We stayed here for three nights following the end of our river cruise in Avignon in April of 2014.. We wanted a place within the walls of the City to do some exploring on our own. We were pleased with our choice of Cote Square B&B. Our hosts, Veronique and Frederic, were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast they prepare is an excellent and tasty start to the day.
The house containing the rooms is well off the beaten path and very quiet at night, I don't think we every traveled back and forth from it the same way twice while visiting Avignon. It is about a 15 minute walk to the Pope's Palace and the touristy areas. It is close to the market and we shopped there one day for our lunch items and ate them in the kitchen. Our rudimentary French served us reasonably well and we pretty much purchased what we thought we did. Our hosts speak very good English and they are very helpful giving advice and making restaurant reservations at some of the excellent restaurants in Avignon.
I want to clarify that the rooms are on the first floor of the house and not the ground floor as I had thought they were. There is a flight of some 20 steps up to the first floor from the entrance and no elevator or bellmen so you have to bring your luggage up and down. We were at the end of a two week trip with wine and other goodies in our bags and it took some effort to bring them up and down the stairs. It is not a big deal, but keep that in mind if you have mobility issues.
We paid 130 Euros per night for our stay and enjoyed being there, Our room was clean, with a large shower with good hot water and water pressure. There is no food service other than breakfast so if you want water and snacks, you have to purchase them from the surrounding little shops which were not open late.
We were happy with our choice of Cote Square and think that you will be as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The house is located within the rampart, in the historical center of Avignon, close to the Teinturiers street, 5 minutes walking distance from the Palais des Papes, behind the former General Alms (Arts School), right next to the Pétramale Square.It offers you its private garage should you decide to bring a car.Its rooms and its terrace will make it the ideal stop for you to enjoy Avignon and its surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cote Square B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cote Square Hotel Avignon
- Cote Square Bed And Breakfast