+ excellent location near the center
+ very good decor, generally with a lot of rare furniture and decor items
+ internet is easy to connect and works throughout the building
+ own parking with valet service
+ friendly and helpful staff
+ parts of the hotel are freshly refurbished, including the lobby, bar and restaurant, and most of the rooms (I guess)
- beware of red rooms! Unless you like red walls, there are just two dark red rooms in the hotel. We were booked in one if them by accident and had to change it.
- slow Internet
- the hotel is 200+ years old with layers of refurbishment. So the electric switches feel like they've been changed in the 80s, marble in the bathroom looked more like 90s, etc, etc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel d'Europe is a magnificent 16th century residence in an excellent location—the centre of Avignon, in the heart of Provence.This 5 star hotel offers 41 rooms and 3 spacious and luxuriously decorated suites. An ideal point of departure full of history, from which you can visit the Cité des Papes.The restaurant "La Vieille Fontaine", is masterfully led by Chef Bruno d’Angelis, long recognised by the most well-known gourmet gastronomic guides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hotel d'Europe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel d Europe
- d Europe Hotel Avignon