“Yummy!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 466 Restaurants in Avignon
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating
South Bend, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is a lovely spot to have tea or coffee. It has a very British feeling and serves the best sticky toffee pudding I have had - simply scrumptious. We didn't have lunch, only coffee and treats and would put this on the list to return to if we go back to Avignon.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Overland Park, KS
“Save room for dessert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

At the suggestion of our wine tour guide JB we went to Simple Simon for lunch. Step off the busy Avignon street and you are transported into a quaint English countryside cottage. Exposed stone walls, heavy wood beamed ceiling with a Union Jack and a picture of the queen on the wall. But what is most impressive is the large table of the most mouth wateringly delicious desserts you have ever encountered. My wife and I had lunch at Simple Simon on 16 October 2012. It is truly unfortunate that this restaurant is not open for dinner. During our lunch we met both owners and they did all they could to make us feel at home, right down to giving us a detailed explanation of each item on their dessert table. For lunch my wife had a salad with chicken and I had the lamb crumble. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the conversations we had with the owners. Portions are generous but not overly large. But I'm saving the best for last. You cannot go to Simple Simon and not have a dessert. We split a piece (one piece is enough for two) of raspberry chocolate mint gateau. It was simply out of this world. If you are in Avignon and want a great lunch go to Simple Simon I cannot recommend it more highly.

• Visited October 2012