“Excellent Hotel located a step away from the beach” 5 of 5 stars

Cap d'Antibes Beach Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Boulevard Marechal Juin, 06160 Antibes, France   |
Ranked #9 of 96 Hotels in Antibes
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel located a step away from the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before and it is one of the best on the Cote d'Azur.A fairly small hotel which means it is friendly,relaxing,and very individual-almost unique in this part of France.Everything is clean [even at the end of the season],the service is top class [even though the staff must be a bit tired after a long summer but it didn't show],and nothing was too much trouble.Franck,the General Manager,perfectly organised our room preferences [would recommend first floor rooms when you book though all the rooms are pleasant and well equipped], whilst the owner of the hotel takes great pride in his establishment.
They often have offers at the start and end of the season,so would recommend those times as the whole area is relatively calm but the sun still shines.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

A pleasant stay with modern interior design and art.
The beach is just in front of the bar. God food and nice bar.
It is an elegant place but also very friendly.
Quiet surroundings and close to the city. Top views over the bay and all seaport activities in the bay.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

From the moment we arrived everything was perfect. Our room, #205, was one of the largest I believe. The large deck had a table with two chairs and a large double chaise. Everything is very modern, great use of woods and excellent design. The open floor plan closet was brilliant as was the wonderful bathroom complete with rain shower head w/ fiber optic light show.

We loved the design of the hotel and understand it was opened in 2009, it all looks new and is very well maintained.

We arrived on Saturday and left Tuesday morning. This was off season and it did not feel crowded at all.

I had thought upon booking that it was not walking distance to town but the walk was an easy one and there were lots of restaurants to choose from as well as a good market, etc.

We had dinner at the hotel one night and while pricey it was excellent and we felt worth the experience.

The manager and all the staff we encountered were simply gracious and very appropriate. I actually would rate this property on the same level as the best of the Four Seasons (with perhaps a bit less pomp and circumstance!). The property feels very laid back in a totally good way.

Our only regret was that we had business in Monaco to take care of that took us away from the property for a full day. Next time I want to visit this excellent property and stay put!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Franck F, Directeur général at Cap d'Antibes Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Dear Summit4321,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your stay at le CAP D ANTIBES BEACH HOTEL.
Hearing a guest has gone home with wonderful memories of his stay with us is priceless.
We are all very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room, the location of the hotel and your dinner at LES PECHEURS. I have shared your encouraging feedback and hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back next year.
Warm regards, Franck Farneti
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2014

My girlfriend and I had high expectations of this hotel as it was ranked five star and was a Relais Chateau. Sadly, we found it to be under par service wise. The service at our first breakfast was incredibly slow and when we complained a very surly waiter replied that they were busy and that we were the last in! The next episode occurred at lunch when my gluten free bread arrived and when I pointed out to the restaurant manager who brought it that it was icy cold as if out of the freezer, he grabbed the bread and stomped off saying it was not out of the freezer. When he returned I asked him gently if he understood what I was trying to explain to him as I thought he was upset and he said yes and that he was not upset and he stomped off.
We, the next day, complained to the Manager Frank who took it all on board and apologised.
That day when we returned to our room there was a letter of apology and two very nice beach towels as gifts. All very nice, but we would have preferred good polite service in the first place and did not really care about receiving gifts.
The service did improve from then on.
On the plus side, the outdoor restaurant terrace has a wonderful view. The beach staff were very friendly and efficient and so were the reception staff. The room we had was lovely with a great view and was kept spotless - the housekeeping staff very good.
We booked at this time to avoid noisy children being around but there were still lots of Scandinavians and Russians whose children were still on holiday so be warned. the beach and restaurant get really crowded at weekends even though out of high season so you must reserve a table at lunch and bag a lounger as soon as you get to the beach. You can reserve loungers in advance if you are staying at the hotel - something no one had told us so we found out the hard way.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 200 numbers are good and the nearest you get to the corner the more view you get. Gard...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear 1234186338;
Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor.
We do apologize if your experience at le CAP D ANTIBES BEACH HOTEL did not fully satisfied you. As you wrote, your concerns were passed to our team after our discussion for an immediate action. I appreciate that you notice our reaction the day after.
Our permanent effort for amelioration is a key element for providing excellent customer service at any time.
Please, do not hesitate to let me know of your next visit to le Cap d Antibes. Best regards, Franck
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

We stayed here for a few days during a tour of France and Italy and had an extremely pleasant stay. From the point that our car keys were taken from us to unload the car to the point that they were returned with the car loaded as we left I could find no fault with the excellent service at the hotel. The reception staff were most efficient as was the gentleman who introduced himself as the manager. Not only were they able to offer advice about places to visit and eat in the area but they also noted that during our stay if was my birthday and unprompted I was provided with a very nice gift on the day and both complimentary drinks and a complimentary course during our dinner in the beautiful michelin starred restaurant. The hotel is perfectly situated a little out of town and very handily has its own beach and a pool overlooking the beach. The beach side restaurant served high quality food during the day and the service from the staff on the beach and in the beach and main restaurants was exceptional. This is a small hotel on just 2 levels with garden rooms on the ground floor and sea view rooms on the upper floor. As we spent most of our time on the beach we found the garden to be absolutely fine. This is after all not a cheap hotel but little touches such as towels being changed seamlessly during the day on more than one occasion as the staff felt necessary just added to the feeling that you were really being looked after. The soundproofing was also excellent. I suspect that the small beach and pool could get very busy and possibly noisy in the main summer weeks so I would recommend avoiding those and enjoying what is certainly a very nice hotel. If you fancy spendng the evening looking out over the sea from your balcony then you need a sea view room although if like me you prefer to take a drink in the beach bar and dinner the great restaurant in the evening then the garden rooms are perfectly fine. Although breakfast may appear a little expensive if was one if the best I have had anywhere. We will be returning.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Franck F, Directeur général at Cap d'Antibes Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2014
Dear SPW915,
Many thanks for such a detailed comments, as a great contibutor to Tripadvisor further to your stay with us. I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon : maybe in April or May whe we re open our property.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2014

