It took a long time to write this review because I'm terrible at remembering to rate things. This is the very first place I have ever reviewed and it is because of the exceptional experience my wife and I had staying here. Veronique and Frederic are exceptional hosts and will either be engaged or leave you alone depending on your preference. We highly recommend engaging them, as she is very knowledgeable about the area and was quite helpful for us to find dining and the wonderful market. If you have a chance, you MUST try the home made preserves her and her mother make, as well as the authentic, local Lavender Honey. The location is great as you don't have to drive to get to most restaurants, however, don't rent a large car if you plan on parking here as Avignone has tiny streets and can be tight for a large vehicle.
There is a wonderful garden right next to her place, which is nice to visit as well.
The room was exceptionally clean and well stocked with what we needed for our stay. Nice large shower (no bathtub which was fine for us). I prefer a separate toilet, which it had as well. The room had plenty of light and was nice and quiet and opened into the courtyard where we had our breakfast. The bed was comfy, and the sheets were very clean. We stayed in the Chambre Turquin. In the photo of the dining courtyard, you can see the french doors to our room. If you have more than 2, I'd strongly suggest renting one of the larger rooms. The rooms were so nicely decorated I even took pictures of them!
Again, the breakfast she provided was wonderful, with fresh breads, fruits, cheeses and jams and fresh coffee and juice.
If we visit the south of France again, we are definitely going to partake of Veronique and Frederic's hospitality. What an incredible part of our France visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The house is located within the rampart, in the historical center of Avignon, close to the Teinturiers street, 5 minutes walking distance from the Palais des Papes, behind the former General Alms (Arts School), right next to the Pétramale Square.It offers you its private garage should you decide to bring a car.Its rooms and its terrace will make it the ideal stop for you to enjoy Avignon and its surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cote Square B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cote Square Hotel Avignon
- Cote Square Bed And Breakfast