“Delhi Delice” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
henley-on-thames
“Delhi Delice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is a warm and welcoming small restaurant in centre ville, just what we were looking for on a very wet Thursday. The patron Dominique talked us through the menu and inquired about the level of spiciness we liked.

We opted for the lunch deal which is either entree + plat, or plat + dessert for 12€. My vegetable pakora came with little dishes of chutneys and yoghurts and my friend tucked into her raita. We both enjoyed our main courses which came with nan bread and rice. Coffee afterwards brought the bill to 28€. Shahnawaz, the chef, previously worked at the Sheraton at Bukhara and the Intercontinental in New Delhi. Great experience but now he is enjoying life with Dominique, their daughter and their resto in Aix. Delhi Delice is at 22 rue du Félibre Gaut and their opening hours can be found on www.delhidelice.com. There's a full menu on the website and you can order takeaways!

• Visited April 2013

“The best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I found the same taste taste that i had in india,i never tasted food like here in whole of europe.its a small restaurant but the quality is excellent.reminds me of good old days in india.i love this restaurant ,its cosy with colours that add to the ambience.every thing i eat has a distict tasty flavour,i will come back as many times possible to eat here,
Thanks chef

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leeds
“Best in Aix”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I tried the food here and it was great. I liked best was the fish cooked in southern indian style. The best bit was the coffee, which was served with traditional Indian sweets. The service was perfect.

• Visited October 2011
Thones, France
“"Not what it says on the can"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Where do I begin? I've been eating and cooking Indian food for over 40 years. We even have a tandoori oven! This restaurant promised so much. The chef/owner was supposed to have cooked in one of the world's top 15 restaurants (according to the menu)! It began on a high. There was no false red colouring in the chicken tikka and it smelled delicious. However, it was supposed to be chicken breast but must have been leg or thigh because it was stringy and brown. Very poor quality. If they can't afford breast then they should put their prices up! The tandoori fish was off and tasted very oily for a white fish. Made me feel a bit sick. Perhaps the biggest failure was the chicken tikka makhani. It tasted like it had been made with a tin of poor quality tomato soup with no spices added. Such a shame! I think I'm going to give up on finding a good Indian restaurant in France. The only one I've found so far is the Rajpoute in Ferney Voltaire, near Geneva. I'll finish with something positive. The service was very friendly.

• Visited September 2011