We stayed at the Cap d'Antibes Beach hotel in September 2014 and had an absolutely lovely time! The hotel is gorgeous, very modern and the rooms are quite spacious. We were in a garden room which was great because our 1 year old son had space to crawl around outside. The hotel was very accommodating and the food was delicious! The restaurant for dinner is very fancy and quite expensive, but worth the money. If you're looking for something that is a little cheaper room service is always an option. The location is about a 5 minute walk to the center of town where there are lots of restaurants and shops. We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear Carrie R;
Many thanks for your great comment futher to your stay with your little boy with us. We hope to welcome you back next year knowing that we will re open beginning of April.
LAS + CPH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

In general the hotel has a lot of qualities however, for me there are several gaps. I guess the "weight" of these gaps depend on personal preference. One of the main things that I find a bit unsatisfactory with the hotel is that it's trying to be everything.

It's for adults, its for kids, its for external visitors, its luxury, its beach food, its Guide Michelin food, etc etc. It does most of it, but never excels at any of it. Our goal with going there was really to relax and enjoy a nice central location in southern France. We travel extensively and have fairly high standards (regulars at Four Seasons, Aman, Ritz Carlton, Oetker managed places, etc).

The physical building is actually OK. Very neat design. I liked it.

The room was fine. We had 206 which had a decent view. I found it a bit weird that the view is obstructed with little sheds and a orange "tent" that had some maintenance stuff behind it - did really feel like the hotel is squeezed in between lots of other buildings and the port area. The room quality more or less matched what we expected. Im not sure why theres a shower curtain instead of a glass door into the bathroom - I assume the glass door fell off? Furniture is of expected standard and cleanliness. Wifi worked fine (good speeds) but the sessions close down way too fast. If you get an email, read it - you are already thrown off the system and you have to go thru the connect process again (which takes up to 30 seconds on iOS devices) - that was very very annoying. Towels were of shockingly low quality. Thin and scratchy - just like the toilet paper.

The beach was a disappointment. I 100% understand the beach public domain rules - as its the same in the country where I live - however the fact that you have over 100+ beds that you rent out makes no sense to me. Everything is soo tight and squeezed it kills any feel of luxury. The plastic beds at the beach & pool are of poor quality and honestly way below what I expected. We ended up going for a pool side location during our 5 day visit - that area is equally cramped but there is a few less people than at the beach madness. I don't understand why the hotel allow kids in the pool. Its a huge noise generator and again - kills any luxury feeling of the place. On 3 different days there was kids and adults who were not guests, in the pool - (a lot!) - and only after them screaming and yelling for a long time, did staff ask them to leave. In two instances they didn't want to leave - and it was like an hour before they were kicked out. Pool side food/beverage service was efficient and quick. The two boys running the pool side service did certainly try their best given the facilities and circumstances.

The beach restaurant was equally disappointing. Food quality was mediocre at best. The choices and selection was ok, but preparation was poor and the dishes unimaginative. French fries were out of a bag. (frozen). They could not even bake their own burger buns. How many 5 star hotels serve pre-fabricated bread buns? It makes no sense at all. My wife had two different pasta dishes on two occasions, and both times they had a strong taste of tomato paste (out of a tube or can), and it had no authenticity or freshness at all. The restaurant setting is quite a madhouse. Kids and adults yelling and screaming, running around, way too many people for the small area, tables and chairs crammed in to maximise the space. Just running the gauntlet of the hotel side entrance and towards the bar (the main walkway) is filled with people, furniture and running waiters - its absolutely not relaxing by any meaning of the word.

We had room service breakfast thru the entire stay - it was surprisingly good.

We also had room service dinner on occasion. It resulted in stone cold undercooked food. They did take it back, but insisted on picking up the undercooked dish - examining it - before re-firing a new one. And the waiter watched over me as I "inspected" the replacement dish. I have honestly never tried anything like that before. Due to elevator access and layout they carry the food for room-service on trays with no covers over the plates and no heater (not like trolly tables with gas heaters) - so no wonder the food is cold when you get it. Cheesy.

One thing the hotel should really consider - is a hotel car service. (free or payment based). Getting taxis in the area can easily take 45 minutes or more. Antibes is 40 minutes by foot. And Cannes you need a car/taxi for. Most guests had their own cars - which is fine - it does require that you are comfortable with driving in southern france.

All in all - the hotel could be a great couples retreat if they ditch the renting of beach chairs to the public and limit resturant access to non hotel customers - or it could be a great kids resort of they just open the floodgates and put a pirate ship in the pool - it could also be a great public beach venue with restaurant if they stopped being a hotel - they just need to decide on where to focus their energy. Because all three at once is not working - well - at least not for the guests.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Morgan J,
Thank you for taking the time to share your point of view on Trip Advisor.
We feel very sorry you did not experience the Cap d Antibes Beach Hotel ambiance.
We appreciate your feedback as for us the most important is to make the guests feel delighted.
I regret you did not share your impressions with me during your stay as we could have been proactive & I would have appreciated to answer to your questions . As hoteliers we aim to provide the best quality of service and we hope to have the chance to change your mind about our property.
Do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss your experience.
Best regards, Franck Farneti

Been to Cap d'Antibes Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!