the old city. And the parking is free from October, 1.
Room is small, but had all the amenity we needed. Bed is not the best in the world, and pillows may be upgraded.
Spa is very small, but modern. What I would suggest to add in the spa is a supply of drinking water. It does not cost a lot, but without the water you can't enjoy completely relax in the Spa.
People working at the hotel are outstanding. Room cleaning was perfect, night bed turn-down was a nice add-on. Front desk people speaks good English, and and ready to help above and beyond their work requirement.
Internet in the room worked fine.
Did not eat in the hotel restorant: Old Antibes is full of other nice places to eat.
I would highly recommend that hotel for everyone.

Room Tip: Classic room has no view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony C, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Sir,
I thank you very much for dedicating some time to this very nice review! Although our "Classic Rooms" do not have any view as you mentioned, it is fair to say that regarding their affordable rates and the quietness they offer, they still are a very good deal! Furthermore, once again your are right, our fantastic location right across the Beach, allows you to enjoy a wonderful Sea view as soon as you get out of the lobby's elevator! I would like to ensure you that there is always some drinking water in the Spa, but unfortunately, we met a delivery problem. I sincerly apologize for the inconvenience caused. The whole staff have been very pleased thanks to your very kind words. Every single one of us is really passionate and we get our reward from our guests' satisfaction!
May you wish to visit us again, make sure to contact us directly in order to take advantage of our numerous offers rewarding our faithful guests!
Looking forward to welcoming you back,
Best regards from the "Royal Team"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Western Suburbs of Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We spent 3 nights at this hotel in September and were pleased with the property overall. Our room was large and open, with a terrace that stretched the entire length of the living room and bedroom. We spent a lot of time out there, just gazing at the sea and the beautiful yachts. The room also afforded a fun view of the street below, and all of the activity going on during the day and evenings. When it came time to sleep, we could control huge automatic door shutters, which blocked all of the light, and most of the street sounds, for a peaceful sleep. The bed wasn't too comfortable, and the 4 quite flat pillows provided did not come close to affording a luxurious sleep experience.
The staff was very kind - especially Allison, who helped us a lot with boarding passes, suggestions for things to do in the area, etc. All in all, a welcome end to a beautiful vacation in France.

Room Tip: Definitely spend the extra to view the sea.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony C, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Customers,

I warmly thank you for your lovely review! I am glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay among us by taking advantage of our fantastic location and of our very nice apartments!
All the Staff have been very pleased thanks to your comment and especially Alison who has been delighted from helping you!

I had the regret to read that your sleeping expectations have not been matched but as we are always willing to improve our service, we are grateful that you shared your suggestions!

We are awaiting for the pleasure of seeing you again soon!

Warmest regards from the "Royal Team"
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have recently returned from 3 wonderful days stay in Hotel Royal. I had booked the vacation as a surprise 15 year wedding anniversary for my wife and I had booked one of the Cap Antibes suites with a sea view. I had informed the hotel of my intentions and had requested if possible a nice room with a good sea view. Let me first state that I am a regular traveller with my work and for me its nearly always the people that make the difference. From the moment we arrived in Nice airport to our departure from the hotel the experience completely exceeded my expectations and I must fully commend the hotel and their staff for this. We had organised a collection through the hotel. Our driver was very courteous and informative and provided many tips for our weekend stay. On arrival to the hotel we were informed that we had been upgraded to a Mediterannean suite and to our surprise we were given a complimentary bottle of champagne for our enjoyment. This was certainly not expected but was very much appreciated. I would like to extend my thanks to the Hotel and Staff of the Hotel Royal for making our suprise getaway a truly enjobale one and we will certainly return.

For those who enjoy a good hike / walk I would strongly recommend a walk around the Cap. It takes a few hours but the views around the cliffs are stunning. Wear good shoes.

Room Tip: To truly enjoy the location of this hotel you need to book one of the suites with a sea view
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for dedicating some time to share your "Royal Experience"!
All our Team have been truly touched by your kind words and are really delighted from satisfying you. It was a natural gesture to offer you an upgrade and a bottle of Champagne in order to thank you for choosing our hotel for such a special occasion!

On behalf of the whole Team, I want to pass our sincerest congratulations and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Best regards,
Essex, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have just spent the most amazing few days in a fantastic suite at the fabulous Royal Hotel. My family and I travel frequently to the South of France and I have to say that this is one of the best places I have stayed in!!!!

The location is perfect and the views from our terrasse magnificent. Surrounded by beaches, restaurants and the charming old town with its quaint streets only minutes away ... everything is at your doorstep!

The suite was modern, spacious and very comfortable and I found the staff to be friendly and very helpful.

The only complaint I have is that I cant believe we haven't stayed here before?!!!

We will definitely be back to the Royal Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

I can barely find the words to describe how grateful we are thanks to your fantastic review!
I am glad you enjoyed the comfort of your apartment and the beauty of the surroundings.
All the "Royal Team" have been delighted from helping you and cannot wait to the pleasure of seeing you again!

Kindest regards,
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We spent 3 nights in the room 25 just a week ago and - all in all - RA is as good 'real 4 Star' hotel as it can (and must) be.
Members of Crew were professional and very caring.
Of course, there are always space for further improvements, but it generally doesn't affect guests in any possible way.
Best restaurant, best beach and beach restaurant, nice spa - sauna and showers 5*.
And best of all - very cleverly positioned on the market: 4* guests are the strong majority - just nice friendly quiet hard-working middle- to upper-middle-class people.
Slept like children. :)
Thanks RA!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony C, Responsable relations clients at Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guests,

I sincerly thank you on behalf of the whole Team for your very kind review!
It is such a reward for us to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in our lovely town and that you took advantage of the different facilities offered by our Hotel!

It has been our great pleasure to host you and the whole Royal Team are really looking forward to seeing you again!

Warmest regards,
Antibes Juan Les Pins
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This place has all the foundation to become an excellent hotel. However, some of the staff were very unprofessional and even impolite at times. For a person that travel about 150 days a year and stay in equal and better hotels, poor service and unfriendly staff I really don't like.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Anthony C, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your views about our hotel. Therefore, I wish they could have been more detailed as we are willing to constantly improve our Service.
Unfortunately, you wrote that the Staff were impolite and unprofessional without mentioning a speciffic reason nor a specific department.

As it would really help us, please feel free to get back to me in order to tell me more about the whole situation, I will pay a very close attention to any comment.

Thanking you in advance,

Warmest regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a real find, contemporary, well positioned hotel with spa and private beach.

The thing that first stand out is the genuinely warm welcome offered by the front of house staff, replicated the next day by totally different staff, but all just as friendly, helpful and professional.

The room was good, clean, contemporary, not massive but fine.

The beach however was our favourite part, it has a nice sandy bay, but with a cool chill out beach bar, alongside an excellent beach restaurant, first class food and wine, very fresh, delicious and excellent service.

Whole experience was a great pleasure.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony C, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Guests,

I warmly thank you for sharing your "Royal Experience" with us! The whole Team have been truly touched and delighted thanks to your kind comment. We are hoping to see you again very soon for some other wonderful moments in our lovely town!

Kindest regards from the Royal Team,

Been to Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa? Share your experiences!