We (2A, 2C) paid 188.34 Eu for 3 nights and stayed in a no-frills but surprisingly comfortable, pretty large, very quiet, clean family room (r 332) with a queen bed, an overhead single bunk, an extra single bed and a view of the city walls. The shower was good and strong (and safe for the kids as it flashed different coloured lights depending on the temperature) and there was OK air conditioning. BBC World was not working on the TV meaning there were no English channels during our stay..
We used the microwave in the foyer for some meals There's a Carrefour supermarket on the road between the train station and the town (about 15 miinutes stroll but handy if you're on your way back from sightseeing) which has good salads and cold drinks. There's another (bigger) supermarket less than 5 minutes from the hotel. To get to it turn right out of hotel, right at the first street at the lights, walk through the tunnel and you'll see it ahead on the right.
Location is great. If you come on the bus from the TGV station (1.2 Eu per person), you'll pass the hotel on your right as the road hits the city walls and it's an easy walk back from the stop (head out the gate in the wall and go right at the road that runs alongside till you see the hotel) From the Avignon centre train station, just turn L on the road outside (the same road as above, It runs parallel with the wall) a couple of blocks and the hotel is on your left just across a set of lights. There's no laundry at the hotel but the friendly reception people printed off a map for us to one in town.
The tourist office has a free Avignon passion card that gives you discounts on attraction entry prices after you pay full price for your first one - the brochure with the pass lists all entry prices so you can work out which place to go to first for the biggest savings. .We loved the Palais of the Popes, the Fort at Villeneuve d'Avignon (a short bus ride away, then we walked back to the island and took the free ferry back to Avignon - be aware it stops over lunch time), and the bridge,
- Also Known As:
- Etap Avignon Centre Hotel Avignon
- Etap Avignon Centre Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal locationSettled in a building originally designed for a hotel of the upper range, IBIS BUDGET Avignon City Center offers you very large rooms, compared to other hotels of his category.Located in front of the ramparts, 5 minutes walking from the Avignon Center railway station, our establishment is the ideal place when visiting Avignon (Pont Saint Bénezet & Popes' Palace at 10 minutes on foot), and its surroundings (lavender fields, Pont du gard, Nîmes, Arles, Orange....) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR and Otel so you can book your Ibis Budget Avignon Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.