“Nightmare for Indian food!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #250 of 400 Restaurants in Avignon
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Nightmare for Indian food!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The worst indian food we ever had in our Europe trip. trust me is not worth of the money. For example, we ordered sag paneer, but we had a shock as we were told that the paneer got melted into the gravy !!! Beware and stay away!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Avignon, France
“Very good Indian and pakistanian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had a veery good dinner and excellent service. Very recommended! The waiter we think was the owner was very kind and helped us choose our menu. Speaks English and French .

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
torino
“perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I really loved this restaurant: but I didn't like pakoras. the cheese naan was ok. the samosas were good. j'ai solement pris les plats à emporter. it was really spicy. we ate in two and we spent 20 euros. the owner was very kind he gave us plastic forks :-)

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Avignon, France
“Friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great food and friendly service, I just found my Alu Gosht (lamb curry) lacking in kick as it wasn't spicy enough at all. The cheese naan was perfect though. If I have the opportunity to go back, I'll have to ask the chef to pump up the spices in the curry. Other than that, it's situated a few minutes' walk from the Palais des Papes and the Place de l'Horloge and it's close to the Porte de l'Oulle, which gives easy parking-access at the Parking de l'Oulle

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oakland, California
“Great Indian food in Avignon -- and SPICY! (If you want it that way)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Finding spicy food in France is like finding vegetarian saucisson. It doesn't really exist.

But I stand corrected! My wife and I ate at the Palais du Maharaja and the chicken tikka actually caused me to work up a bit of a sweat (I asked for some extra heat). It was a bit more expensive than Indian restaurants in the US, but not terribly out of line. Overall, a fine establishment with excellent service, and something that you definitely don't find on every street corner in France: spicy food.

• Visited September 2011